ACCEPTED - Eleanor54's Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Eleanor54's Application

Eleanor54

Jul 18, 2020
United States
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- Eleanor54

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-8098bc87-ab0b-4d39-89c8-fd827521bc0a

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yep

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yeppers

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-I googled “minecraft rp servers” and finally found a reddit post with not-dead links.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Yes, Stellaris. That game is about roleplaying whole civilizations, so doing a single character will be quite different.

Additional Information: (If any)

-My favorite food is macaroni and cheese

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-Pretending to be a character and simulating their thought process, such as emotions, personality, and motivation. Appearance can also be included but is typically less important

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Exploiting game mechanics in such a way that may not technically be against the rules but gives the PC an advantage while often sacrificing rp. An example would be murder-hoboing in D&D to aquire the most xp points while playing a lawful-good character.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Using outside information to gain an unfair advantage in-game, such as immediately knowing a code that you saw in the DM’s notebook.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-A character that is treated as extra-special within the game and usually has one or more of these qualities: can easily solve any problems that other characters had serious trouble with, is admired by all but a few others (and the non-admirers are usually treated as wrong/stupid), is incredibly beautiful, everyone has a crush on them, and has no flaws whatsoever.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-Out of Character, should never be used in game and is acceptable out of the game to plan encounters or deaths, or resolve issues between players (not characters).
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 10.26.16 PM.png

Name:

-Eleanor

Culture:

-North Oserians

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes, she is fairly well educated and has read quite a few books. She has written a few poems about nature.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)
Eleanor grew up rather wealthy. Though not proper nobility, her family was a well-respected and wealthy house of merchants specializing in leather goods. They travelled far away from their home in Dunsgate and sold everything from tough leather armor to fine dresses. Eleanor, being the daughter of the patriarch’s brother, would often accompany these merchant trips and see the landscapes rolling by. From a young age, she was infatuated by nature and spent hours painting these natural scenes. These paintings, while pretty, were deemed as little more than distractions.
Eleanor’s father tried desperately to make her interested in being a merchant. However, she disliked the tedium of it, what with the haggling and cut-throat nature of it, and preferred to spend the day painting a sunset or reading a good book. She loved to read fantasy stories of dragons and wizards. One day, her father took her to the cow farm to see where the leather came from. At first, Eleanor loved it. The cows were beautiful animals, the calves were adorable, and the barn cat loved being pet by Eleanor. But when it was time to see how they got the leather, Eleanor was horrified. She cried as she saw the cow’s neck slit and screamed as its flesh was taken from its body. Right there, she vowed to never sell or wear anything with leather ever again, or eat any meat.
Seeing her make this vow, Eleanor’s father decided to do the one thing he could: marry her off. He introduced her to a proper noble house’s son and set the wedding date for next month. Despite the son being rather nice, if a bit socially awkward, Eleanor dreaded her future as a wife. Thus, she packed some clothes (no leather), some food, and some tools and ran away into the wilderness. There, she has lived for years in a self-made hut. She still paints, though on bark with flower-made paints, and sometimes goes to the library to check out a book or two. She shares her food with travelers and is friendly but is very uncomfortable in crowded areas and cities, as they remind her of the life she left behind.

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)

(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)

-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-Scream for help as I run towards the woman. My first priority is to make sure she is safe, so I apply pressure to the wound and look for any other injuries. If any good samaritans come by, I give a description of the man and point to where he ran. I then try to get the woman to the nearest hospital. Once the healer is able to assure me that she will survive, I go to the local authorities, describe the incident, and sketch the man. I then go back to the hospital and stay there until the woman recovers, I bake her a cake, then go back to my small shack in the wild.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-Walk through the camp and look through the stalls. If anything catches my eye and is leather-free, I might buy it. I’ll probably overpay because bartering is not my forte. I get a bite to eat (making sure it’s vegetarian) and then go to sleep at sunset, to ensure I’m well rested for the next day.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-Ask if it’s vegetarian. If not, I don’t eat it. I’d rather starve than eat an animal. If yes, then I cover my nose and eat it. Even if it doesn’t taste good, I trust the woman not to sell me something harmful. I then fake enjoying the meal to make her feel better. If I need to puke, I do it where she can’t see.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-Drop the weapon and run because why am I on a battlefield? Unless the enemy is the Devil Himself, there is no way I’m fighting in a war. I try not to get involved in those sorts of things; the fighting is just so that some greedy noble can add more land to their realm and have a little more gold in their bank. Besides, the screaming of men and clanging of weapons is far too much for me to handle and the panic overrides even my desire to help the other soldier. Afterwards, I feel very guilty for not helping him but tell myself that the enemy medic was able to get to him in time and hope he makes a solid recovery. If I ever see him in public, I give him a hug before walking away in shame.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-Desperately try to barter some food from the locals. Hopefully showing them my paintings will make them warm up to me, because everybody loves a good painting. If they have no vegetarian food available, I die with my morals intact.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

Your use of lore was a bit lacking, but your question answers and decent bio made up for it.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Message an application team member or a moderator when you are ready to be whitelisted.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
Hey there, you haven't responded or messaged me on discord. I'll whitelist you now.