USA
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):GhostyPlayzYT

-

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):
9d8f0959-8fb8-4f32-b74e-14c4864f1f34
-

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

-

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?
Yes
-

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
I was looking up servers for roleplaying and found this server!
-

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

I've played on many roleplay servers,As well as outside of minecraft.Especially in my elderscrolls games where i get really into the role-playing of my character
-

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?
I define roleplay as putting all of you into the said roleplay your doing,Not half doing,not 25% but ALL of you.Not acting your character but becoming who you say you are.
-

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:
-In my own words,I would simply put it as,Stupid and overrated.It takes out the story your trying to tell.Trying to be too overpowered is basically what i describe it as. To add onto it,Powergaming to me is when You get attacked by something,that could certainly kill off your character.but you shrug it off,Like this *I slowly Pull the arrow from my heart,Grinning as i know it has no effect on me* or "I'm an immortal Being,i cant be killed,I cant get hurt"

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
Megagaming is like this.Your character has information that he should not know.even if the player himself knows it,his character shouldnt,unless his character has been told said knowledge.
-

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
It's when a character is too perfect.that its just insane.
-

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
Out Of Character,it basically means when you talk out of character at a time when you shouldn't,It should be used outside of roleplay.On either discord or private DMS,Or maybe when someone asks info about the server the said roleplay is on.
-
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.
Skin.png
-

Name:Dryden Oakenwatch

-

-

Culture:
Oserian
-

Can your character read and write?:
Yes

-

Story & Biography
-Dryden Oakenwatch was a small frail boy when he was younger,Being bullied for anything he did,,Mostly for him having no parents and living on the streets.Having to move place to place just to be kicked out again for being too filthy,, too young, or just too frail. No one seemed to want him.He felt useless and alone. He vow'd then to never get hurt again,,He vow'd he's be stronger,better, and smarter,and from then on he trained himself to fight,with sticks he found on the ground,homemade weapons and bows.
As a child Dryden was left on the street near an old church by his parents.With only a note saying "I'm sorry we had to do this to you,we cant give you the life you deserve,We cant take care of such a frail child,who would die by next years winter.If you live old enough to read this,I'm sorry"
As a boy he would ask the leader of this small church every day if his parents would ever return,but they never did,out of anger he left the church,Blaming the saint for his parents leaving him.for him being small,for everything..
as a young boy,around the age of thirteen He lived in the woods,caring for the trees,animals,and every creature in the woos near the town.And anyone that would come near these woods and try to hurt these tall strong trees,or these frail animals who have done nothing,would get hurt,He has very little patient to people who hurt the woods,The animals are his only family,and they care for him like he does for them,bringing him berries and other wild delicacies.He would sleep in a large oak tree at night,and in the morning would Train himself to be stronger,bigger and a better person.
One day while training in the woods he stumbled upon a young woman,Around his age.They talked for awhile and she asked him what he was doing and why.He began to explain that as a child he was hurt,lost and confused.she had asked him to train her. to teach her to listen to the animals,to learn to fight and protect these animals that she seemed to care for as much as he does.,He agreed but was weary of her at first They trained every day.Teaching her how to speak to the animals,but not with words,but with heart,soon she could tell what a deer wanted just by the look in their eyes.Their friendship grew,they lived just two tree's apart from each other in these old woods.They would talk every day,time almost flew by while they were together.the days turning to weeks,weeks to months,and months to years. Their fondness for each other grew into love,.Untill One day they were headed to the spot where they always meet to train.They stumbled upon a group of bandits who were looking for some easy gold,the bandits to their surprise were very skilled for such a low life as their were,One bandit was able to grab the girl,and the others knocked out Dryden and tied him to a tree nearby,He awoke to screams and crys,realizing these bandits were having their way with her he struggled to get free,but to no avail he wasn't able to escape,forced to watch them hurt her,After awhile the crying stopped,They killed her! he cried out in a fit of anger.They made their escape.He finally broke free a little while later,walking over to the young woman's body,only to break down on his knees and cry,the one person he ever cared for was killed and he wasn't strong enough to stop them,A little while later animals from all areas of the wood came,carrying flowers and pushing rocks,He began to dig a grave and buried her,And he vow'd he would find the bandits,and kill them.
Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions

Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...
-I run over to the woman bleeding,and use some scrap material from my clothes to tie up the wound and stop the bleeding,after that i would then take her to the local doctor.I would then find the local guards and lead them to the site

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?
-Most likely i would talk with the other refugees and try to help them as much as i can.i would then try to help them live comfortably by gathering materials from the woods to make better homing and beds for those who don't have any.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...
-I would happily oblige and buy the food,Firstly to help her out and secondly to try and feed myself for the night.I would end up paying her extra as i would feel bad for her.and would want her to buy something for herself.

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

I can see you really want to join the server, but in order to join, you will need to put more into this application.
Your question answers had solid answers that show you know interactions between multiple players.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your power gaming definition is a little lacking. Give me more detail in the context of roleplay.

2. Your OOC definition could use some more clarification. Research it further.

3. Your bio could use some clarity. You don't mention why you have no parents, just that there was none. You skip past how such a small child would've been able to survive. How is he the pupil of a woman his age? How did he eat and live in the woods? How did bandits even find them? Not all these questions need answers. I can tell you put effort into the bio, but I feel like I don't really know how this character lives, and some of these questions might help answer that.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Do be sure to remember that this is a serious medieval roleplay server, we expect you to RP within the accepted canon lore. This means that your character must be able to survive in a believable and realistic manner.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.