ACCEPTED BrainlessPug's Whitelist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2016
UK, England
OOC Information:
Please try your best to use proper grammar and correct spelling mistakes. This is a roleplay server and if accepted, writing will be your main form of communication while online.
MC Username- BrainlessPug (I could change it if needed).

How old are you?-14

What is your favorite color?- Dark Burgundy.

Have you read and agreed to the rules?- Yes. I have read and agreed.

Have you REALLY read the rules? If so which one do you most agree with?- Yes I REALLY have. The ones I most agree with are #3 and #4 - Bullying/Harassment/Racism. They are very serious topics.

Are there any changes you would make to any the rules?(if so why?)- No. I don't have any problems on the rules. If I do I'll let you know.

How did you find Tale of Banners?- I was looking on Planet Minecraft for 'Roleplaying Servers'

Do you have any experience with other roleplay servers if so which server(s) and for how long?-
Yes! I have had a lot of experience (Nearly 12 months). I feel as if I'm quite good at roleplaying.
Definitions:
If you don’t know any of the definitions feel free to look them up just make sure you understand them and write them in your own words.

What is Roleplaying?- Acting/Playing as a certain character. Taking on their personality etc.
e.g. This server.

What is Metagaming?- Metagaming is where you find information out of the game as an advantage. e.g. Deciding on a character's course of action based on how the game's mechanics will affect the outcome.

What is Powergaming?- Powergaming is where you force an action on someone. e.g.
Player1: *shoots player2 with arrows*
Player2: *Soon recovers and stabs Player1 is chest*

What is OOC, IC, and IRL?- OOC = Out of Character, IC = In Character, IRL = In Real Life.
IC Information:
Here is where you actually describe and create your own character. Be realistic! Follow the lore, and make sure your character makes sense and is someone you want to play as.

Characters Name- Talia Sole

Characters Age- 25

Characters Race- Drahl - Drach (Crookmire Swampland)

Characters Sex (Male or female)-
Female

Characters Biography (This is where you can get creative. Write down your characters story from birth to present time. Use lore and follow the server timeline, and events. Must be a minimum of 2 paragraphs long)

Birth Year: 1122

Growing up as a Drahl is hard. For Talia, even harder. Her parents died soon after Talia's birth because of natural diseases. She was passed to various families because, well... no-one really wanted her. She was a temperamental child, usually resulting in being neglected. She learned to fight for herself at the age of 9. Sometimes spending hours on end punching walls and kicking trees.

As she grew up, she decided her passion was fighting. She taught herself many defence moves. She did this by practising with friends or really, whatever she could find. If you don't already know, the Drahl have lived in fear of black market traders for a long time. Only now have they put it behind them.

She fell in love at age 22 but he was killed by The Oserians just after their 1 year anniversary. She built a wall, vowing to never love someone that much again. This made her be very 'to herself'.

Talia, now, some would say she is selfish and rude but she is the opposite of that. She just built up a wall so high that only the very lucky could climb over it. She actually is a really smart individual who cares about people and likes to be independent but could kick butt if she wanted too.

Talia grew up with all the drama, but that story wasn't what she wanted. She wants a real story to tell, a true adventure. Nobody really cared for her as a child and now, she wants to prove to herself. She didn't want to be looked down on and felt sorry for from what her life was. She wanted to be looked upon as 'brave'.

Don't get me wrong, she loves her life. She has a small amount of friends and a little shop (store) she runs alone, but she would just like that little bit more.

Character Traits & Ambitions- A lone wolf, fighter, rude. Her ambition is to have a story to tell; Purpose.

Characters Strengths and Weaknesses- Her strengths include her fighting skills and smarts. Her weaknesses include her being unable to open up to people, be a team player, hot-tempered and the list could go on. All her weaknesses, mostly, are from that one horrible experience in her life (I think you know which one).

Characters appearance (Be descriptive)-
Pale skin, black hair, black eyes, short. She has a flower that was given to her by her late lover. She has kept it all these years and plans to have it until it wears away.

Please provide an in game screenshot of your characters skin here…..

Role-Playing Scenarios:
These scenarios will be used in order to test your role-playing abilities. Please answer any 3 of the 4 scenarios listed, and remember to complete these scenarios in as much detail as possible.
[1]

Your character finds themselves in the middle of an arena with nothing more than a robe on their back. As you character looks around there is what appears to be a spear on the ground approximately 15 meters ahead of them. They’re not the only person in this arena however, with several others scattered around the arena. Each member in that arena is trying to get that spear. How does you character survive this ordeal?

Talia gazes upon the people around her. Locking her eyes on the spear. Watching for the people who go for it. Only seconds pass before she sets off the other way, keeping an eye out if someone would follow. If someone would be stupid enough to try and follow her, she would turn around and ready her fists. She is always ready to punch someone in the gut if needed. Once they were out cold, she would whisper one thing into their ear before walking off, "Balah." Then she would get ready for the next person.

[2]

Returning from the tavern after a long night of drinking, your character passes through the streets and alleyways on the short return home. However, on the way you hear a woman in distress coming from around the corner. The woman is being robbed and is clearly distraught. What does your character do next?

(Is the woman a drahl? If so, then continue)

Talia rubs her eyes in order to get a better focus on what was going on. After realising what was happening she would yell, "Balah" as she said that, she would run as fast as she could towards the thief hopefully knocking them down but since she is drunk , knocking her down as well. Letting the woman run back home with her things. Talia soon getting up and running away because she 'Don't want none of dat'.

[3]

On the road going passing from Oseria to Crosia, your character gets lost and ends up at Crookmire Swamp. Although lost, your character decides to stay the night in Crookmire and continue their travels in the morning. After a few hours your character begins to get hungry and heads to a local street vendor. The vendor offers you some baked goods, however warns of out of body experiences if they are to eat this food. What does your character do next, and how do they react to this situation?

[4]

In the midst of battle, your character finds themselves next a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly upset as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see your character with sword in hand, but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. What does your character do next?

Talia would raise her sword and say "Have fun spending your days not in Vahlas". Not showing any mercy, she would strike the enemy attempting to behead him. Once he is dead, she would hold up his head while she spits on him. Then walking away to continue on the battle.

Any extra information you would like to add on your application? [Optional]:

That is all. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

NTE_Killer4life

Dec 17, 2015
USA
Hello, I am NTE_Killer4life and I shall be reviewing your application this evening!

It has been put on Pending.

• Each definition needs to be followed up with an example to show your understanding of it.
  • The character bio needs to include dates from the timeline in the lore.
  • The character needs to be expanded upon, such as, how did the families raise her when she was passed between them? Why did they not want her? How did she self teach herself fighting techniques? If she did, I would imagine that a 9 year old wouldn't have done much fighting to acquire many skills from it. The character bio could be more descriptive to, think of it as painting a mental image but with words.
  • The ambition is alright, but why does she want it so badly?
  • There needs to be more character flaws to even out the positive traits. Also, reasons why would be nice too.
  • The role-playing scenarios 1 and 2 need to be expanded upon with more description included into it. Think of it as a third person narration of what the character is exactly doing.
I know there is a bit much to fix, but that doesn't mean you are unable to do it. Just refer to the bullet points and fix it as best you can, I know you can do it! :D

Please make the changes as stated above by 48 hours past the time I reviewed it. PM me or comment below once you have made the changes and I will take another look!

Failure to make the changes in 48 hours will result in automatic denial of this application and you will have to reapply in 24 hours past the time it was denied. Thank you!

Mar 19, 2016
UK, England
Hello, I am NTE_Killer4life and I shall be reviewing your application this evening!

It has been put on Pending.

• Each definition needs to be followed up with an example to show your understanding of it.
  • The character bio needs to include dates from the timeline in the lore.
  • The character needs to be expanded upon, such as, how did the families raise her when she was passed between them? Why did they not want her? How did she self teach herself fighting techniques? If she did, I would imagine that a 9 year old wouldn't have done much fighting to acquire many skills from it. The character bio could be more descriptive to, think of it as painting a mental image but with words.
  • The ambition is alright, but why does she want it so badly?
  • There needs to be more character flaws to even out the positive traits. Also, reasons why would be nice too.
  • The role-playing scenarios 1 and 2 need to be expanded upon with more description included into it. Think of it as a third person narration of what the character is exactly doing.
I know there is a bit much to fix, but that doesn't mean you are unable to do it. Just refer to the bullet points and fix it as best you can, I know you can do it! :D

Please make the changes as stated above by 48 hours past the time I reviewed it. PM me or comment below once you have made the changes and I will take another look!

Failure to make the changes in 48 hours will result in automatic denial of this application and you will have to reapply in 24 hours past the time it was denied. Thank you!
Hi, I think I've corrected all mistakes. If not, feel free to criticize :)

Status
Not open for further replies.