Jul 3, 2020
United States
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):
LilCoro

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):
ee555bff-2817-4128-8c5d-65d9ad79f0b2

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)
Indeed

Do you agree with the server rules?
Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
Planet Minecraft

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

I've played on 7 Heavy-RP servers, and I was owner/admin of the latest RP adventure. (Aetheria)

Additional Information: (If any)
Unlimited Clan Servers I played on;

LOTR Roleplay Server
Age of Darkness RP Server
(Don't remember this one... I believe it was 'dawn of ages')
The Hobbit RP Server
Others;
Tekkit-Land RP Server
Myraeon
Aetheria RP

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?
Playing/Pretending to be a character that you are not, in a controlled environment.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:
Giving your RP character incredible power/knowledge that they would not realistically know, or giving your character authority over another character (IE, making them fall over even though you didn't ask for consent, you don't have the physical capacity, or you didn't follow the proper guidelines to allow such a move)

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
Using knowledge you gained OOC'ly to your characters advantage. Using information your character doesn't/wouldn't know.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
A character that is naturally gifted at everything they do (Like Rey from StarWars). Gained a bunch of powers they didn't earn/deserve.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
'Out Of Character'. It should be used NOT in Roleplay, unless there's something that needs to be discussed at/in the moment. Mostly used in discord, at least in my experience.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

Name:
Mokrim Lortis

Culture:
Oserian

Can your character read and write?:
Yes

Story & Biography

Mokrim Lortis was born in Dunsgate in the year A.T 976, from 2 lovely parents. His father, a former-respected blacksmith who sometimes hit the bottle too hard, and his mother, a caring woman who did her best to be the perfect wife for her lover. The family had their problems, but who didn't? It wasn't a traumatic childhood, but they all dealt with financial hardships. This led to Mokrim having a 'rising above' type of thinking. With each passing day, he would actively seek ways to enhance his financial position, but never delving into illegal acts such as thievery or robbing. If he had the chance to make some extra coin, he'd do it without hesitation, regardless of previous plans. If he could invest in anything promising, he would do so.

While Mokrim was not alive during 'The Great Death', he knew it was a challenging time for his parents and grandparents. His grandparents were one of the few to pass away during the first wave of the death. This led the parents to be far more sheltered than many who were in quarantine, and forced them to hold off on having a child. The mother was laid off from her tavern job due to wages being cut, but the father still had decent work. He created tools to help with construction, and offered blueprints for new buildings that may have been needed during the quarantine. However, once the great death had subsided, it seemed like people didn't need him anymore. His work may have helped save hundreds or even thousands of lives, but once he was no longer needed, his work took a hit. This led him to be a far more harsh man, not due to others, but his fall from grace, the limelight, and losing his pride.

This led Mokrim to be wary of scams and other ways to lose finances, similar to what happened to his father. He also gained a trait from his mother due to the stories she would tell him of her old job as he was raised, his love of gossip and brews. Truth warrants power, and truth can be traded. Anything he could pick up from the nearby taverns meant more income, and more income meant more opportunities. He enjoyed the stories his mother told him, and this made him gain interest in the stories others would tell him as well.

His mother, shortly after being fired, decided to not work, but instead dedicate her life to 'The One'. She often helped others out of the kindness of her heart, and begged her husband to do the same. This created many nights of arguments and disagreements, though a punch was never thrown, and a plate never broken. The father cast aside 'The One' spewing the fact that 'if he's so great, then why don't we get enough food on the table?!'. He knew deep down, this is not how The One worked, but his rage and embarrassment blinded him. She never escalated an argument, since it was against one of the nine edicts, but she was never afraid to defend those who were wronged or in need of help. She even decided to teach Mokrim proper manners and etiquette, so he may one day become a spreader of the ones holy religion.

Although his parents did die after he had turned 24 (A simple disease, though it was nothing to be alarmed over, they were growing old and their health was deteriorating.), he wasn't all that impacted or destroyed by the news. He had already set out to make a name for himself, and hadn't talked to them for almost a year. He yearned for wealth, and knew that if he was able to get some sort of business going, he could ride south and trade all of his problems away. Either that, or perhaps he could open a tavern in Valdarr (Rebuilding such a town/village must require some hefty drinks and a nice spot to rest your working bones...) With a chip on his shoulder and a lust for wealth, he set out to make his dreams a reality.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

My immediate instinct is to follow the thief and grab the jewelry for myself, though in the moment, I rush to the womans aid. I quickly run up next to her and kneel on the ground. I gently inspect the wound, all while repeating over and over "It's gonna be okay. You'll be fine. You're alright. You're going to be fine." Perhaps I aided because I knew there would be a reward for me (Since she was wealthy enough to buy fine jewelry), maybe I did it because it was a helpless woman and my animal instincts to care took over... Or perhaps, in my heart, I knew it was the right thing to do... Regardless, making friends is just another part of the gig with me.
After looking her wounds over, I try to apply pressure with a ripped piece of my jacket. I begin to scream for help from anyone that may be nearby. She begins to sob, perhaps due to the fact that she knew it didn't look good. I stopped my idiotic chanting and looked to her, trying to meet her gaze and keep her awake.
"Hello my dear" I'd say with a reassuring smile. "My name is Mokrim, what's yours?"

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I ask around to see if anyone requires items that I might have in bulk, that way I can try to barter with some of the refugees all while not losing any possible income I could have made in the city. If they don't have any coin, then I'll see if I can make a trade, or perhaps hire some new employees so they may pay off their debt to me without coin.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I seek to learn all I can from a safe distance, while staying as warm as I can. If it came down to it, I would attempt to steal some food or supplies to help me survive, though I would make sure to leave an appropriate amount of coin to compensate for their loss. If I was to get caught, I would attempt to use any knowledge I know to barter my way to safety, or at the very least, become a prisoner. If I was to become a prisoner, I would be able to get away from the cold tundra, and possibly get intel I could use against them once I managed to escape (or when I got released at some point.)

Last edited:

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your skin looks much more like an extravagant nobleman than the son of a blacksmith, keep in mind Tale of Banners is a serious and realistic roleplay server!

2. Your biography does not make reference to server lore at all, the bio section is so we can see you are able to create a character who could exist in the lore ^^

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

I can see from your open ended questions you are a very capable roleplayer with a lot of experience! Just make a few changes so I know you will follow the server lore and setting and I will accept!

Good luck!

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Your definitions are well defined and well explained, you clearly have a good understanding of RP.

Your character biography is well developed and very detailed, keep in mind that Esna has still not recovered fully from the effects of the great death. As this is more recent information only available in game at the moment your biography is fine to accept.

Your open ended questions are well thought out and show evidence an experienced roleplayer. I have full confidence in your ability to RP with other players on the server.

All in all an excellent application, well done!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.