Amprex

Jun 18, 2020
Australia
Minecraft Username(s):

-Amprex

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-0e47a864-4ffb-4495-b215-98e56a85cfd1

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-From Haradaeir who currently plays on the server.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-FiveM
-Arma 3
-D&D

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-Playing as a character in a fictional world while subject to that worlds rules, principals and people to create an authentic experience.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Forcing a roleplay scenario on someone.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Using any information gained outside the knowledge of your in game character to influence their decisions.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-A character that too powerful. One without any flaws.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-OOC means "Out of Character". It's used to talk as yourself and not as your RP character. Usually used to let people know of any external factors that may influence the RP, to talk to admins, or to get help for things such as rule clarifications.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- https://gyazo.com/5afd3e61406b52be7163e4a2161dbd01 (Screenshot - 5afd3e61406b52be7163e4a2161dbd01 - Gyazo)

Name:

-Alexios av Dunsgate

Culture:

-Oserian

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes. But he cannot use more advanced words.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

Alexios av Dunsgate
Age: 26, 190cm, 105kg, blue eyes, brown hair, brown beard.
Born in North Oseria, in Dunsgate, the Grand Duchy of Avendale.
Childhood: Growing up in the city of Dunsgate, Alexios was a rule abiding child. Alexios helped his father in his brewery business by helping out his brother Haradaeir carve out tankards and collecting hops in the summer.

Age 12-15: Falsely accused for stealing a golden armband from the Count of Dunsland and was wrongly banished from the city of Dunsgate. Having to fend for himself, got involved in a life of poaching and crime to make ends meet. Developed skills in archery and subterfuge.

Ages 16-20: Eventually a life of crime caught up with Alexios. He was caught robbing wayfarers by a travelling Mercenary who was hired by the Duke of that small town in the Grand Duchy of Avendale in response to heightened reports of caravans being robbed. This mercenary leader was called 'Robert 'One eye' Blackroot'. Having put up a bit of a fight, Alexios eventually surrendered to Robert. Having seen Alexios's natural aptitude for combat, Robert offered him a chance to serve out his sentence in his mercenary band called the 'blackroot spears'. After years of uncertainty and crime, stable work was very welcome for Alexios.

Ages 20-26: After serving out his sentence and having his crimes annulled, Alexios sought to go back to the town of Dunsgate to reconnect with his parents. Although he enjoyed some short precious times with his parents, they were abruptly and unexpectedly taken by the plague. Following some incoherent talk of noble bloodlines in the last breaths of his mother, Alexios travelled north, in the hopes of finding his brother Haradaeir who had last been seen travelling with a merchant caravan to Windspeak Abbey in the Melting Lands.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-Insist that I have business in the city as I am a noble and don't belong in a refugee camp (Lies uncertainly). After being denied, I head to the refugee camp. The smell is bad so I breathe through my mouth, while clutching my dagger. I don't care about where I step, so I step on a few people. The glint of an obviously fake crystal ball catches my eye however. I speed up to the store and see it's a fortune teller. I scoff but figure I have nothing better to do so I get my fortune told. I am told that misfortune awaits me if I keep on the same path I am heading. I am a bit shaken inside but I don't show any emotions. The fortune teller asks for a fee, I tell her that she has no business charging money to say a few words. I laugh to myself and walk away.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-With my sword up in the air ready to swing and finish the job, the enemy soldiers cries shake me up a bit. I think to myself that I don't need to kill this man, he looks dead anyway. I hear faintly the shouts of marching soldiers and take a look to where the noise come from, and sure enough in the distance I see the enemy's sigil. I take a quick glance at the wounded enemy soldier and see his necklace. Looks like silver. I quickly kick the sword away from him and rip the necklace off him while grabbing what looks like a nice sword on the way back while running away.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-Cold and hungry, I needed fire and food. If I was to be turned away I would probably die, days and days of travelling in harsh conditions had taken it's toll. Visibly shaking from the cold, the village residents did not take to me kindly and told me to go away. It looked like a Northern town based off how the houses looked and the way the residents spoke. An older man with a greying beard grunts at me, "Oserian?" he asks. "Aye. Half Oserian, but my blood also runs Half Northern...heh, how did you think I survived this cold?" The Northerners let me into their village cautiously. I went to the tavern and payed for some ale. I shared some ale with the older looking man with the greying beard. After hours of talking and with the night slipping away, amongst the talking and the warmth of the ale and fire, it all started feeling very familiar and like home.

Our application team will look at it as soon as possible!

Your application may be put onto pending when amendments are needed. Once you have amended the changes please notify the application team member by replying to the thread. The Application Team will then will review your application again. You have 14 days to make the amendments before the application is denied.

Thank you for applying for Tale of Banners!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Your armor on your skin cannot be used for roleplay until you actually have that armor in game. (See roleplay rule 2)

Your open-ended questions do imply some powergamey tactics, but your definitions shows an understanding. Do be sure to watch for that in your roleplay.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.