ACCEPTED - Dorian Fendrels Whitelist Application. | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Dorian Fendrels Whitelist Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian_Fendrel

Jun 26, 2020
United States
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- Dorian_Fendrel

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

- 5cf9c7e0-404a-4be8-9741-c91bd9f2d76a

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- Yes, I have read the server rules.

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes, I agree with the server rules.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- I actually googled "medieval minecraft roleplay servers"

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- Yes, from years as a DnD GM, to my previous Minecraft Roleplay servers, to FiveM roleplay, all the way to ESO, and BDO roleplay. I enjoy any and all roleplay communities.

Additional Information: (If any)

-

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- To perceive life as if through your characters eyes. To live their life, and act as they would.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- To enforce your characters will onto other characters without mutual agreement.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- To use OOC or out of character information IC or in character.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- A "perfect" character with no flaws, no sense realism to them.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- Out of Character. From my understanding of the rules, never in Roleplay. I would apply a bit of logic and say keep it to a minimum only for important messages, contacting of DM, ect.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-

Name:

- Dorian of House Fendrel

Culture:

- Northerners

Can your character read and write?:

- Yes, he can read and write, but not cannot use fancy languages or terms. He understands the basic of the Northerns language.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
- Forged in the frozen wastes of the north, by hammer and anvil, little Dorian was born. His father Yyarik, and his mother Velia lived in a small village. His father, a Blacksmith by trade made living forging tools, nails, locks, and more for the small village, occasionally selling to traveling merchants. Dorian was raised with a blacksmith hammer in one hand, and a bow in the other. In the far north, farming is not so profitable, so fishing and hunting was the main source of food. At the age of 6. Dorian was taught the way of combat. In what free time he had, he focused the art of archery not only hunting but training his skills until he could hit a target at almost 150 meters by the age of 12! He was a hardy boy, strong, rigid, hardy as most Northerners were.
It was not until Dorian's 16th birthday that his world was turned upside down. On the day of his 16th birthday, the Jarl of the lands sent soldiers, recruiting for an upcoming conflict. As Yyarik was the main Blacksmith, the village could not afford to lose him, so Dorian was sent in his place. After what seemed like months of traveling around with these recruiters, heading village to village, they all finally set course for the fort. During this trek back the small force of soldiers was attacked and overwhelmed by raiders, killing most of the men, the rest scattering to the wind. Dorian was one of the few lucky enough to get away. Lost, confused, even a bit scared, Dorian began to wander wound the north looking for his way home.
After three weeks Dorian was able to find his bearing, and return home to his small village. What he found was not what he had left. The village was burned to the ground, the ash still hot. Blood and bodies littered the streets. What was once houses were smoldering ruins. After the shock and awe of such a battlefield had worn, Dorian was able to find his mother and father. Burnt corpse locked inside of their home as it was burnt to the ground. Taking what supplies he could find, Dorian set out to find these people, and find a purpose for his life. Several years passed, and Dorian was never able to find who or what did it to his village. He had learned much on his travels about the Gods, the lands, what it meant to be a man, and basic life and survival skills. However, with this time had grown to hate warlords and nobles. Those that cared only for themselves. He became a drunk, always drinking when he could, as well as being very quick to anger, and not maintaining a sense of understanding. However, he did not lose his core traits of honor, duty, and working an honest wage. He took up Blacksmithing, and Mining as he could to make ends meet.
Now it is time he sets off again, to find a new destiny, a new path in life. Where the wind takes him, he won't know. His hands are now in the Gods.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- "Takes a quick look to the left, then to the right his head moving sluggishly" Dorian would begin to stumble and wabble to the women bleeding, not fully aware of what's going. "Ey... you... woman. What's that? Blood? Uh... Why?" After speaking with the women, and trying to understand what had happened, he began to sober up a bit. After the women had full time to explain the situation the robber would have had full time to escape. "You. should see the priest. He can make you better. Here let me help you there.." Dorian would then help the women to the local priest to tend to her wounds. In regards to the overall robbing, he would suggest she take it up with the local guards.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- Dorian would spend most of his time drinking, possibly getting robbed of his wares. He would also try to meet others, preferably adventures seeking to take on a Blacksmith. Dorian has always hated people, but he likes certain persons when he gets to know them. If anyone could see through his rough facade, they would get to know a decent, morally right man, trying to make his way in life. Nothing too eventful would come from this unless he got so drunk, he started to be hateful and violent.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- Would look her up and dare, and deny the food. With the history of Dorian, he would be suited to hunting or fishing in the local area, and be able to survive within these elements. Depending on the exact location, he may end up eating some mushrooms, or berries. Maybe find some snakes, or local wildlife to eat. Due to him being brought up in the fidget north, he would be accustomed to survival and finding his own source of food. He does not know this old crone, and does not trust her. He trusts himself.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- Smile widely at this coward of a soldier. I would then take my bow, notch an arrow, and attempt to put one through his throat, ending his misery. I would then quickly search through both of the bodies, looking for anything of value before quickly returning to my duty as a soldier. If the enemy is pushing I would defend with my troop. If we end up advancing I would advance with my troop. Dorian has a taste for violence and a distaste for people. This was an easy decision. He does not kill for fun, but as a soldier, he does not have to hold back.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- In this situation, I am no stranger. I would tell them who I am, what I am, and with luck would be welcomed in. I should look the part, so convincing should not be hard. If for some reason they do not believe me, I would then ask for honest work, or a place to rest that I could gladly repay with my skills. Once they identify my cultural traits align with there own, it should not be a dire situation.

The End! Once you have completed this application and post it here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/whitelist-applications.13/ (Whitelist Applications)

Our application team will look at it as soon as possible!

Your application may be put onto pending when amendments are needed. Once you have amended the changes please notify the application team member by replying to the thread. The Application Team will then will review your application again. You have 14 days to make the amendments before the application is denied.

Thank you for applying for Tale of Banners!

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. You do not have a roleplaying definition.

2. OOC is used naturally on occasion. Just specify where.

Your bio doesn't mention anything in particular of server lore other than being from the north. This isn't a huge issue as the character characterization doesn't conflict with the northern culture tooo much, but you might think about looking into it a bit more.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Dorian_Fendrel

Jun 26, 2020
United States
I have made the above-mentioned changes to the application. I did not modify my bio, according to:

"Your bio doesn't mention anything in particular of server lore other than being from the north. This isn't a huge issue as the character characterization doesn't conflict with the northern culture tooo much, but you might think about looking into it a bit more. "

The reason I choose to keep it as loosely connected as possible, but still within the cultural group is to not confine my character but to rather develop his full personality and traits by how he interacts and whom he interacts with within this world. I enjoy building the character, especially one this young based on his impressions, meetings, and experiences with the groups of other adventures and NPCs he encounters.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.