DENIED Chrysi's Whitelist Application (COMPLETE)

Jul 14, 2019
US, California
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - ChrysiDynami

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer -
Full: 72d6c72f-1529-482d-82fa-bd597b0cded7
Trimmed: 72d6c72f1529482d82fabd597b0cded7

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - Born Oct. 29, 1998. 20 Years old.

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes, I have read the rule thread.

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes, I understand and agree with server and forum rules.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Wanted to find a serious roleplay server, tired of all the factions, skyblock, and such. Wanted something I can really get into. Socially that is. I am more interested in roleplaying characters than actual combat and grind.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Yes, on many many different games and also in real life (yes I know it is cringe, but sometimes its interesting and compelling.) I do serious ropeplay on GTAV (The new very popular roleplaying server by Koil, NopixelRP. I am whitelisted and a trusted player.) I also like to roleplay on Garrys Mod but its been long since those days. I also love Military RP in games such as insurgency and ARMA 3. Those games are the roleplaying games I am most avid on. I also play MMORPGs such as Guild Wars 2 and Black Desert Online.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - I would like to add that one reason I chose this server was because of its particular newness. I have plans on applying for staff if I find that I really enjoy the server.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Ah every server I whitelisted on has this age-old question. Don't worry, I will be putting this in my full own words.
I believe that roleplaying is as simple as the word, playing a role. However, I believe that there are rules that must be followed for something to be considered roleplaying. I believe that to roleplay is to play the role of someone or something that has an effect on people around you, directly or indirectly. To roleplay isn't completely for yourself, it's to create that factor of life, of being something alive and responsive to an audience that will also be responsive. To roleplay is to communicate and take action with a life that can be both old and new, to take on old and new perspectives. By roleplaying you bring the creative to what is basic, texture to what is dull.
In one sentence, to roleplay is to create a story, a story that will be read to others by being in the lives of others.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Power gaming is basically taking out the "role" in roleplay. To my understanding, its when someone basically plays the game but plays it in a way where the idea of "role" doesn't really matter. All that matters to power gamers is well, gaining power in sacrifice of actual good roleplaying content.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Basically it is when you break the laws of roleplaying immersion in order to gain an upper hand in roleplaying. Its exploiting roleplaying by using things you know outside of the game to affect what your character knows.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - There are many ways someone can be a mary sue. Most commonly its when someone creates a character that is virtually flawless and unstoppable. Its creating a character in roleplaying that can always get what they want because "in the lore theyre great at everything and is perfect."

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

2019-07-13_19.52.39.png

Name:

Answer - First: Tenohira
Last: Beleaguer

Title (What hes known as): Kami no ken (God's fist/Fist of God)

Answer - 18

Culture:

Answer - Oserian and Northern.

Story & Biography:

Answer - Tenohira, a name given to him by his parents because of his tendency to grab things as a baby. He was the son a doctor whose name was Diana Beleaguer, she was a blonde Oserian woman who was well known by the village as she was an excellent doctor, and treated her patients personally. She wasn't rich, but she was happy. Before she had Tenohira and settled down in a secluded village away from most of the worlds eyes, she was a Combat Medic. In constant skirmishes she was the one who healed soldiers for another fight, but she was no nurse, she herself fought on the front lines. Although she faced many dangers in her military career, the most bothersome danger was the soldiers that would constantly try to rape her when she served the military. Thanks to her pretty strong build, medical knowledge, overall strength from training, and her time in the war, she was feirce. Even when she was a target of rape or when she was tested by her male dominant peers, she would leave them in havoc, as a doctor knows where it heals the best, and where it hurts the best. Not all men were pigs though, Tenohira's father, Akuma Ken, was one of the better few, and Diana knew that. He was a strong man, stronger than shes ever seen. He too, was gifted in the arts of medicine, but his main focus was strength and martial arts. They got together after their time in war and settled in a village. They had Tenohira and for some time they were living happily. But one day an army of men raided the village, they served a fearsome warlord. They left destruction in their path, Akuma and Diana did what they could, but with an attack of that sc,ale 2 people can only do so much. After the raid was over, many of the villages citizens were left either wounded or killed. The houses were destroyed and burnt, the supplies were taken. It was chaos, Tenohira was alive, but put in a coma. He was 8 at the time. Diana and Akuma put their medical gifts to use, but after days of Tenohira not waking up, Akuma was quietly and coldly furious. He left the village to pursue the raiders alone, vowing he would slay the Warlord to avenge the village and its victims. He never made it back, and the village assumed he was dead. Tenohira awoke a couple of weeks after his coma. He was devestated of the loss of his father, Diana was too. But they never gave up hope on the survival of Akuma. They lived on, repairing the village, practicing medicine, treated the village. After 8 years, Tenohira was now a 16 year old, whos build was unnaturally large, buff and strong just like his father's. One day Tenohira was told by his mother to fetch medical supplies from the forest. On his way back he would see something that will never leave his mind and heart, a vaguely familiar sight. It was the village in chaos. Tenohira rushed to the village, fearing his mother's life and the state of the villagers. It was destruction, there were no more supplies, no more houses, no survivors. Tenohira found his mother, slashed through the stomach in their home. Tenohira was shocked, frozen. He ran to her and held her by the head."
"Tenohira..." she said.
"Mother! Dont speak." Tenohira looked down at Diana's wound, he was so shocked and felt sick.
"I can fix this mother, dont worry I can heal you, dont worry" Tenohira tried his best to treat the wound. He was sweating and shaking.
"Tenohira, its okay, its okay..." Diana said.
"Mother, who did this? Who?" Tenohira asked.
Diana looked to her left, it revealed a blade with a distinct symbol.
"They... raided the village... again..."
"Again? Mother, dont die on me, please dont..." Tenohira was sobbing.
"Theres something... your father wanted you to have... under the floor board..."
"Father?"
"Yes. Listen Tenohira, find your father. Be a good boy. I love you."
Diana used the last of her strength to wrap her arms around her son. She died in Tenohiras arms.
Tenohira roared a painful roar. He buried her that day, along with all the other village members. For long dozens of hours he dug wholes and made graves for the entire village. He picked up the unique blade left by the attackers in his house, and looked under the floorboards to see what his father left for him. His father left him a ring. It was a gold coloured ring with unique characters inscribed on it. As Tenohira put it on, it burned him, and melted into his skin and into his blood flow. Tenohira roared in pain. After a short moment of pain all over his body, pain coursing through his veins. He felt nothing.
"What just happened?!" Tenohira examined his hand to see nothing there. The ring was gone. Tenohira was confused but he was fine. If it was from his father, he trusted nothing bad will come to him. Tenohira decided that he must enforce justice with his own hands. His rage consumed him, the thoughts of his village burning, the villagers dying, his mothers last breath... he has had everything taken from him... he has suffered the ultimate sacrifice.
"I will destroy them" Tenohira said
As his eyes turn white, his pupils disapearing, becoming lifeless, with fire and destruction taking its place. Immense strength and heat radiated from his body.
"I... I will have my revenge."

It's been 2 years since those days. Now Tenohira constantly tracks and looks for the people that destroyed his home. He has gathered many clues but it leads him to all over the lands and regions. He plans to find out what happened to his father but he has no good leads. Over his journey, he has helped many people in need. Nobles, peasants, the rich, the poor, Tenohira helps the people he finds on his path, not because he exactly tries to, but because he somehow always gets sucked up into people's business unwillingly. When Tenohira isn't helping, he's hurting. He has a deep hatred for the evil, a deep hatred for plunderers and bandits, a deep hatred for the greedy politicians, a deep hatred for the unjust.
All who come across this man, they will feel that fearsome sensation and chained viscousness that is locked within him. It is either you stay out of his way, or you experience his deadly power.
He is known throughout the kingdoms. He strikes fear into those who know of him, nobles and thieves alike. He remains mysterious. He has not let anyone know of his past, its no one's business but his own. The people who know of him do not know who he is, or where he is from, or what his goal is. All they know is a fearsome man with overwhelming strength, size, and martial prowess wanders the lands. Anyone who stands in his way of revenge will face him, the legendary "Kami No Ken."
All who are evil that find their way to judgment will find Tenohira, the man known as the "Fist of God."

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: (Will skip this question since Tenohira doesnt drink, and doesnt rather enjoy himself in taverns and such so he would never really find himself in this situation to begin with.)

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: (Narrator Style) "*Sigh* im used to this anyways." Tenohira thought. Tenohira remembers his mother telling him of the gap in the economy in Korsia, and how the nobles enjoy luxury while the poor sleep harsh nights. Fearing potential conflict, Tenohira covers himeself with a beaten cloak to hide his wares and his belongings. He browses around the camp, viewing the shopping stalls. He tries to sell his wares to the stalls, but many give bad prices. Tenohira tries to sell his wares for some time until nightfall hits. During nightfall, he looks for a place that is safe and secluded from the masses. He finds a spot that will hopefully ward off the potential thieves. Tenohira tries to rest until he can enter the city of Telth.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: I reject the sea-looking food. I try to tell the old crone that I can find food elsewhere but I thank her for the offer. I'm sure I can find food myself in the mountains or swaps in Drahl. I'm also fearing that the crone will try to poison me or drug me to take my possesions and maybe life. I stand on gaurd through this exchange, expecting anything. I recall the things my mother tells me about Drahl, and the dangerous criminal way of life. I won't let my gaurd down. I try not to attract any attention from anybody.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: (Self Narration Style) Leave him. He is weak, he cannot fight anymore and will probably die on his own. I feel bad for this man, for I understand loss. I will give him an opportunity of life. I respect this soldier, for people who fight in war, fight for the same thing. He is just another casualty in a flawed system. I run away from the direction of the enemy forces and try to gather with my allies.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: (In-character style) This seems like the summit folk, I think. They are hardy folk, but I know they are honourable. My mother told me stories of visiting the northern lands during her time in war. I can reason with them. They may even know my parents. I hope that they take me in. I immediately make my way upon the village unarmed, I try to reason with them and persuade them to help me. I bring up my parent's names just in case they recognise them.

Attachments

Last edited:

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Your application has been denied.
While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.
The reasons for the denial are as follows:
1. Your character's name and your character's backstory support character names refer to Japanese if I understand correctly. That's an invalid culture in the lore context of the server and any use of it needs to be edited accordingly.
2. Self-proclaimed titles generally aren't a thing(especially in a foreign language of sorts). Titles are granted by appropriate powers, like a lord or king.
3. You suggest that your character's mother is oserian, while the father is northerner. This is unlikely to happen due to the relations of these two cultures, but if you want to keep it that way, you'll need to expand quite a lot on how the two got together. And definitely get a more northern sounding name for the father.
4. The village raid backstory as a whole is rather cliche, I usually don't tend to point it out, but in this one the factions involved are unclear. For what reason is some warlord going around destroying villages? Who is he? What's this village about, why is it inhabited by several cultures? There is much that remains unexplained.
5. We generally don't allow characters to start out with weapons. Your character's blade will have to be lost by arrival to the server.
6. ToB is a low fantasy and low magic setting. Should your character have any interaction with magical or practically impossible situations, it will only happen on the server at staff's disclosure. That's why the ring part in your character's backstory won't work out.
7. All characters should start out unskilled and without all that fame or notoriety to them: we, as staff, want characters to grow and gain all of that while on the server. Otherwise, there isn't much of a path to be taken.
8. Your skin shows an overly muscular body. In a poverty and disease ridden setting like ToB, it's unlikely that anyone would manage blockbuster actor-like physique. Unless they're well experienced and battle hardened through their endeavours on the server itself.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!