ACCEPTED Hawkins1999- Arne Oddmund Whitelist Application.

Nov 13, 2019
Minnesota USA
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Hawkins1999

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s)

Answer - 4138ad73-77c7-4658-8635-02c8b213cb37

How old are you?

Answer - 20

Have you read through our rules?
Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Google searched medieval Roleplay servers

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Ive been roleplaying ever since I was 12. Ive been on countless mc rp servers from Solinia(Medieval rp), LOTC (Lord of the Craft Medieval rp), to Eurasia (Steam punk sci-fi rp). I have roleplayed in other games such as DayZ, Ark, Life is Feudal, GTA 5M, Arma 3, and Rust.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Alongside roleplay I have also been in my fair share of theater productions and improve. I have had support cast roles, ensemble roles, and lead roles in Hello Dolly, Grease, Putnam County Spelling Bee, ETC.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
W
hat do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Roleplay is when you create a made up character in which you carry out actions and adventures in a made up world with a driven out story in which you partake in with other people and their made up characters.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Powergaming is where you emote a action that overrules someone else's ability to do something about your said action. Example of this would be if i emoted that i swung my sword and chopped off johns arm. This entails that his arm was just cut off suddenly(or randomly) not giving him a chance to protect himself and counter my swing.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming is where you take OOC information and somehow your character suddenly knows about information he otherwise would have no idea about. Example of this would be a private message or discord message. That information needs to stay OOC until your character properly comes across the information IG

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A "Mary-Sue" character is a character which is basically marry Poppins(Shows you my age right there...) "Perfect in everyway."

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
P
rovide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -

Name:

Answer -Arne Oddmund

Answer - 25

Culture:

Answer - Northerner

Story & Biography:

Answer - Arne was born to a young couple named Gunvor and Agnar. He grew up off the north coast of Esna alone. His father was a hunter going deep into the snow covered forests in search of food. His mother was skilled with the needle and thread. They raised him to be able to survive in the cold, how to hunt, fish, and weave traps from tree bark and string. Arne would go out with his fathers to get wood or help his father check the traps. His Father didn't talk much, mostly hand signals unless he was singing. His mother taught him how to read and write. As Arne grew older, so did his parents. His mother was the first to catch the sickness. Arne and his father stayed by her side day and night caring for her. However, after a year or so of this she finally gave in to deaths grip. Overtook by grief Arne and his father grew apart and stopped spending time with each other. Arne would go deep into the forests for days sometimes. One day he came back and found his father had fallen and hit his head upon the fireplace. Death came for poor Gunvor a few days after as Arne could not provide the medical treatment needed. Arne buried his father next to his mothers grave and said a quick prayer for the both of them. He went back into the cottage where he was raised he glanced around. Looked at the chair in the corner next to the fireplace where his mother would spend hours sewing new garments for him. To the table where his father would sharpen his dagger or tighten the strings on his bow. And finally to the center rug where his parents and him would sit in the nights together singing songs of their people before eating together. A tear fell from his cheek as he gathers some food left and throwing a cloak around his shoulders, pausing one last time in the doorway before saying goodbye and leaving his past behind on the north coast of Esna. Heading into the forests away from it all, Arne starts his journey.

Part 4 of 4

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: "Oi! Stop that man! He be a thief! Daft honorless nightcrawler.... Aye lass, Stay still for a bit *Hick* Let me see if I can help at all." Arne Stoops beside the lady and calls out for anyone to help as he pulls off his own cloak. He takes a small dagger and cuts through the bottom hem taking it and applying pressure to the wound. "What were you doing out so late lassy? Nevermind suppose common sense is of no use now. Lets just get this wound of yers taken care of. *Hick* Oi I might have had a wee bit too much to drink i fear..." Arne checks to see if she is still breathing and picks her up gently carrying her out of the alley way in his arms back to the tavern. "Oi! I got a injured woman here! Where is a doctor?" Arne says nearly knocking the door off its hinges as he shoulders his way through inside.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: Arne would gather up his wares clearly not pleased with the guards verdict. He would huff as he sets his wares down along the wall and walks through the stalls glancing at other sellers wares. He would scoff at any product he saw rivaling his own and examine their craftsmanship. Arne would go back to his wares, lay them out as best as he could in a empty stall and start calling out prices and showing off his garments and daggers. "Here ye be the best dahm daggers in all the North! Mined, forged and crafted all meself! Affordable and yet given the best attention to quality as ye have ever seen! Garments also be here from some of the most elusive dahmed rabbits and deer this side of the Mount Grelth." Arne would smile a bright smile at anyone close enough to be in effect and try his best to haggle prices in his time waiting entry to the city.

(Gonna skip question 3 as I cant seem for the life of me how to make this answer longer then 2-3 sentences.)

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: "Lad, I suggest you either drag your dead friend there out of the way or back to yer people as it seems we will be clashing once more here. I will not strike you unless you pick up yer weapon. It might be best that way... Wouldn't want ye being accused of being a coward and fleeing the battle." Arne would scoff looking up at the approaching forces steadily moving closer. He keeps his eyes on the one soldier and slowly backs away a safe distance before daring to turn around and move back to his own people. Reporting what he saw he joins back in the ranks raising his shield and sword awaiting orders to move forward or charge. "Come now lads, We have beat them back once! surely we can do so again." Laughing Arne would start reciting a battle song his father taught him about honor and blood clashing like steel.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few meters ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: Arne would nod and sign peace to those he saw and keep his mouth shut knowing how unwelcome his parents were to those who flapped their jaw. Approaching what appears to be a elder he stoops in front of them bowing humbly sword planted in the snow in front of him. Taking his hands he makes gestures about the storm and puts his other hand over the first to create a shelter. He then points inside and back up at the storm. Looking at the elder he awaits a response still staying kneeled in front of the elder head lowered in respect and humility.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.