Destruct30 Whitelist Application

destruct30

Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Destruct30

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 13f31076-1644-4c03-bec0-502d383f5f1c

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 26

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - just tried searching for some medieval themed servers

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - some on other servers and outside minecraft

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - no thanks

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Adopting a fictional persona in order to live out a fictional scenario

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Powergaming is attempting to maximize progress towards a specific goal without taking into account balanced roleplay or character creation

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming is when you allow for your fictional character to have knowledge they would not otherwise have

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A character that is perfect and has no flaws

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -

1567804635917.png

Name:

Answer - Ingjald Roarsson

Answer - 26

Culture:

Answer - Northerner, Flintfolk

Story & Biography:

Answer - I am Ingjald Roarsson, son of Roar Kveldulfsson the shipwright, son of Kveldulf 'windchaser' Olafsson. I am a 5ft 8 in. blonde Northerner male. I am not the strongest of men but have a solid build. I tend to use my brains more than my brawn but I am not useless in a fight. I am fond of mead, perhaps too fond at times, and easily get irritated with others. My family have been building ships for many generations and I have continued this tradition. My childhood involved helping my father, Roar, with some menial tasks while all the while watching and learning what he did. By the age of 15 I was able enough to aid my father with more complex tasks and by 20 I had built my very first ship on my own. My father and I now co-own the business and continue constructing ships for merchants, fisherman, and kings alike. While I love my work, there is always a part of me that wishes to follow in the footsteps of my grandfather, Kveldulf, who explored many far off and wonderful lands. Perhaps one day, I will build a mighty ship and go on my own adventures...

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: I am a man of the sea, and no sea-looking creature will get in my way of a meal! I pay the old crone and hurriedly walk towards my own camp so I can prepare my evening meal....It turns out that this creature was quite unpleasant to consume, though very filling.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: While I feel for the soldier's loss, many comrades on both sides have fallen, the field of battle is not a place of mercy but death and anguish. Without so much as giving them a second thought, I leave them to their fate and rejoin my war band to face the fresh assault.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: I praise The Five, especially Elni the spririt of fortune, for guiding me to my people. Northerners may dislike strangers, even their own strangers, but I know that the bottle of Luneholm mead, which I had been saving for a special occasion, will sooth even the most stubborn of men. I walk up to the nearest home and knock loudly on the door, ready to heat my freezing body by the fire...

Attachments