Not open for further replies.

Chop

Jan 29, 2020
United States
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - ChopR6

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer -3bd60f44-036c-4f31-8efc-9d377af4d752

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 16

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I have been desperate to find a RP server that had adventure and also a basic average every day lifestyle aspect as well. I've been researching and researching and finally found your website!

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - 2 years ago I was on a private server of 10 people for about 7 months where we roleplayed an organically growing village each with our own roles and roleplay and professions and ever since I have been wanting something similar!

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - This server sounds fantastic! I would love to be a farmer rancher/ wood cutter and supply the town with essential food and helping support other businesses that need my goods all of that fun role play stuff as well as participate in a Nations war if I get drafted to do so. It sounds like a great opportunity and I would love to have a small part in a gigantic world.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - For me, role playing is taking on the living breathing life of your character. It is acting essentially. To fully embody your character and from the moment you log on until the moment you log off you are your character, every pain they feel the needs they have their currency, faults, financial struggles everything. I love to fully develop my characters and pursue a dedicated life with them.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Powergaming, in simple terms, is attempting to force another player to Roleplay in a way they may not want to, or to declare something you did as correct and successful without giving the other player any chance to forge their own path or ideas.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming is when outside knowledge a real life player has is used and communicated within their character such as an event happening two nations over and a small time farmer such as yourself is sharing knowledge of it with another rp'er before any news has traveled to the village.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - Mary-Sue is someone who has almost no faults or none at all and is a boring cookie cutter character that is not fun to be around.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - 2020-01-29_16.21.59.png

Name: Malcolm Oakenshield

Answer -

Answer - 20

Culture:

Answer - Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer - Malcolm Oakenshield was one of the top bounty hunters in Oseria. He was injured and retired from his job after a brief career. He was the best but couldn't live that life anymore due to his injury and he fell into a deep depression. He struggled with alcoholism and aspirations for greed. A year later at 20 he had used the little money he had left to purchase a farm and some seeds. The people around him have converted him to their religion and now he is an avid "church"(unsure of their religious buildings name) goer. He is ready to forge a name for himself and while still struggling with occasionally drinking too much, and the desire to constantly gain more, he is a good man and someone to trust and forge an alliance with. He hopes he will never have to use his skills again and instead can live a quiet life as a farmer and rancher enjoying time with friends and neighbors, but when the time comes he will lay down his life and his comfort for his new home.

Malcolm is 6 foot 2 inches tall. He has brown shaggy hair and a beard. He is strong but is not overtly muscular. He is loyal, strong, skilled, friendly, and a hardworker but struggles with drinking too much and greed. His desire is to own the best and biggest farm across all of Osteria and control the region's food supply almost single handedly through his farming skills, wood cutting business, and his skills in the kitchen. While he never was able to enjoy mining he is hoping a skilled miner is in his area to help provide for the people. Malcolm has completely good and innocent intent, but hopes he gains a great amount of wealth along the way. He holds a lot in his heart and head, and is quiet about sharing his past with others. Although many ask, his origins have not come out even after a year of being in Osteria. Maybe one day he will find a best friend to open up to, and help carry his burdens.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: I would run down the alley to help the wounded woman and secure her wound while calling for help. After someone came I would try my best to chase down and find her lost jewelry and bring the thief to justice. I wouldn't kill this thief unless my life depended on it as I am still bound in my head to the sacred code of my knightly order.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: I would spend my time interacting and chatting with the members in the refugee camp, learning stories and generally making good conversation with the korsians. Since I am from a different land they do not recognize my accent otherwise they would not be so friendly if they knew I was from Oseria. I spend my time and wait as long as possible outside the gates and sell a few items with the more friendly merchants, although it's a few kuras less then I would have made from the established merchants, their kindness and friendship deserves it.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: I would decide to pass on the meal, while I am hungry and looking for a meal, I don't want to risk being sick or being poisoned while far from home. An unpleasant food is not what I want. Instead I will keep on searching for a little while longer and If I don't find a meal I will wait until the morning and look around.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: Although it is cruel it is a war, how many of my brothers and fellow men in arms has him or his fallen comrade slain? In the line of duty you do what you must, while this is a selfish and cruel act I cut down the wounded soldier and put him out of his misery. I regroup with my men to continue the battle fighting our enemies and claiming our territory.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: ? It is a village and the only one I've seen, I'm from Oseria and practically were brothers and held a similar bloodline years ago. They couldn't be too cruel especially since they are more experienced in the snow and winter storms. I will walk up and plead with them for a home and a meal for the evening.

Last edited:

Lena

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Build Team Leader
Build Team
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There is only one thing to change for a final decision.

Make the following edit to your application:

1. You can only play a character from one of the four main established cultures, as there is no published lore surrounding the faraway lands your character is from their homeland technically does not exist.​

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made this change and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

This is an excellent app, I can see you worked very hard here.

Good luck!

Chop

Jan 29, 2020
United States
Hello Lena thank you for your kind words. I adjusted his backstory to be a native Oserian still with combat experience. Everything is essentially the same just slightly adjusted where he came from. Looking forward to playing!

Lena

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Build Team Leader
Build Team
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

I can forgive your misspelling of Oseria in the second paragraph of your bio as I can see you have worked hard and made the changes!

If you do plan on playing an Oserian I suggest you have a good read of their religious lore ;3

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

See our Discord for more information on the release!

Status
Not open for further replies.