Apr 23, 2020
Finland
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- A_Garden_Gnome

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

- f3e6cdb3-4b45-471e-898b-a3328bb2be21

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

- 19 / born year 2000

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- Saw it on Planet Minecraft

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- Roleplayed a lot on one of World of Warcrafts Roleplay realms (Argent Dawn) and a bit of D&D with friends

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- Placing yourself in another persons (or creatures) "shoes" to act and think like them. You forget everything about yourself as the irl person you are and fully focus on the person you're roleplaying as and behave like they would.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- Doing something which affects another character in any way without asking their permission first. As an example "*Marf punches Thidic*" when it should be "*Marf attempts to lend a punch on Thidic*".

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- Knowing something your character shouldn't know through the information you've gathered OOC

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- A character which is incredibly boring to RP as, as well as to RP with - a character which is great at everything. No negatives, this person's just an overall sparkling character born with flowers blooming from their ass.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- OOC means "Out of Character" and should be used when you want to say something which doesn't involve the RP.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- skin.png
(bound to be changed or modified when I've come up with a character I might actually play as)

Name:

- Thildric Silverbranch

Culture:

- Northern Oserian

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)

-

History:
Thildric Silverbranch, an Oserian born in a merchant family in Oseria's capital of Dunsgate, never cared too much about his family's craft. He didn't care about wealth, he cared about justice and honor! His parents would attempt to make their son care about matters of coin, but time and time again proved them, they were powerless. Rather than caring about money and wares, Thildric wanted to be a knight of sorts ever since he was young. He did prove to be foolishly brave, as he would be at the losing side in nearly every occasion. Thildric would not care however, for he would turn to the one true god, The One!

Thildric had none else to turn to after all. His family wanting him to be a merchant, and the few friends he had seeing him as a spoiled weakling, made him turn to religion. Through religion, he had all the confidence and determination to prove them all wrong! He's going to become a knight.

Personality traits:
Kind of ignorant, too kind, too brave, chivalrous and extremely religious.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- sprint over to the lady, kneel before her as I grab her hand. "Lady, oh lady, are you alright?!" I say with a worried expression. Whether the female is well or not, I pray for her and make sure she's protected. When I'm certain she's well protected, I ask her a few questions regarding what happened.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- eat it anyway and wait for the effects to occur. Thildric soon feels a strange burn in my gut. Not to be considered rude, I make a desperate attempt to smile. "Oh 'tis not too... bad!" Thildric says, still doing his best to keep the smile up. Right after uttering the words he'd just spoken, he realizes he cannot contain the strange food within him any longer. He nods to the old lady and quickly walks over to the nearest bush to puke out whatever he ate.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- I don't care about the unfriendliness of the villagers. I'm a knight-to-be, I cannot be scared of the peasantry if I am going to rise above them! I walk through the town, like I own it. I don't even care about keeping a hand on my hilt, for the northerners wouldn't be stupid enough to attack a fine man in shining armor, right? ........right?

Last edited:

Lena

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Build Team Leader
Build Team
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Great application! and a very strong knowledge of how roleplay works in game!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

See our Discord for more information on the release!

Status
Not open for further replies.