Burghards Application

Burghard

May 4, 2019
Germany
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Burghard

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - a70b8f6f-7a2b-4481-89ae-798c24378412

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 18

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I´ve searched for a good Roleplay Server for quite a while, i found it after i Typed "Medival realistic Roleplay Minecraft Sever" in the Googel search bar.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Yes

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Nothing much, only that i hope that your server will fullfill my need for some good Roleplay.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - The answer lies in the word itself, Roleplaying - playing a role. I define it as empathizing into the role of a character, feeling his feelings, acting like he would act, becoming part of the character you are playing. Its a bit like improvisation theater, only in minecraft and only the written word as your voice.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Its when you force someone to do something in the roleplaying, without him having a chance to act against it. For example one writes: "Stabs *Characters Name* in the throath till he is dead." in this situation the other Person has no chance to defend himself, a better alternative would be. " Tries to stab him in the troath." so that the other person can defend himself, by for example running away, parrying the dagger etc.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - If you use information that you have gained outside the Roleplaying world inside the roleplaying world, even if your character could not possibly know it.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A character that can do anything, without any development that led him to learn these skills.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - (The Helmet Visor can be removed to make my Face visible) 2019-05-04_21.37.43.png

Name:

Answer - Burghard von Hanstein

Answer - 23

Culture:

Answer - Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer -
Once, many years ago, Burghards family was well known and the members where lords and ladys in rich dresses and coats, but one day, because of reasons his father never told his son, he fell in disgrace with the local lord, he was thrown out of his house with his wife and children. All he had left, all his possesions he sold to survive, only the familys sword, which had been in their possesion since houndreds of years and wich was named Gram he hold on to, even when his family was starving he would rather starve then sell the last remenant of his dignity he had left.

But one rainy day a Northman came and said he would buy the sword, as Burghards father said he would never sell it, the Nothern challenged him to a fight, whoever would win, would get all the possesions of the other. Burghards father accepted, once he was a well known fighter, veteran of a dozen wars and the win would give him and his family a new chance, but the years on the street had paid their price and he lost the fight, splitted in half by the northmans greataxe. The Northman had honor, and gave Burghard and his mother enough money so that they could afford a bed and something to eat, but since then Burghard learned to hate the Northern, he hates them with passion to this day, and the only thing he wants is to seek redemption for what his father did, and redeem his familys name.

Now, almost 20 years later his mother perished, and he is free to follow his own path to redeem his name, but after years on the street his sense for honor and duty has perished, and all he wants is to fullfill his goals, regardless of the ones in his way.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: run after the thief, my own little dagger in my hand, if i catch him and the woman is still alive, i might get some reward that i can use for my goals, if i catch him and the woman dies... even better, she wont need it anymore and i need the money that i´ll get for selling it.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: I watch out that no one steals any of my wares, i´ve grown up in places like this and i dont want to be here any second longer then i need to.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: eat it. My stomach is used to eating worse for shure, my time on the streets has steeled me.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: kill the poor soldier, his wounds are to deep and his death is certain, atleast i will kill him quick. After his screams have stopped i rob everything precious that i can find on him and retreat back into my line, he wont need it anymore, i certainly will.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: I do not trust these Nothern Scums, i would not care if they like me or not, but i´m weakend from the long walk. So at night i steal every piece of food i can carry out of their gardens and try to make my way into a more civilised area.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.
There are only a few things to change for a final decision.
Make the following edits to your application:
1. Your open-ended question responses must be a paragraph each.
2. Reconsider the way you approach the open-endeds as a character of not much skill and young age. Your current answers would get your character imprisoned or killed rather quickly on the server.
3. Further research powergaming and try to add to your definition. That should help you with the open-ended responses, too. :)
4. A different skin might be in order until you can obtain full body chainmail and a helmet in-game. Try finding one with clothing!
Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!