AionTbird

Lore Team Leader
Staff member
Lore Team Leader
Oct 7, 2019
West Coast
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - AionTbird

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 7cb4fe11-4caf-42a1-b438-9899d37f214a

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 20

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - I have.

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - I do

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Through a few players.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I do. I've played on a few minecraft roleplay servers such as Akavir and Ceres as well as pen and paper rpg's such as Call of Cthulhu and Dungeons and Dragons.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Not at this time

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Roleplaying is essentially stepping into a character's shoes, one that usually you've created.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Powergaming is essentially performing actions in character that would normally not be humanly possible. For example, dodging a volley of arrows, never missing a shot, surviving a stabbing to the heart, or landing blows without giving a chance to react.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming is the act of using out of character information in character. For example, telling my friend over discord that my character is getting attacked so he can come to the rescue in character and save my character.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A Mary-Sue character is one that is usually boringly perfect. A character without flaws and is abnormally good at everything.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an in game screenshot of your character’s skin.

Basil.png
Zander Sunstrider.png

Name:
Answer - Zander Sunstrider

Answer - 22

Culture:

Answer - Korsian

Story & Biography:

Answer -

Zander grew up in the Sunstrider household with 2 younger brothers and his parents, Amira and Nadir, in a small mining town east of Telth. Their family wasn't rich, but they had enough to get by. His father was a craftsman, focusing on the art of glass blowing, smithing, and fletching, but he didn't have the contacts to have a constant flow of profit. Zander, like any young boy in his childhood, wanted to take after his father. Zander spent what little free time he had helping his father at the forge. This was just a dream however, because most of his time was spent working in the vineyards to keep his family afloat. Zander sold his early life so his younger siblings could have a prosperous one.

Zander grew up to be a tall man, standing at 6'5, with short black hair and tanned skin. He wasn't defined, but was strong due to the laborious work he performed growing up doing physical labor. He prefers to wear padded leather clothing during his travel, carrying a backpack with a few simple hammers, a pair of tongs, and living supplies such as water, dried meat and bread, and a small tent.

During his later years, his urge for travel had gotten stronger. He wanted to go out on his own, and experience the world. He has had little exposure in this small mining town and wanted to take business elsewhere. It took quite a bit of saving and cashing in a few favors, but Zander had arranged a partnership with a caravan. Trading work and protection for traveling companions and a direction, he left his hometown. Zander hopes to find his way back eventually, having made enough money to support his family and himself so they could all live comfortably.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: "I would rush to the aid of the woman of course. Since I'm not the best at medical procedures I would call for help as I attempt to halt the bleeding the best I could. As soon as someone more capable arrives, I would assist in what ways I could. After I confirm that the woman is okay, I would report the sighting of the thug to the local guard force.."

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: "I would spend my time polishing my goods and making sure they are at peak performance before being granted entry to the city. After making sure my wears are in tip top shape, I'd ask around the camp to see if anybody there would like to make trade. Never one to waste an opportunity.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: "I would.. pass on the food. My dry rations and canteen water would have to due for the time being. Not too sure if I'd be able to keep down what she's selling."

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: "I would take a moment to pay respects to the man and his loss before ending his life in a swift fashion. It may be grueling work, but I would have to be paid to take out the enemy. And I am a man of my word, never to turn back on a deal.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few meters ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: "I would attempt to talk my way into the village. I've always had a somewhat silver tongue. I might be able to either talk my way into the village or perhaps work out some sort of trade. I've always found a way to make myself useful, so why couldn't I here?"

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.