DENIED Application

Answerable

Aug 5, 2019
Texas
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - adylanwood

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - fb3b453c-e6b5-4fff-9035-1fc067c002ae

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 18

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Vastapallo on Reddit

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - yes

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - NA

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - putting yourself into a character that isn't you.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Using multiple accounts to work towards the same goal.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Making someone while out of character do something while in character.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A perfect female character.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - 2019-08-05_13.12.57.png

Name:

Answer - Eraik

Answer - 44

Culture:

Answer - Korsians

Story & Biography:

Answer - A war veteran turned merchant. Came to Esna to escape the war-torn country of his homeland.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Call for help and start performing first aid on the victim. The victim's possessions are not as important as her life, and it would be too risky to attempt to incapacitate the mugger. Although I am trained in combat, the woman's life is more important and the people that I called for help for can gather law enforcement.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: Get to know the culture of the town and its customs. Make friends with some shop keeps as they may prove to be useful friends in the future. I stay low as I don't want to make any enemies with the city guards. Maybe set up my own stall and try to make some extra money.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: Offer to work and pay in exchange for a nights sleep in the village. If I am going to die in the tundra anyway, there's no point in not trying to receive help. If allowed in I could even make some acquaintances out of some of the villagers, which could come in handy later on if I am in trouble again.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Your application has been denied.
While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.
The reasons for the denial are as follows:
1. Your powergaming and metagaming definitions are very narrow. While technically not incorrect, there's more to them and you should research & then provide more sufficient answers.
2. 44 is a high age to start out with! While I can't disallow it, acknowledge that it won't leave that long of a path for your character.
3. Your backstory is a sentence long. Try to expand to at least a couple paragraphs.
4. Your open ended questions suggest a proficiency in combat. We generally wish for characters to start unskilled and gain their experience while on the server. Plus, your character's backstory doesn't mention the how's and what's of the expertise.
5. The open ended questions make the character seem very structured about every option and choice, almost like a robot. Research powergaming more and think of a way to alter the responses, especially #1.
Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!