ACCEPTED Ademar Fordwin (Character Application from Lord_Shennington)

Aug 22, 2020
MI, USA
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-Lord_Shennington

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-f9f51fbd-c73d-4186-bca2-becbe3b2d485

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

-18, at the 25th of next month I will be 19

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Completely

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-A person named Vasta

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Yes,I used to own multiple RP servers on Discord, years prior I used to rp on Chatzy as well.

Additional Information: (If any)

-None
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-When you insert yourself into a role or character while partaking in a tale/adventure/etc.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-God-modding or declaring all of your actions always hit/trigger, sometimes to absurd levels. An example is, "I hit you so hard you fly 15ft. back and through a concrete wall."

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-The act of using information you yourself learned outside of an rp inrp. An example could be that you learned of the villain's true identity, though your character should still not know due to you learning said identity while chatting out of character, yet you still rp as if your character also learned this information.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-A Mary-Sue is a character that is quote en quote 'perfection incarnate', meaning that you have no flaws, everyone loves/hates you, and/or you are of supreme nature among otherthings.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-OoC means "Out of Character" and is generally used for when you are simply communicating with others while not roleplaying.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- 2020-08-22_20.24.08.png

Name:

-Ademar Fordwin

Culture:

-Korsian

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
-When Ademar was 11, his mother, Amal fell incredibly ill and with no knowledge on where his father went, Ademar took it upon himself to make up enough Kura to get her medicine. The streets of his home town proved it difficult to earn close to enough and in a panic he took a family heirloom to a traveling merchant on the outskirts of town heading to Kharman as a last ditch effort. Fortune must have smiled upon him as he finally got enough for her medicine. Ademar stayed out until the sun went down praising the eternal flame after she got better. This religious appreciation would be questioned by him years later, but his descent into scientific approaches is for another day, perhaps for a rainy night in a tavern.
Nearing a decade later Ademar left home in hopes of seeing the world while being a successful merchant, unknowingly following in his father's footsteps across the sands. Along the way he adopted a hearty cat he named Shanagora that made him keep a closer eye on his dried fish.
Ademar himself is a friendly man of few words, he enjoys
conversations but would rather sell his goods instead. Recently he was robbed of all his belongings and Kura between Gorbus and Milah, sadly his cat was also taken. Despite this misfortune he refuses to settle down or change profession. The Fordwin family didn't thrive on giving up or and he refused to be the first to try that. Besides, he still needed to track down Shanagora.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-If I didn't drink, I would note as much as I could about the supposed mugger mentally before going to aid the lady. As I'm not skilled in medical care I take fabric from my shirt and try to get her to apply pressure. If I'm able to I'd attempt to carry her out of the alley and into the open to find help and/or a guard- I'd tell the guard what I could remember about the mugger. HOWEVER, since the question includes that I drank heavily, I'm not too sure as I never exactly experienced being tipsy firsthand (I'm not one to botch an rp trying to badly act intoxicated.)

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-I attempt making small talk with people, if not successful I would then walk around quietly checking on what kind of wares people are selling- an eye on what's popular- so I may change my prices or encourage specific products I myself will be selling in the city.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-I politely decline as I wasn't wanting to risk these unpleasant side effects- I'm more than willing to spend a day without food- after all people can last longer, and it isn't like it'll kill me. Though I would like to ask what the food is called and what those side effects would incline, it would be best to learn what I can in a new area afterall.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-As the question seems to be worded that I am by myself out here near the wounded soldier, I will take their weapon(s) before retreating, if they resist or attempt to harm me I will not hesitate to end them, no matter the outcome I would then flee while giving them as little of a glance as possible just in case I get questioned by my commanding officers on why I retreated. I will then explain that, despite it would mean one step closer to victory, I did not want to be alone against the approaching legions. That is merely suicide.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- If my life was at risk out in the storm and I could not find any other shelter, I will enter the village accepting any outcome they give. It'd more than likely be better than to perish in the cold.

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your bio fails to mention anything involving server lore other than the Kura. We should see references to at least two things lorewise of the server. This can include one location and something else. In addition, your culture is Korsain instead of Korsian.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.