DENIED Funkymaniac's Whitelist application

Aug 11, 2019
Miami,florida
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Funkymaniac

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - f9c40b47-79ba-4b51-bf40-09c895a79e4f

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 16

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - indeed, I have

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - as long as each of them is necessary, yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I've been searching for role-playing servers and stumbled upon this one

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I've played two rather long DND campaigns and I've also cosplayes

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - I want to have fun

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.

What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - To take the role of an existing or fictional character

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - grind hard to get as far as possible and as quickly as possible

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - mostly breaking the fourth wall or ooc by doing actions based on the current state of the game and not based on what the character would actually do with his own knowledge.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - an unflawed Character, being capable in many areas and/or also being physically attractive.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.

Provide us with an in- screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - Screenshot_20190811-131836.png

Name:

Answer - Wiley Shotgun

Answer - 25

Culture:

Answer - Oserian origin, Korsian culture

Story & Biography:

Answer - Wiley grew up in a wealthy, oserian family who dedicated themselves in toolsmithery, as a child Wiley had great affinity towards music and learned every single musical instruments. Their family outraged about his controversial ideas, exiled Wiley from his home, leaving him alone to rot in the vast world of Esna. Wiley outraged began to train in the forest learning about the secret art of hexes and runes, and merging it's magic with the magic of the music. Wiley, now fully grown changed his last name to shotgun and began to use a mask to hide his true identity ,now a Bounty Hunter he is determined to get revenge on his family

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer:
Since the wounds may be fatal and the woman has a low chance of survival, I just go after the hooded man, using my magic to defeat him and sell the jewelry for extra cash.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: I, without hesitation buy the suspicious food, and eat it. I will always find away out, even if it has any consequences.
The food was infact very delicious and replenished my hunger.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: I sneak inside one of the northerner's hut and hide through the night, once sunrise I leave the hut carefully without making any sounds and leave.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Your powergaming definition is lacking in the context of roleplay. Try researching and adding to it.
2. Your character's backstory is very vague. What did his family cast him out for? Playing music? It feels like you're attempting to setup a downward spiral, but it falls short from the sheer lack of detail. Everything mentioned feels too much out of place otherwise, like the casting out, last name change, etc.
3. ToB is a low magic and low fantasy setting. Hexes and runes isn't something you'd find or learn about.
4. Setting up your character for a goal of getting revenge on characters that will not be played on the server can turn out for a stale character path.
5. Your open ended questions are a little too short, involve magic and hold hints of powergaming. Try to redo them entirely when applying again.
6. Advantage giving accessories and items such as masks shouldn't be on your skin since your character will start out without such.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!