Fiishys_ Whitelist Application

Aug 11, 2019
United States of America
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Fiishy_

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 7ab3a103-75cd-49c9-9590-3372c20d0bfc

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 15

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Google

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Yes

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - I am an experienced roleplaying and have a high interest in medieval-fantasy style

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - The act of portraying a character or other entity in the manor one wishes.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Using exploits, cheats, or other means to progress oneself forward that is not within the rules of a server. Such as, in a roleplay where you may have two OC’s. you have the ability to get one job. Your second character gets their job and lets you ‘borrow’ his or her money. Therefore not specifically against the rules of the server but an exploit.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Using knowledge one acquired OOC that you IC persona does not and would not know.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A Mary-Sue character is one which overly fits the stereotypes for a being and has little to no originality i.e. A white knight, edgy thief, etc.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -

Name:

Answer - Quinton Fishbourne Whitaker

Answer - 36

Culture:

Answer - Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer - Quinton F. Whitaker grew up as most other younglings in Oseria. No one is born thinking that they will reach anything more than a street rat. Quinton had a bumpy adolescence. His father, Kale O. Whitaker, was not the emotionally involved with Quinton. At a young age his father and mother were having an argument which awoke Quinton, his youthful curiosity got the better of him. As he listened to the argument tears filled his eyes. His mother spoke of how she couldn’t take the distant relations that both she and Quinton received from his father. Which eventually drove the two adults apart. For a few years Quinton continued to see his mother on a weekly basis. He stayed with his father normally. Even though Kale was distant from Quinton, Quinton still looked up to him. His mother decided to leave one day. She left a small note in her home which the young boy saw read, “I am leaving. I love you Quinton. Be a good one for your father.” The short message in this letter explained nothing for the young child. As the years passed Quinton grew more aware of the situation which had befallen him. His father eventually opened up a tad. The two became the typical father and son. Still they were not overly close until the 26th year of Quintons life. By that time they were almost friends less than a father and son. His father still did his duty’s of serving the army, one day the unit encounter a heavy snow storm. Few made it out alive. The frigid cold had taken his father’s life. Quinton was devastated. In his adulthood he grew a more outgoing person. He was devastated when he was alone. He could not handle quiet well. When he reached the age of 31 he joined the army as a Warrior. The years passed and he’d grown comfortable in his life. He accepted what he was doing and fought valiantly. By 36 he may not be a hero or well-known man but he does his part and does what he needs to keep his friends and clan fed, protected, and stable.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: *Knowing that the woman may be seriously injured he levels the fact that her life is more important than a piece of jewelry. He rushes over to the woman and moves her hands. His head is tipsy and he doesn’t think that him trying to do this by himself is a smart idea.* “Ey! Anyone! We need medical attention! Now!” *Using the knowledge he’s acquired over the years he rips of a part of his sleeve covering his hand in the cloth and firmly applying pressure to the gash. He hands the women a spare flask he keeps on him and hands it to her for a drink, hoping the drink will ease the pain. He continues to hold pressure on the wound until help arrives.*

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: *I check my bag for the belongings I have and need. Throwing my bag back over my shoulder I decide to go for a bit of shopping. Walking to a market stall I initiate a conversation with an older woman. She states her stock and prices as she does to all others. I ask for a leather strap to replace the nearly torn in half one I have on my back. She points to a shelf behind her. Putting the strap on the counter alongside a few Kuras to cover the cost. She nods and I walk away continuing my shopping awaiting to be accepted to enter the city.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: *Lookng down at the enemy soldier there seems to be a blank cold in his eyes. He thinks of his moral compass. He turns his head and rushes away back to his unit. He had decided to let life takes its course. He did not wound him, this man was in the battle. He gets what he gave. He thought to himself that what he was doing was right and left well enough alone. Reunited with his unit he went back to battle, not worried about the wounded soldier.*

Attachments

Last edited:

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your powergaming definition is lacking in the context of roleplay. Try researching and adding to it a little.

2. Northerners generally don't read. The mother shouldn't be able to write a note and your young character shouldn't be able to read it. Either change the backstory accordingly or elaborate more on how the family became invested in scholarship.

3. Please add a screenshot of your skin.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.