Not open for further replies.

ExFlowed

Nov 12, 2019
Netherlands
MineCraft Username(s):

ExFlowed

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

9f4bd8c7-5828-4e2d-af45-026c195b69a3

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Yes I do.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Found it on google whilst looking for medieval roleplay servers.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Yes, I used to roleplay a lot on FiveM (gta v modded online) and on minecraft RP servers.

Is there anything you would like to add?

No sir.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Pretending you are being the character and acting as if the character should if the world it is in was real life.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Forcing others to do actions instead of letting them choose whether they want to do the action or not.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Using information your character couldn't possibly know.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

In my eyes a "Mary-Sue" character is someone who is rather perfect and does not require any flaws.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

https://gyazo.com/3f0e140a710376bbb4df2dcb52c3d2c9 (Screenshot - 3f0e140a710376bbb4df2dcb52c3d2c9 - Gyazo)

Name:

Raff Asselin

Culture:

Northerners

Story & Biography:

Raff Asselin is a rather nice man but can be dangerous when needed. He has a long history of hunting in the woods and prefers hunting over night. He isn't scared of the dark as he loves it more than the daylight.
He simply loves the dark nights because he likes the silence and the peace.
He has been hunting since he was 6 and learned a lot of tricks from his father who has been a hunter for his entire life.
Raff Asselin's parents got murdered by 3 thieves when he was only 14 during a raid on their camp.
Since that day he seeks revenge for their deaths.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

I doubt for a second whether to help the lady or chase the criminal. My instincts tell me to seek revenge but I can't let the lady bleed out.
After a quick thought I decide to chase the thief as they might attempt to murder another person in another theft.-

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I try to make some new friends as I am short on friends.
I go sit next to some strangers and ask if they know anything about hunting.
If they do I'd ask if they want to exchange some tips and tricks.
If they don't I'd ask them if they want to learn some basics about hunting.
Best way to kill time is being with friends and having fun.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Kindly accept her offer paying her some extra coins to show a good will.
With some doubts about the foods whereabouts I take it with me and I start looking for a good place to make a small fire.
Even though I am very hungry I still have some doubts about the food.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

I slowly raise my sword above my head. I quickly look behind me to check how long I have till the enemy gets to me.
I than look back at the soldier and whisper "You'll see him soon enough, my friend" and I end his suffer.
I take one last look at the enemy closing by and start running.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I offer them some coins in exchange for a place to sleep.
If they deny I will pretend I'd be leaving but come back about 10 minutes later, trying to sneak my way into the village and I will start looking for shelter.
On my way I pay a lot of attention to my surroundings since I don't want to be spotted by the northerns.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Your character's skin isn't suitable for the setting. Northerners don't have red eyes. You also can't have armour on your skin before obtaining it in roleplay. Furthermore, I like to have any scars on the skin explained in the backstory.

2. Your character's backstory has a few issues.
2.a Generally, I'd like it to be a summary of a person's history than a brief description of what they're like. Maybe do a few experiences or stories from throughout their life that humanizes them.
2.b Six year olds don't usually hunt.
2.c The "my parents got murdered by X and I now seek revenge on them" is a vastly overused idea to a backstory. There is nothing wrong with keeping your characters' parents alive. If you set your character's main aspiration as vengeance to characters who won't be played on the server, it can lead to a weird experience.
2.d Consider adding detail to whatever you mention. For example, why is Ralf dangerous when needed? Because he hunts?

3. There are some issues with your open endeds.
3.a For the oserian tavern one, consider the situation presented to you better, keeping the full extent of powergaming in mind, and rewrite your response.
3.b For the northern camp one, if you've been disallowed something by a hostile(or hostile-ish party), it's probably not a good to test their limits by looping around their warnings by sneaking, etc. It's a quick way to get your character killed. Think of it this way: don't do something you wouldn't do in real life. Despite being a character on a server, he should act like a human being and hold his life to more value.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application! If you need help with it, message me(Ekk) on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.