ACCEPTED - Haradaeir's Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Haradaeir's Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haradaeir

Build Team Leader
Staff member
Build Team Leader
May 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information
Minecraft Username(s):

-Haradaeir

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-a67571eb-268d-4e9d-8089-84984530ea5f

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes.

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-Googled 'medieval minecraft server'.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Life is feudal roleplay servers, other minecraft roleplay servers, CK2 and EU4 rp runs.

Additional Information: (If any)

-n/a.

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-Playing as if you were a created character, following their characteristics, past, and personality, within the parameter of rp rules.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-maximising progress without respect for roleplay considerations.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-utilising bugs, methods, or mechanics that are technically possible, but not respectful to roleplay setting.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- a character that is too powerful/perfect for a realistic framework.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-out of character -used when the text is not from your rp character.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-Attached.

Name:

- Haradaeir av Dunsgate

Culture:

- Oserian.

Can your character read and write?:

- Yes.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

- Haradaeir av Dunsgate
~ freeman ~ no bond of landed tenure.
Age: 26, Male, 187 cm, 102kg. ~hazel eyes, short brown hair, short brown beard.
Unmarried, sired no offspring, taken oaths to uphold the 9 holy laws.

Born in North Oseria, in Dunsgate, the Grand Duchy of Avendale.
Childhood: productive assistant to father, but enjoyed a lively and troublemaking childhood in the streets of Dunsgate, where I grew to cooperate with the other lads there.
Age 12-15: Served a term of 3 years as a lay monks’ assistant in a lesser known monastery in Karn in service to The One. Outcome of piety, basic literacy, and a fondness for ecclesiastical architecture.
Learned the basic crafts of the cooper and brewer by my father in Dunsgate.
Ages 16-20: Worked as a caravan assistant and guard, taking up odd jobs in villages and towns, but refusing to sail or row ships. Dislike for piratical folks, like for agriculturalists.
Ages 20-26: Joined the Blue Orchid, a break-away chapter of the Order of the Healing Hand, with more of a focus on protecting merchant travellers and pilgrims. Some experience in this position included masonry work at a chapel, small scale military skirmishing, basic healing, and thorough arms training.

Presently: traveling as a lesser knight of the Blue Orchid chapter. Not yeat wealthy enough to buy armour, but well equipped with a winter monk’s robes.

Mother:~ Skadi the younger; was a traveling fabric merchant from the Melting Lands.
She always claimed a long lost link to the Northern kings of old, but this is hardly any statement of worth, given the virility of the early northern warrior lords.

Father:~ Hadvar Hadvarsson av Dunsgate; Father was an established brewer in the employ of Frigots Ales. He served some time in the service of the ducal lords of Avendale in his youth, and taught me the basics of swords-craft.

Grandfather by sire-side; Hadvar av Oakenbri; a once renowned knight in the service of the Order of the Healing Hand. Settled in Dunsgate, whereupon he fathered 13 sons by three wives all named Hilde. Died in 965 AT by the Great Death (One rest his soul).

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-It was on this recent occasion that I purchased my fine monk's robe from a rather suspicious vendor. The robe belongs to the chapter of the Blue Orchid, but I hesitated to ask where the man acquired it. Having need for the garb for my planned northern travels, I made a deal to exchange the robe for my last three pieces of gold and and afternoons work. Having had spent much time with the caravans, it was an easy afternoon operating the gentlemans stall whilst he drank in the tavern.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- I stomach my distaste for native foods, and thank The One for blessing me with life and health. I learn that the crone is wise in the ways of treating bad dreams in the area, and I tactfully convince here to share some of her spiritual and herblore knowledge. Amusingly, she is delighted to learn from me that a local plant in the swamp she thought was a weed is very useful for flavouring broths, a trick I learned in my father's brewery.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- Not having too many years of experience under my belt with regard to traveling the lands of the north, I trust in The One, that he will protect me. I know that I must hide my faith, but I need the warmth of a fire. Having collected several rare specimens of bitteroot and greyoak bark from the tundra undergrowth in my travels, I humbly plead with the head of the village to allow me to take rest and supper in exchange for tending to any ailments or sickness in the small settlement.

Our application team will look at it as soon as possible!
Your application may be put onto pending when amendments are needed. Once you have amended the changes please notify the application team member by replying to the thread. The Application Team will then will review your application again. You have 14 days to make the amendments before the application is denied.
Thank you for applying for Tale of Banners!

Attachments

• 2020-05-23 10_04_20-Photos.png
    2020-05-23 10_04_20-Photos.png
    764.7 KB · Views: 2

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

It was a pleasure to read this application, superb job on lore and character development.

Your definitions are also very accurate.

Certainly a high quality application here well done!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Reactions: Haradaeir
Status
Not open for further replies.