ACCEPTED - Esvaruns Application v.2 | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Esvaruns Application v.2

Esvarun

Jul 16, 2020
Deutschland
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-Esvarun

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-b113be40-61a2-4675-8262-d317b6f6ac15

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

-Im 15

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes!

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes!

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-I found the Trailer on YouTube.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-I played on multiple (German) Minecraft RolePlay Servers. (Lyria, Iskaria etc.)

Additional Invformation: (If any)

-Im from Germany pog

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).​

What do you define as roleplaying?

-RolePlay is comparable to an open world theater play. You slip into a character, control his actions and interactions with other characters and the world. Develop feelings and build friendships.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

Actions that give too much of an advantage to a character or force an action onto other characters without giving them a chance to interact.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Using knowledge in Role Play that your Char can not have.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-A Mary Sue is a perfect fictional character based on looks, morals, actions. Most of the time, a Mary Sue character can accomplish difficult tasks with ease. (Always make exactly the best decisions etc.)

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-OOC means Out Of Character. It is used for normal non RP conversations.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.​

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

Name:

-Kiira Trevis

Culture:

-Drahl: The Yaelk Nomads

Can your character read and write?:

-A bit of both

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

-The first years of her childhood went well she learned the use of simple herbs and survival skills. Her father was a traveling merchant and often brought her things from far away. When he came back one evening after traveling for months, he gave her a small piece of yellowish metal, not even the size of her little fingernail. Now of course she knew what it was, a tiny piece of gold, which he had probably bought in one of the desert towns of the Korsians. Whenever he stayed longer he would tell her stories from his travels, describing the distant places. He often brought sketches with him. They were simple, a few lines and yet you could see what it was. He told her how those places look, how it smelled and what kind of people lived there. She was fascinated by what there is on Esna. Kiira could have listened to him for days. However, one day that changed. Her father died in a Krelkan Duel. On her 14th birthday. His travel companion brought this terrible news to her family. Allegedly there was a dispute over goods, he was accused of theft. That day changed Kiira. The only thing left of her father where the drawings she had given him. All of these places, she decided, she wanted to visit. Since she knew that one would not get far without knowledge and skills, she began to learn. Asked her mother about herbal medicen, how they worked, and how to make them. A friend of her father taught her simple sword fighting. She found it difficult to write and read, she only knew simple words. She saved her money and after her 18th birthday bought a horse. Now is on the way north to see her father's first drawing.

Appearance:2020-08-09_14.16.04.png
Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.
Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-I don't even realize what happened. It's only the clumsy sound of the body hitting the ground that makes me act. I run to her as fast as my alcohol level allows. I'll inspect her briefly, I have nothing to help her. Since I didn't feel like standing around alone in a dark alley for a long time, I carry the woman wanked to the tavern to call the local city watch with the help of others.
Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- Disgusted by this place, I walk around carefully, it's hot, it feels like walking on hot coals. It stinks and every 3 meters I step over a person who is lying on the floor, I can't tell whether she is dead or just sleeping. The so-called market is a tragedy. I can't stay here long. I'm slowly digging deeper into the market. I encounter strange and shady people. It smells like a mixture of waste and rotten. However, I do need something to eat. This morning my supplies ran out. At a stand that looks like the food won't kill you, I buy a small wad of bread from an elderly lady. He looks okay and I just don't ask myself what's inside him for the sake of my wellbeing. I'm on my way back. I slowly make my way through the groups of people. Hopefully I won't get any diseases here. Back at the gate, I sat down against the wall and waited to be released from this disturbing place.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-I am aware of my terrible situation and would do everything in my power to get a place to sleep. In my pockets there are exotic herbs and dry fruits that I could give away for trading. Hopefully it won't make them even more angry. I manage to persuade them that I can stay one night, at an astonomic price. However, I take precautionary measures like putting a small knife under my straw pillow.

Reactions: PurpleKnight

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Well done implementing server lore with good answers to the questions.

You clearly put a lot of effort and work to making this fit into the servers lore and we all appreciate that.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.