Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2019
USA
Minecraft Username(s): Fawnytheturtle

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

b9321a05-6992-42bb-8d15-a30f0e86291b

What is your age?

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)
Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Just found it randomly

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

I do have experience, I been on many servers some I can not recall but others like: Lord of the Craft, RPG Guilds, Aethier, Alaurin

Additional Information: (If any)
Nothing I can think of other then turtles are awesome

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

Roleplay is when you act like someone you are not

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

Power-gaming: Powergaming is forcing actions against another player. As so if in real life you would not instantly kill someone.. take their money and walk away /grammarfail. Here is an example of powergame. /me slices you in half, obviously you can not instantly slice someone in half. If they have a weapon they could parry it, if they have HEAVY armor they wouldn't be sliced in half, probably just cut or so.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

Meta-gaming: is mixing OOC and IC. Or IC and OOC. Before I tell you about metagaming, OOC is Out of Character. Out of Character is just when you want to have plain fun, grind on NPC's and all that good stuff.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

A person or woman saying "Look at me i am so perfect" this is absurd and annoying as no one is perfect

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

Out of character this is used when you wish to speak when not roleplaying

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/freya-ashfall-one/ (Freya Ashfall - One Minecraft Skin)

Name:

Rhaelyn

Culture:

Northern

Can your character read and write?:

Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make

Rhaelyn was raised by her grandparents little is know to her as to why, but when she was old enough her grandmother whose name was Veriswen told her the story. It went like this, Once upon a time there was a woman name Saffire she was working at a tavern when a man approaches her this was common so she tended not to mind it. He introduced himself as Lucendar. After a bit of a chat the two seemed to get along and he invited her to dinner. As a new day arrived the two meet up and have the meal and little did Saffire know the man would try to do something dirty. He got her so drunk that the two ended up making love and when the new day arrived she awoke with dizziness looking around she saw the man next to her and let out a gasp. Upset she gets dressed and leaves the room, soon she spoke to her boss quitting the job and even packed what little things she had and left the city heading to her parents home. When arriving she told her mother what happened and so she stayed there unknowing she was pregnant. Time passed and she started to feel strange after a visit to the medic she learns she was pregnant. She didn't want the child but she could not just kill it so as months go by she gave birth to a baby girl naming her Rhaelyn. Later that day the mother was dead seemed she took her own life. Saffire's mother cried out and her husband did as well. They vowed they would take Rhaelyn as their own. As the story finished Rhaelyn cried softly and hugged Nesithra tightly saying "No matter what I love you with all my heart". And so the years go by and Rhaelyn grows into a hard working woman. Now that she was 18 she wanted to have an adventure. After saying goodbye she takes her leave feeling nervous on what her life has in stoee .

Rhaeyln is kind, loyal, caring, curious and shy

-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Rush over to the lady and call out for help ripping my own dress to help with the bleeding. As In wait for help I calmly talk to the person but sadly they did in my arms before help arrived

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I spend time exploring and browsing the goods at the shopping stalls. I greet people starting some conservation. Then I try and find a place to relax a bit

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Shake my head and decline the offer walking off. My mind begins to wonder if any food is safe and decent to eat

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Kneel next to the man and softly speak to him about how he is needed and how his friend would want him to defend people. After this he stands and rushed odd to defend against the others

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I just go another way seeing as I am not welcomed and as I moved along I can only think what other places are out there

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your biography does not contain any server lore. In addition, it tells me little about your character other than their conception and abandonment. Where was she between age 1 and age 22? You don't need to write a novel, but a basic idea of her hobbies and backgrounds would help.

2. The answers to your open-ended questions lack significant detail, please include more information. Use this section to show how your character would interact with other players and show us some examples of your roleplay. Try focusing on three if it makes it easier.

3. If you need help with your mary-sue definition, you can research online or contact us. This isn't a huge issue, but it is important that you understand what this is.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.
Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

Your character age is listed differently in two different places on the bio, be sure to pick one because aging is a factor on the server, although we dont enforce strict rules around it.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.