ACCEPTED Dantory's Whitelist Application

Dantory

Jul 26, 2018
Earth
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Dantory

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):
Answer - 4317f1b5-714c-4c21-b360-8c132560200e

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)
Answer - 16

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)
Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?
Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
Answer - The build team member Babadooks.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
Answer - Some

Is there anything you would like to add?
Answer - 40 on my rist mite just fuh yo bih

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?
Answer - controlling (sorta) a character, and realistically being them. As well as performing their actions whilst representing their personality.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’
Answer - Powergaming is when your character is performing an unrealistic action, or at least having it be done in one emote, and basically there's no counter-rp to it. Mostly happens in rp fights. Like emoting slicing someones head in half, and kicking it like a soccer ball. The emote doesn't have any way for the victim to reply.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’
Answer - When you use information you ooc'ly know in rp. Like metarallying people, by messaging them on a 3rd party app and telling them to get on when there's a disturbance in a city to accumulate people unfairly. Or saying someone's name in rp, even when your character has never met them.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
Answer - A Mary-Sue character is everything you want it to be. Usually means little weaknesses to the character or crazy power.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.
Answer - 6c02b5bb35d7eba96c518ea54693d29b.png

Name:
Answer - Dieter Langston

Culture:
Answer - Oserian

Story & Biography:
Answer - Dieter is a dark haired individual born from a hospitable family on a farm. His life is pretty normal for a farmhand to his parents, starting at the age of 12 as most good little Oserian boys should do. Eventually time had passed and he moved for a life in the city. Failing completely due to limited knowledge of his 20 years in Esna on a farm. He returned to his family's farm with open arms, and he continued to live on the property doing farm work. He is a diligent and hard worker as most Oserians are, but sometimes suffers from mild asthma which sets him behind from others who can work harder for longer than him. His ambition is to settle down with a family, as it's all he's seen most his life, and live a long peaceful life. He has a semi-muscular build created from years of farming, and stands at a nice 5'11". He is a bit of a slob, having little manners, and he can rarely get to cleaning himself despite getting dirty in the field during work.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Continuing to stroll down the street, I'd look up to see running steps. In my intoxicated state and in the low light of the night, I saw nothing but a man running. I only assumed he was running home to his wife. As a naughty thought in my head appeared, I'd grin a little and let out a laugh, "Heh." After this I looked into the alleyway beside me, and realized what had actually happened. I take another glimpse at the corpse in the alleyway, and I blink repeatedly. I spun around to escape the scene, but stopped myself and looked again. "Come on Dieter. Big boy thinking time." I rapidly started stepping, and before I knew it I was caressing the woman's body looking for anything of value. I failed to find anything, but I sprinted from the scene without looking behind me.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: I'd lift a brow at the shite looking crone, and proceed to purchase the seafood with what little currency I'd have on me. "I'll take your offer, however I've not much coin how much would it cost me?" After purchasing my food, I'd enter the establishment and the smell of the swamp, that I already wasn't accustomed to, invaded my nostrils causing me to softly gag. However, my stomach would grumble, so I took to my food. As I stared at this abomination my appetite would fight my hunger, and I instinctively scratched my belly. If I looked at this thing any longer I would've hurled a few pounds. I swiftly ripped a piece off and tossed it into my mouth with closed eyes, before exhaling and continuing to gobble the food down despite the off taste she had mentioned before.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: After offing an enemy with a swift eye gouge, I glanced over and saw the soldier. However I also saw the hundreds of dead bodies of comrades. Blood scattered the grass like spray paint, and there were so many bodies that in order to move you had to watch where you stepped. I ran to him, screaming at the top of my lungs. I proceeded to jump onto my left foot with my right foot winded up behind me, and I threw a kick aiming straight for the sitting soldiers nose. Hoping to knock him onto his back (if I succeeded), I'd swiftly and unhesitatingly raise my leg, before briefly curb-stomping the soldier's forehead. The crunch of his skull becoming a concave shape found it's way to my ear and I cringed. I repeated this motion two more times, as I checked on the enemy's advance. They'd soon get to my position in only a few moments, so I'd dart to the nearest grouping of my allies.

Last edited:

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.