earth ;)
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

datlablu <3

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

7310cc00-5bd6-4d05-b175-d15351167084

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

14 ! Though, I'm turning 15 in exactly 34 days.

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

Yes!

Do you agree with the server rules?

I do! They're quite fair compared to other servers I've been on. I don't have any complaints.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

I searched for a new server to roleplay on! I got a bit bored with my previous ones.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

I do, though, I'm not the best roleplayer. I can write short stories that are mediocre if I take my time, though I usually don't when I'm actually roleplaying. I don't want the person to be waiting for too long and my brain doesn't tend to work on the spot. That being said, a normal example I give during applications will be far from how I actually roleplay.

One of my "normal" examples:
Sand. The feeling of warm sand beneath her feet would give her a sense of comfort. Her heels would lift as she stood on the balls of her feet, her arms reaching outwards as she basked in the sun. The light would shine upon her face as her eyes shut, the wind allowing her hair to flow as it ripped through her clothes. She had brown skin that glowed in the light the sun projected onto her. Her curls would be gentle, long. The dress she wore reached her ankles, it had ruffles at the bottom. White in color, pure. The water nearly touching her toes, splashing against the shore. It was quiet and peaceful... Aside from the few birds that rested upon the beach, though, they added to the scenery, the calm.

Compared to how I actually roleplay on a day-to-day basis:
"Hello!" They'd wave from a small distance, offering a toothy smile as they neared the familiar face. "Long time, no see! How've you been holding up?"

Additional Information: (If any)

N/A! <3

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

Well, I suppose I define roleplaying as many things. I can't define one specific thing as roleplaying, though, what I consider roleplaying to be is a story. Where you have the power to forge a memorable tale. Many things can be intertwined in this so-called story. Apologies if I'm going on the wrong path with answering this question, I happen to over-think a lot, so I'm not too sure where I should be going. Furthermore, defining roleplay can be a bit difficult, especially explaining it to someone who doesn't. Though, seeing I've already typed a lot, the way I'd define roleplaying to someone who's never heard of it before, I'd explain it like this; Roleplaying is almost like an interactive book. Instead of simply reading the story and not being able to control it, just waiting for the next word and the next scenario, you create that scenario. Though, it's not always as easy, and simple as that. There are some things you can't control as it's not just your story, it's someone else's too. --- Ah! A simpler way to explain it. Instead of reading the book, you're in the book.

I didn't answer the question at all, did I? Right! Unsure if I should restart or not, as that could be the actual answer you want. Though, carrying on. I define crafting a story as roleplaying. I think that's the simplest answer I can give.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

Right, powergaming. Each time I describe powergaming, my explanation is often misunderstood, though, I will attempt it and give an example at the end in case my explanation is, as said before, misunderstood. Powergaming is taking a situation and fully controlling it, not allowing the other player to have any room or opportunity to do what they wish. And in most cases, that's escaping. The most common form of powergaming takes place in combat or combat-like situations. For example, John Doe has tied up Jane Doe, though, it's not just as simple as that. John Doe has tied Jane doe up in chains! In a very complex way, which she has no possible way to escape. He also muffled her! Though, she's unable to remove whatever's keeping her muffled. She can't use her tongue to aid the object out of her mouth as John Doe has done everything to prevent that, took every precaution. Jane Doe can do absolutely nothing to help her escape the situation. She can't move, speak.. She can only breathe.

Now, in an event, someone has extremely good roleplaying skills where they've emoted everything, possibly. Though, in real life, there is always a chance. There's always an opportunity window. Here, John Doe has left none.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

Metagaming is taking out of character knowledge, and bringing it in character. For example, Sarah confided in you that the empress was pregnant with Klaus's child. Klaus happens not to be her husband, the emperor. Though, your character doesn't know this. Only you do! Yet, your character goes up to the emperor and tells him the empress had an affair with Klaus, not actually knowing this information in character, only out of character.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Ugh. A Mary-Sue is someone who's like "everyone loves me, everyone thinks I'm great. you can't dislike me, I'm the best person ever. I'm so attractive and you can't find me not attractive, it's impossible. I'm amazing, you can't disagree."

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

OOC means out of character! It should be used when you are OOC (Out of Character).

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

099869a501bdd3d0d028b206e5b7d2de.png

Name:

Eden

Culture:

Nothern Flintsfolk

Can your character read and write?:

Yes!

Story & Biography

"Eden was born... No, no, that's a rather boring start to my story." She'd shake her head, moving on. "I was born in Flinswood. It's a rather scenic area. Though, it gets boring living there the entirety of your life." Pausing a moment, she would bite the inside of her cheek. "Perhaps before I begin speaking on my adventures, we should discuss the topic of my family. That's like a backstory to my backstory. After all, they are the ones who made me." - "My parents were kind, loving, at least when I was younger. They're very happy people, accepting of most things. I also have two siblings. One older, the other a bit younger than me. He should be around 16, I believe. My older brother, twentyyyy-fiveeee? Twenty-six maybe? I don't see them much, though, they were both still living there when I left." - "Onto my 'story,'" The woman would use finger quotes, "Being born, blahblahblah, my childhood was awfully dull. Doing what had to be done, chores, and whatnot." She'd shrug gently, moving on. "Let's skip to adolescence. Around 15, 16, 17 perhaps? As people do, I was discovering myself." She'd roll her eyes, groaning as she leaned onto the table. "I had met this girl- She was sweet, smelled so even. Her touch was soft, gentle." She'd talk slowly, her eyes shutting a little as she spoke. "We began to hang out more and more every day. I got to know her, and, boy, did we have a lot in common. She was nearly perfect. --And I don't say that because nobody's perfect... I say that because she nearly was. She was nearly everything a girl could wish for." A weak smile crossed her face, her eyes opening as she let out a small chuckle, lightening her tone to a more cheerful one. "So, I fell for her. Though, I'd assume you could've already seen that coming. That being said, I told my parents before I told her. They were my best friends before she came along, I thought they had a right to know. It was foolish of me. They turned me away. Scolded me. Disowned me. They were expecting me to marry some big strong man who held the same morals as they did, one who could give them grandkids." She shook her head. "I couldn't live up to be the daughter they wanted me to be, so I left. They wanted me to leave, they probably wanted me dead. I killed their idea of the future they had planned for me. Family means nothing to me anymore. They're just people who you wound up sharing blood with. You never really know them, you just think you do. You never really talk.. There's just this hallow relationship that was bounded by nothing but mere presence." The woman would chuckle lightly, a smirk resting on her face as she spoke. "After they kicked me out I headed to her house. She, of course, took me in- and I hadn't explained the situation to her or her kin, partially due to the fact I was afraid their reaction would be similar to theirs. Of course, when I finally told her, she accepted me. Of course, she did. Though, she didn't reciprocate those feelings. She adored me, admired me... She just never had the same feelings I had. Maybe she led me on or I just got ahead of myself, but either way, I was embarrassed, ashamed. I thanked her for her hospitality and left. She of course made sure I had food and she gave me the money her family and she could spare." Her eyes would sparkle as she spoke, the look of sadness and pleasure resting on her face. "From there, I made my own path, found my own way. No family, no friends, only memories." She'd smile gently. "And here I am." She'd gesture to the tavern she was seated in. "Telling you my story."

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Her eyes would shoot to the thief, hesitating a moment before deciding hesitating wasn't an option. It was her or her pearls. Eden would quickly make her way back inside the tavern, bolting towards the barkeep, sobering up a tad due to the dire situation. "I will explain and pay later, I promise!" She spoke quickly as her hand reached over the counter as she went to grab the nearest bottle of alcohol. Then going to make her way outside, quickly so she didn't keep the lady outside waiting or get stopped by those who were inside. Turning into the alleyway she'd kneel, taking off her scarf as speaking to the lady as she helped her lie down. "Easy, easy. Stay awake for me. You're going to be alright, I'm here, you're going to be okay." She'd gently lift the woman's shirt up to reveal the wound. Uncorking the bottle, pouring some onto her scarf as she gently cleaned the area. From there, she would gently and slowly pour the alcohol onto the woman's wound. Responding to the woman's slight wincing, she spoke reassuringly. "You're safe, I'm going to help you get better. You're going to make it. You're okay, you're going to be okay. I just need you to stay awake for me. We'll get you inside soon." She'd take the scarf, wringing it out some before wrapping it around the woman's waist, then going to hoist the woman up. One hand would be on the woman's wound, keeping pressure, the other would hold onto the woman's body as she led them both back to the tavern where she could be better attended to...

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

She had somewhere to be and things to do. A woman who takes initiative she is!, She'd walk around the camp, boasting about her wares and fair prices! "Come one, come all! The more, the many, I have plenty! One for you and you." She'd hand two small trinkets to two sad-looking people.. though, the camp was filled with them! Better for her marketing anyway ;) "Cheap and affordable! I need to make a living and you could find these handy in your day-to-day lives! Come and take a look, a gander! I promise you won't regret it!"

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Heed her advice. She's far wiser than I could ever be. "I suppose I'll pass then, thank you, M'lady." She'd bow her head respectfully to the old woman as I headed back to my settlement for the night. Perhaps going hungry for the night is a bad idea, you need your energy, but it's better than being dead. My stomach grumbles, and maybe it doesn't agree with me or my choice, but I'll be able to deal with it for the night.. Hopefully, I can find some food tomorrow.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldier's pocket. They continue to cry and start calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

"Get up. Now is not the time to cry. I understand your pain, your hurt. But, you must fight. For them. Fight for them. Do not allow them to die on this battlefield in vain, Soldier. You get up and you try for them. Wipe your tears and fight until you have no choice, BUT to die. That's what they were here and it's all for nothing if you get killed crying over their dead body." Giving the Soldier a firm nod, turning the opposite direction to give the stranger a fighting chance as she went to continue her own battle.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what has felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few meters ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection, you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Being a northerner herself, she knew her fears weren't from the majority of the residents, but from her past. What she left. She continues her journey onwards, into the city knowing it's better to be here and maybe have to face her past rather than out there in the storm. Perhaps, both are as equally frightening, but the storm is one thing that isn't up to chance. It's happening, and she'd be dead if she stayed in it.

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved for a trial.

I am accepting this application on trial due to your age. Your role-play seems to be of a good enough quality for us to give you a chance, and your birthday is coming up soon.

You will now be whitelisted on the server. You may have this taken if you fail to follow guidelines.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.