United States
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

Cyprian1034

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

cdc0ec09-2991-4add-9138-bed8760b84c6

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

Yes
How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Through a Friend.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

I've played the godforsaken RP cesspool called LOTC for a long period of time and I've participated in the Lost Fables RP. I have been an Event Team member for Lost fables and I've had experience in both Life RP and Villian RP.

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

Playing a character separate from yourself to create a story and follow along with it from a first-person perspective. Kinda like Acting, but not for the art.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

Doing something that could be considered unfair or impossible. Ex: *Kills you with knife.* or *Can't Die*

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
Using Information in RP that you shouldn't know in RP, an example of this is hearing something in discord and bringing it into RP.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

The 'perfect' character, one without any faults.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

It means (Out of Character) and should be used when specifying something that is separate from RP.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- screenshot-1599766524903.png

Name:

Nikolas Blackburn

Culture:

Orserian
Can your character read and write?:

Yes

Story & Biography

Nikolas Blackburn was born with the Northern Orserians in one of the poorer walks of life. He was welcomed into one of the more dysfunctional families that lived in the dirt with the rest of the peasants. John Blackburn was his father, a man of many..unsavory talents. He dealt mostly in thievery, banditry, and occasional Murder which he brought his son with him during these 'jobs'. Needless to say, it was scarring for the young Nikolas when he was growing up, but he quickly adapted to this way of life. Though it hasn't left him unscared as dreams haunt him when he sleeps and the stench of blood never seems to leave him. Though his mother was a different story, she was a kind loving mother one that would have been too good for his father if she didn't have the job that she did.. Maria Blackburn before her marriage was known for her..nightly jobs at the bathhouse until she had been graced with a child from John. Though she left this life her son would never hear the end of it growing up, "bastard child" and other insults were quite common for Nikolas growing up with the other kids.

Fast forward to his more adult-teen years, he found his Dad's work the most lucrative. Money and brotherhood seemed to drive Nikolas the most as he lived his life, doing almost anything to meet those ends. Murder, robbery, kidnapping, you name it he was willing to do it all..for the right price. Though there was one line he refused to cross, no children. This was something that even he could understand that it would haunt him far worse than the dreams he has been dealing with all his life.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Nikolas Blackburn would attempt to stop the thief that was running away from the crime scene. And as he's such an upstanding citizen he would simply have to fight this thief and reclaim the stolen property! If all are successful throughout the conflict he collects the stolen items and pockets them himself, There's no honor between thieves. Then he would have to make his quick escape away from the scene and avoid any patrols that are in the city.
Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Collecting information is always a good idea, I'm sure if I was stopped then some other merchants may have been stopped as well. I'd have to bribe out the information from the ears that lay along the ground and gain information on the most valuable items that are within the camp. Then I'd look for some men that seem like 'my type' and hire them for a simple heist job. Then I'd make an attempt to make my stay the most productive it can be..

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Pat the man on the should with a solemn face. It's always a terrible day when one's brother falls dead in conflict, and the fact that the soldier was so stunned the dead must have been really close. Brotherhood should always be respected, so regardless of allegiance I'd assist the man with carrying the body off the battlefield before making my own timely escape. Even though I may have shown kindness, this doesn't mean I can expect the same.

TrueParanormal

The Chaotic
Staff member
Event Team Leader
Event Team
Application Team
May 28, 2020
New Jersey

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
You will now be whitelisted on the server.
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.
You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Since you are creating a villain-type character I am inclined to inform you to submit an intrigue application as well or you will be unable to follow through with your villanous plans. Love the application!