Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2020
NJ, USA
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s): CyXx

-

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here): 107b4f75-91d6-452a-906f-4d6632565f4e

-

What is your age? 18
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

-

Have you read the server rules? (Found here) Yes

-

Do you agree with the server rules? Yes

-

How did you hear about Tale of Banners? I heard about it from multiple friends, trueparanormal and justmad and it sounded really interesting and exciting!

-

Do you have any previous roleplay experience? Yes, mostly trueparanormal’s roleplays. I honestly enjoy roleplaying a lot. It’s so much fun to immerse yourself in a character. This, however, would be my first experience with a minecraft roleplay server.

(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-

Additional Information: (If any) I can be reached at Makayla4123@gmail.com or, on my discord @ heyitsmkay#6622

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying? Anything involving the creation of a character for a specific world, as well as the immersion of oneself into said character role for the enjoyment of acting out someone else and their actions.

-

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words: The act of not allowing one's character to feel the true effects of an injury or situation. It’s also when a character is flawless, and in a way invincible.

-

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words: when your character has knowledge of something they shouldn’t. Such as a character that lives in a pilgrim type time period knowing about american revolution before it even happens in game.

-

What is a "Mary-Sue" character? A seemingly perfect character. So perfect in fact that their existence is unrealistic. This usually occurs when the author or creator is using their characters as a form of wish-fulfillment
-

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
It means “Out of character” and should only be used when you are talking out of character or permitted to talk out of character in a specific area or chat.

-
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-

Name: Avarice Ward

-

-

Culture: Northern (born in flintswood, however moved to midlands at a certain point)

-

Can your character read and write?: Yes, she can read and write.

-

Story & Biography:

Avarice ward, daughter of Adela and Coprieus Ward, was born and partially raised in Flintswood. Her mother towers at a whopping 6’1, and her father 6’5, however Avarice did not completely inherit her parents giant height, as she only towers at 5’8. Not necessarily short, but also not as tall as her other flintswood counterparts. Avarice is a woman, and because of this, her father taught her how to read and write, knowing that she would have more opportunities if she was educated. She was a timid girl, and her father acknowledged that part of her, however he knew that the world was not as accepting, and that if she continued in her timid nature she would not survive. He began training her, at first using the stereotypical Northern weapons, but soon learned that her shyness prevented her from combating in a straight forward nature, so at the age of 8 he began teaching her archery, and strategy, explaining that “war and combat isn’t always about who is strongest and fastest, but who is smartest with the cards they are dealt.” Avarice took a quick liking to the bow, and began training diligently with it. Her parents were very loving, and strong minded individuals, yet they were also realists, and often told Avarice the harsh reality of the world outside of flintswood. Her mother, Adela, wasn’t your typical northern flintswood woman, since she wasn’t as physically capable as Avarice or Coprieus, however her strong mind, good nature, and outstanding looks often attracted people to her. Coprieus was a brooding yet warm man. He cared deeply for his loved ones, but the sometimes harsh environment and ways of the northern people prevented him from truly expressing that side of himself. He took care of his wife and daughter, providing, and protecting them, whilst also teaching Avarice how to protect herself. Other than the training and the harsh environment, Avarice lived a moderately tamed life however, that didn’t last forever. At the age of 10 Coprieus decided it was time for Avarice to experience the art of hunting. The harsh winter was close, and knowing they needed supplies, Coprieus took Avarice to the edge of the Midland forests. They set up camp, and were supposed to remain there for the next week. For three days Avarice and Coprieus gathered supplies, and hunted, all whilst Avarice continued honing her strategic and archery skills. Then came the fourth day. All was going well and the two individuals were continuing their routine, but the weather did not care about their endeavors, and a sudden blizzard appeared in the midst of their gathering. It wasn’t far off from where they were in the middle of the open snow field, however their camp was but a few brushes away. They could have made it, and almost did. They ran as fast as they could to get to their camp, but Avarice, being new to the surrounding forest, did not think to pay close attention, and ultimately tripped, falling head first into a large tree. She was knocked unconscious, and lacking strength from the impact was unable to call out to her father who was running ahead. She laid unconscious in the midland forest, slowly dying from the cold and being covered in snow. But right when she was about to perish she was found by a group of midland men passing through trying to get out from the blizzard. They were puzzled by her attire, and confused by her presence, however realizing that she was but a little girl, they picked her up and took her back to their homes, unwilling to let a child perish in the blizzard before them. Coprieus on the other hand had never realized Avarice wasn’t behind him until he had returned to camp. He became panicked, calling out her name, and running head first into the blizzard. He may have been to the midlands before and knew more about the area than Avarice, however he was not a native of the land, which ultimately became his down fall. As her searched for his lost daughter he became lost in the storm. He couldn’t see two feet in front of him, and as he ventured through the rough snow in a frenzy he was unknowingly growing colder and colder, slower and slower, until finally he moved no longer. He perished in the blizzard, never knowing what had happened to his daughter. And Avarice, now being nursed back to health in the midland community never learned of her father's death. She waited days, upon days, days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months. She, in her mind, was abandoned by the two people she had loved most in the world. She was heartbroken. One of the men from the group who found her ended up taking her in. He was a stone-cold, stern man, who didn’t give her the same love and affection her family did. The moment her took her in he stated, “You are a girl who was abandoned by her family. You no longer have the luxury of being weak, you must become strong if you are to survive. Crying, whining, and emotions as such are for the weak. If you are to survive then you must conceal the part of you that others deem as lesser, and only show it to those worth calling your family. No one besides you knows how deep your emotions run, and that's how it should always be kept.” So, from then on, until she was 15, he taught her how to conceal herself physically, verbally, and emotionally, grilling her on the ways of the midlanders. He raised her up into the cold, expressionless person she is today. She wasn’t one for religion, but her educated her on it until she was numb from the information. She honed her archery skills, and took up the battle axe at the request of her new guardian. Her once timid nature disappeared, and although she is still a caring and loving individual, she is unable to show that part of herself openly in public, or in front of others she doesn’t trust. On her 15th birthday her guardian relinquished guardianship over her, kicking her out of his home. He stated, “you are now an adult. It’s time for you to make your place in the world. You have only one objective: Survive.” And Avarice, now 18, has never forgotten those words.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

I have a dilemma, as one part of me wants to race after the criminal, however there is an injured woman in front of me. Realizing that the bleeding women would not survive if I went after the man, I ultimately decided to help her first. I quickly race over to the injured woman, pulling out some bandages from my satchel. I try to stop the bleeding as best as I can, or worse case try to slow it down, as I wrap her up. “Ma’am I need you to hold this spot right here, okay.” I would most likely be unsure of where to take the woman, and in the end decide to take the woman to the tavern, and asking for help from some of the locals. I’d grab her arm, and wrap it around my shoulder, standing up, and start moving towards the tavern I was just in, supporting her. I open the doors, calling for help from some of the northernmen with the woman, all whilst explaining what happened, and what the man who ran looked like.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Agitated and Stressed. I would be stressed out, knowing that with the amount of refugees there already I wouldn’t get into the city anytime soon, and unwilling to stay in the camp for an uncertain amount of time, I would try to look for another way in. I would look around the camp, while surveying any openings that would allow me to get into the city. Ultimately, I would decide to make use of my bow and arrow. I would find a part of the wall that is a blind spot from the camp and main gate guards and quite possibly low surveillanced. I would then shoot an arrow with a rope attached to it and shoot it in a way that it gets caught so that I can use the rope and climb into the city. I would contemplate bringing some refugees with me however, knowing that it would be too risky and wanting to get inside the city with as little risk as possible I wouldn’t attempt it.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

The fact that she stated that it is “unpleasant to outsiders” would concern me, and I would coldy decline her offer. I may ask any available or open shop keeper if they have any food or water. If I am unable to find food, I wouldn’t bother eating for the night. If this takes place over a few days or weeks I would travel a bit out of my way to hunt for some food myself. Any leftovers I may give to people I see that need it, but If I don’t actively see someone in need of my help I will keep it for myself.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

I quickly go in for the kill seeing that he has noticed me, however noticing that they are accepting death and in the midst of despair, a part of me would find killing him wrong and I would ultimately stop midway. He is defenseless and isn’t fighting back, and as the Northern traditions state, it would be more disgraceful for me to kill someone who has given up or can’t fight then if I didn’t fight at all. However soldiers are advancing and I know that I cannot stay there and wasting anymore time on him would be reckless, thus I would race back to my other allies, or if that isn’t an option run/ hide.
-

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

It’s a northern village, I already know what I have to do. I can’t simply just waltz in there and be friendly as if they are my family. I need to gain their trust and prove that I am capable of providing something to them. I wouldn’t openly chat with anyone unless necessary or unless I need something. I’d keep my head down, maintaining my emotionless and cold persona. All I need to do is survive the storm. I do what I need to do for the time being and once I can leave, I leave. No need to dwell on it.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

Lots of writing, good stuff.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.