ACCEPTED - FancyPotato's Whitelist Application Thread | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED FancyPotato's Whitelist Application Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FancyPotato

Feb 9, 2020
NJ, United States
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - GloppinBloopin

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s):

Answer - 135a623-60ab-4d55-864c-aaedc33b9730

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer -17

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Certainly.

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Indeed.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Reddit, I believe. Otherwise, I just randomly found it by browsing the internet somehow.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I've been game GMs for DnD games, Divinity OS2 games, and some Discord servers which I've resigned from. I was apart of Thronecraft, another very popular, whitelisted roleplaying server. Lastly, many Discord medieval/fantasy roleplays, the best genre.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - :)

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - One's assumption of a role. They detach themselves from reality and take on a fantasy world.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Deliberately sacrificing the roleplay aspect of the game for character strength/power. Subsequently, slightly ruins the experience and immersion for accompanying or other players.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - When one supposedly is an all-knowing being, acknowledging all news and outcomes regarding the current game's events or news.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A character without flaws, defects, or imperfections. Basically, being perfect though unrealistic.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -

Name:

Answer - Thorimir Fjoldr

Answer - 37

Culture:

Answer - Northerners (Midfolk)

Story & Biography:

Answer -
In a distant Northern village near the colder mountainous area of the charted, lived Thorimir. He had honed the blades of its finest warriors and fought in fierce battles against all who opposed the Midfolk heritage. Many exclaim their fear of death; however, none of those would be Thorimir and those who accompany him. They lived for glory, bloodshed, and battle cry. Further, his motives came while boasting one evening with his clansmen over the burning embers of a razed village, one of the elder warriors grew tired of Thorimir's bluster. Hailing from the brutal cold regions, he received a prophecy from the elder's foretelling of his dangerous and fearful passing—a coward's fate, and a great insult among his people. As Thorimir flung himself into the obscurity of its throat, he fell further into the darkness of his psyche. He had become evermore enraged and deranged. At the point when the stun of solidifying water awakened him from the dim, there was just the butchered body of the monster above water next to him. Foiled yet not vanquished, Thorimir set out to chase down legendary beasts and live in dauntlessness. Fueled by rage, Thorimir throws himself into every fight with reckless abandon. Surrendering to the blood lust deep within his being, Thorimir is only truly alive when grappling with the jaws of death. In this time, Thorimir vowed he would carve his legacy and pursue serenity- if ever comes. (Not absolutely realistic to character's ability, exaggerated for effect.)

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Immediately rush to the woman; no time for the thief to be caught, though I attempt to glimpse beneath his cloak. Quickly, I apply any rags or cloth from my clothing to the woman's wound and continue with standard makeshift medical care if my drunken mind could even comprehend to the scenario. Dazed, my eyes dwindle, and I release a bellow, calling for immediate aid, too inebriated to be capable of rapid thoughts. My body unable to rally strength to move the woman, I can only offer comfort and the small medical knowledge applicable.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: Us, Northerners, fight only with honor. We deployed a creed of integrity, and our conscience declares that we show mercy to those who do not present threat. We never falter in battle, but decency is displayed. I am faithful to a proud heritage, a tradition of honor, and a legacy of valor. For a short while, I stare in fear and sympathy to the soldier. My sword falls beneath my waist, and I give a elegant gesture of sadness and guilt. Through the carnage, I kick a sword towards the man weeping in fear, but soon push on to the advancing army.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: I present myself, proudly Northern alike- Midland Folk, specifically. Slowly marching closer to any guards or outlooks in the outskirts. Closer and closer, as the walls enter my view, I await. Through the ravaging gust of snow against me, I give a Norvian gesture, symbolizing that I come with no harmful intentions. In Norvian tongue, I release a bawl, entreating any to hearken and permit me entrance.

Frigated

Admin
Developer
Sep 7, 2015
England

Congratulations! Your application has been approved on a trial basis.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.