ACCEPTED axeman51's Application

axeman51

Aug 5, 2018
United States of America
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - axeman51

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 2a496c25-6e60-4b8b-ac22-e6e629ca4a42

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 18

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Random search online

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Yes on several other roleplay servers and some D&D experience outside of the internet.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Nope

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Roleplaying is putting yourself in the role of another person you have created and acting as if you were them.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Forcing an action onto another player without allowing them to properly defend them self.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Using OOC information in game to your advantage. I.E: Your character randomly stumbles upon a treasure chest that you were told about over discord in an OOC conversation and your character would have no reason to be there otherwise.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A person with no flaws and are deemed 100% perfect.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

download.png

Name:

Answer - Jacob Havenstone

Answer - 22

Culture:

Answer - Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer - Born to a small farming family on the outskirts of Dunsgate, Jacob lived a very humble life. He awoke every morning and assisted his father and mother around the house and in the fields. This taught him about the values of hard work and the profits that came with it. While his family wasn't very poor they weren't rich either. This was due mostly to his father's special brewing recipe for ale which he traveled around other farms and even into the city to sell his alcohol. Jacob began to develop a drinking problem around the time he was around twenty. This was caused by the death of a woman who he was engaged to when she was trampled by a herd of astray cattle. One night when Jacob returned from the fields where he would go to drink, he returned to find their straw and wooden home ablaze and nobody around to see. Rushing towards the building he tripped and fell knocking himself out for the night. Upon awakening the next day he realized the horrors of what had happened. His loving mother and father were asleep when their fire that kept that warm at night caught their straw roofing ablaze which then caused the roofing supports to crash down and trap his family which lead to their deaths. Jacob was left with a decision, stay and try to rebuild their farm or sell their land to a neighboring farmer in order to try make something of his life. Choosing the latter he began to walk towards Dunsgate in hopes of making something of his miserable drunk life.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Looking back and forth between the woman and the robber I'd give short shrug and begin to walk away as it was her bad decision of being alone at night in an alleyway with no means of defending herself. On my way back to the inn I am staying at I would continue to drink and sing a merry tune to myself. Laying in bed I'd begin to become slightly angry with myself as I should've at least tried to help the woman or at least tried to stop the thief. Upon waking up the next morning I would have no remembrance of the occurrences of the night before due to my heavy drinking.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: Mumbling a few curses at the guard who denied me entry into the city I'd slowly make my way into the camp with a satchel filled with full bottles of ale. I'd begin to attempt to haggle with the other merchants in the camp and in my drunken state I would most likely have been taken advantage of and have made very little money compared to what I could've made. After taking a short nap, I am awoken by guards who are allowing entry back into the city. Once inside I'd begin to haggle before I realize that I no longer have any booze left to sell getting very angry at myself and heading towards the tavern in order to drink away the profits.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: After looking at the crone for a few moments I'd hand over the little money she asked and begin to eat. Shortly after consuming the food I make my over to a stump nearby and begin to empty my guts as the food left me with a very serious stomach ache. I'd spend the next few hours emptying both my gut and bowels near my stump. Awakening the next morning I'm left feeling more hungry than I was before due to my period of illness the night before and make my way to try and find food I am more familiar with and go on my way.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.