Bestiary: Korsian Cattus (Domestic Cats) | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

Bestiary: Korsian Cattus (Domestic Cats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vastapallo

Lore Team
Staff member
Lore Team
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
Bestiary: Korsian Cattus (Domestic Cats)
An Early Oserian writing on the arrival of Domestic Feline creatures
Writer Unknown...

1599493975814.png
Never been native to Esna, and never seen by the Oserian man, the Cattus come in many sizes and shapes. Somehow those foreign sailors from Korsia(?) managed to tame those small, keeping them both as entertainment and for hunting purposes. When talking to a Cattus-handler, he told me the word ‘Cattus’ was recently invented out of debate between Korsian and Oserian merchants. The word is inspired by the word ‘capturer’, because of the Cattus’ nature to hunt, capture and eat mice. Seems there is actually something good about those brown-skinned strangers.

The Cattus’ handler gave me a worn parchment, with the following pictures and a (yet readable) description:

“He is a full lecherous beast in youth, swift, pliant, and merry, and leaps and rests on everything that is to fore him: and is led by a straw, and plays therewith. And is a right heavy beast in age and full sleepy, and lied slyly in wait for mice: and is aware where they be more by smell than by sight, and hunts and rests on them in privy places.
When he takes a mouse, he plays therewith, and eats him after the play. In time of love is hard fighting for wives, and one scratch and rends the other grievously with biting and with claws. And he makes a ruthful noise and ghastful, when one proffered to fight with another. and unneth is hurt when he is thrown down off an high place. And when he had a fair skin, he is as it were proud thereof, and goes fast about: and when his skin is burnt, then he bides at home; and is oft for his fair skin taken of the skinner, and slain and flayed.”

1599494215166.png

I guess there is a lot of mystery to be found out about them Korsians. For now, the only benefit in these Cattuses, let’s shorten it to Cats, is that they will wipe out entire plagues of mice, rats and other rodents around Oseria, and maybe whole of Esna in general. Despite that, I still prefer wolves and lowly dogs than to these skin-crawling, hissing mice eaters. The reason is because there is one fact that tells dogs from cats, and that's their predictability. By the One, I have never seen such unpredictable creatures as Cats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.