ACCEPTED FatDumpling's Whitelist App

Nov 10, 2019
USA
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

FatDumplingGrace

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

09c1c7c7-02ba-4261-ba6c-23972e0d96e8

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

I Googled 'Minecraft Roleplay Server'

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

I have none.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Nope!

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Acting as a character in the game.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

The closet thing I can think of is the anime 'Kill A La Kill', they have no armor and OP weapons. To clarify, that if a character rushes in with no armor expecting to win the fight against all odds, or some other anime chilce.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Using out of character information to benefit yourself in-game.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

A Mary Sue character is one with no flaws at all, and can do no wrong. They don't have any emotions.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Edit: I have posted it below ^^

Name:

Grace Abigail

Culture:

Oserian, Subculture of North

Story & Biography:

Grace grew up in a town with her younger sister and her father, as her mother passed during the childbirth. While born in the lower class, she had dreams of becoming the best bard, and so, as her teen years went on, she practiced and began to sing to small crowds. It was a pleasant way to not only feed her family, but also to meet new people and make new friends. However when Grace was sixteen, a major faction within her town fell. What started was a domino effect of well established guilds falling, being seized by the Duke, and sold off. Eventually, they turned their attention to the guild Grace was apart of, and at nineteen, Grace was forced to watch as her work was taken from her, the guild disbanded. Angry at the Dukes choices, she encouraged her friends to start rumors about the Duke and his disliked family. It came back to bite her in the butt, when she was dragged from her home kicking and screaming. Her guild mates had snitched on her, and sold her out to the Duke. Enraged, the Duke permanently scarred her face, and exiled her from the town. Left and abandoned, she traveled a little until twenty-one, hoping to finally find a place of her own.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: Cold, bitter, and hungry, Grace cares not that the cold stares of those people threaten her, she only cares about her livelihood.

"Move." She snarls, opening the door rather fast, shoving aside any bystanders who happen to be in her way. The sudden warmth of the fire shocks her cold body, and for a moment, she trembles, her blue fingers shaking. However slowly, she scoots toward the fire, letting the warmth seethe through her bones. She picks up the tavern members grumbles, threatening to throw her out. Each time it appears somebody walks up to her, she fixes them a feisty glare, and soon they scuttle off, back to their booze and stories of woe.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: "Halt", the guard stops her with a long pole, "the city is under lockdown, there's too many citizens, you'll have to wait outside."

Grumbling, Grace thinks of a way to perhaps charm the guard to let her in, but then she remembers her face, and she inwardly scowls. She looks toward her right at the refugee camp, sleeping people of all kinds rest in makeshift bunkers, and vendors who don't wish to enter the packed city stand outside, selling fake trinkets. With a sigh, she makes her way over to the vendors, just browsing for fun, refusing any offers. One vendor gets a little too curious as to why she wears a cloth over her face, and attempts to take it off. With a swift smack, she sends the vendor kneeling.

"Don't touch me." She barks aggressively, bristling. Her eyes instantly dart around, looking for more people who could possibly hurt her. But the vendor returned to his feet, stammering replies, and backing off. She turns, making her way back to the city gates to wait.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: She takes a good hard look at the old lady, squinting. "I'm not eating some pile of filth you found in the trash, crone. Where's some descent food around here? Do I have to go hunt it myself?"

Looking slightly taken aback by her rudeness, the crone replies "Not at all! It is just unpleasant, you would not enjoy it without the proper methods of cooking it."

Grace raises an eyebrow, "So you found it in the trash, cooked it, and expect me to eat it?"

"Not at all! This is fresh from the market!"

"So then is it spiked with something?"

"Why are you so worried about it!? Just eat the free food!" The crone attempts to shove the food to her, but Grace rejects.

"I'll go find something myself, I don't trust you." She snorted, turning and walking off.

Last edited:

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.