Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2016
Nunya
OOC Information:

MC Username- Soul_Ripper

How old are you?- 16

What is your favorite color?- Blue

Have you read and agreed to the rules?- Yes

Have you REALLY read the rules? If so which one do you most agree with?- No cybering because it's really unnecessary and if you need to do it, take it to Skype.

Are there any changes you would make to any the rules?(if so why?)- I would extend the PvP default rule from 4+ people to 8+ people. This is because RPC is more fun and challenging for those involved making them think harder about their decisions. With PvP a thirteen year old kid can kill a knight just because OOCly someone has a better PC or more experience on RP servers. RPC requires IC and OOC knowledge of weapons and how to use them properly.

How did you find Tale of Banners?- My friend. Tritonx9.

Do you have any experience with other roleplay servers if so which server(s) and for how long?-
I was on Lord of The Craft for 5 months, I was on Trials of the World for 2 Months, and on Aethier for 4 Months.
Definitions:

What is Roleplaying?-
Roleplaying is when you take on the role of a character and act as if they would, see as they would, and respond to the world around them as they would.

What is Metagaming?-
Metagaming is using information you learned OOCly in an ICly way, an example would be learning someones name in an OOC forum thread and approaching them ICly before saying their name when you've never met them before in RP.

What is Powergaming?-
Powergaming is forcing an action onto another player without giving them time to respond or react. An example would be *The orc raises his bearded over his head with both hands before swinging it down on the elf's chest, cutting through his plate armor and killing him instantly*.

What is OOC, IC, and IRL?-
OOC is out of character, IC is in character, and IRL is in real life.
IC Information:

Characters Name- Asher Pyke

Characters Age- 24

Characters Race- Oserian

Characters Sex (Male or female)- Male

Characters Biography-
Asher was born to a mother and father who farmed for a living in Dunsgate, they were very kind people and often offered the food they didn't eat or sell to those in need. Asher was with his family until the age of two when his parents Magnus and Freya were slaughtered at the hands of some northmen mercenaries while trying to cart goods around town. The mercenaries didn't feel the need to kill a defenseless child so they took him along with them, making their way out of the city and raising him as one of their own. When Asher was growing up the mercenaries passed him off as one of them by claiming his mother died at childbirth and that the mercenary companies leader "One-Eye" was his father. Asher having no memory of his family in the first place believed the mercenaries and soon enough he became one of them. On Asher's ninth birthday One-Eye told him that if he wanted to be as great as his father he needed to follow in his footsteps, Asher got his first sax and began training. One-Eye taught him how to hunt and cure animals skins for clothes, bow strings, armor, and for selling animal hides. While Asher was learning how to hunt One-Eye also taught him how to control his breathing while running and how to climb things like trees and mountain sides. When Asher was eleven One-Eye began teaching him how to defend himself from the mercenaries known enemies such as the town guard and the occasional brave peasant. The training started out small with simple things like the proper fighting stance, how to hold your fist, how to put more power behind punches, etc. After a few weeks of that One-Eye moved onto the more lethal side of things which included basic Ax training and Round shield training. Asher worked every day and every night of the week, taking occasional breaks so that his sore muscles and wounds could heal. When Asher was fourteen he and One-Eye did their first ever spar with sharp weapons, using spears they squared off in the mercenary camps center fighting for roughly four minuets before Asher yielded. Though Asher lost he did show prowess in combat my managing to cause a deep laceration in One-Eye's thigh. Not much else happened in Asher's life besides training until he as sixteen, fourteen moons after Asher's sixteenth birthday One-Eye allowed him to go with him on his first major contract which was to kill a large group of bandits hold up in an abandoned hut. Asher got a few kills but not without taking a loss of his own, he was slashed across the face with a spear leaving the noticeable scar on his cheek today. Some more time passed and when Asher was nineteen the mercenary company One-Eye worked for disbanded due to the death of One-Eye. One-Eye died at the age of forty five at the hands of some town guardsmen who caught him off guard while he was hunting. Having little to no armor and being outnumbered four to one he was murdered and his body was left at the gates of the mercenary camp as a sign. Though all the mercenaries including Asher wanted revenge, they couldn't find out who had murdered him nor could they do anything even if they had. Asher no longer having a job decided to continue working as a hunter, occasionally travelling to towns to sell animal hides and meat that he didn't use. Asher is now twenty four and grows tired of doing the same thing over and over again, he now seeks work in Dunsgate doing something that allows him to honor One-Eye's legacy.

Character Traits & Ambitions- Asher is loyal, strong willed, and dedicated. Asher is also greedy, cruel, and ignorant. Asher's only ambitions are to find a stable source of income and to honor his fathers legacy.

Characters Strengths and Weaknesses-
The positives are that Asher is Strong, Dexterous, Brave, Resilient, Coordinated, Tough, and Agile. The negatives are that Asher is Stubborn, Uneducated, Temperamental, Prejudiced, Homophobic, and Aggressive.

Characters appearance (Be descriptive)-
Asher is a tall man with tanned skin who seems rather angry most of the time, he has several noticeable scars including the one on his cheek and several on his torso and arms. He has long and wavy black hair that hangs down to his shoulders if it's not tied up. His hands are calloused from constant use and his body is brawny from constant work.

Please provide an in game screenshot of your characters skin here….. iEFvpYj.png

Role-Playing Scenarios:
These scenarios will be used in order to test your role-playing abilities. Please answer any 3 of the 4 scenarios listed, and remember to complete these scenarios in as much detail as possible.

[1]

Your character finds themselves in the middle of an arena with nothing more than a robe on their back. As you character looks around there is what appears to be a spear on the ground approximately 15 meters ahead of them. They’re not the only person in this arena however, with several others scattered around the arena. Each member in that arena is trying to get that spear. How does you character survive this ordeal?

[2]

Returning from the tavern after a long night of drinking, your character passes through the streets and alleyways on the short return home. However, on the way you hear a woman in distress coming from around the corner. The woman is being robbed and is clearly distraught. What does your character do next?

Asher seeing no gain in helping continues walking, placing his right hand on his bearded axes head just in case the man tries anything. As Asher walked away he thought about what the woman might have done to bring that on herself rather than why the man was doing it, a blithe grin forming on his face as he disappeared in the darkness.

[3]

On the road going passing from Oseria to Crosia, your character gets lost and ends up at Crookmire Swamp. Although lost, your character decides to stay the night in Crookmire and continue their travels in the morning. After a few hours your character begins to get hungry and heads to a local street vendor. The vendor offers you some baked goods, however warns of out of body experiences if they are to eat this food. What does your character do next, and how do they react to this situation?

Asher ponders his decision for a few moments before refusing to buy anything, offering the vendor a few coins for being honest with him. "I can go a few more days without food, if I start hallucinating and i'm attacked....then I wont make it at all. Thanks anyway friend." Asher would turn to continue on his journey, trying to keep his mind off food.

[4]

In the midst of battle, your character finds themselves next a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly upset as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see your character with sword in hand, but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. What does your character do next?

Asher looks down at the man clenching his jaw and fists, his knuckles turning white as blood ran down his arm. Inhaling deeply Asher remembered One-Eye's most important motto. {Take no prisoners} he thought to himself before raising his sword over the soldiers head in two hands. "Fledrin forgive me." Asher drove the sword into the soldiers neck before twisting the blade and removing it. Sighing he continued onward with his allies into the battle.

Any extra information you would like to add on your application? [Optional]: Thank you for taking the time to read my application and cheers!

Last edited:

NTE_Killer4life

Dec 17, 2015
USA
Hello! I am NTE_Killer4life and I will be reviewing your application today! Your application has been put on...
PENDING
  • The only thing I need you to do is add locations to your well-written backstory referring to the lore.
  • Also, I am curious as to what subculture the mercenaries were.
The backstory was a very interesting read! :D
Please fix the problems above in the bullet points within 24 hours from the time I reviewed. PM me or comment below and I will take another look!

Reviewed 2/22/16 9:02 AM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.