DENIED - iContent's Tale of Banners whitelist application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

DENIED iContent's Tale of Banners whitelist application

iContent

May 21, 2020
United Kingdom
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- iContent

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

- 7b91b544-5f8a-42c8-a7d9-8781c1c91061

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

- I am 18 years of age. 01/07/01

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- I have indeed familiarised myself with the server rules and I will not attempt to break or exploit any of them.

Do you agree with the server rules?

- As stated above I will not break or exploit any of the server rules because they make sense and they're there to ensure safety and security to the playerbase.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- I found out about this server using a specific google search on the type of server I was looking for and this looks perfect!

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- I have played many roleplay games and a few roleplay MC servers however I haven't played MC in quite awhile, today I thought to come on and see if I could relight the love i once had for the game, I used to play on a Roleplay server which was a bit more fantasistic... if thats the right wording, then Tale of banners however I could not produce any knowledge from them servers as it has been years.

Additional Information: (If any)

- As stated above I am a returning player to MC and I know very little about the new features or developments the game has come out with, however with that being said I am willing to learn and I am extremely enthusastic to hop on and learn what Tale of Banners has to offer.

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- I define roleplaying as the form of playing a game or server and fully submerging into the world of the game you're playing, by this I mean you become your character and you follow what that character would do on a daily basis; for example if I was RP'ing as a Construction worker, I would perfom the jobs/tasks a construction worker would do. RPing to me is alot more then playing a game it's truly experiencing the game to it's full potential. Or in this case; Truly experiencing the server to its full potential.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- I am afraid I am not familiar with this term and the 'Meta gaming', 'Mary-sue' this is due to a lack of playing MC in the last few years, I could just pull up a document and copy and paste what it says, but I thought i'd be honest I haven't a clue what these phrases mean however, I am more then willing to learn.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- (Above)

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- (Above)

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- OOC I believe means 'Out Of Character' and whilst playing an RP server shouldn't you really always stay in character?, I am going to take a guess and say that this should be used when communicating VIA - Discord and or The forms.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.​

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- https://gyazo.com/f768fee9158bd5a8f80af505fde6de91 (Screenshot - f768fee9158bd5a8f80af505fde6de91 - Gyazo)

Name:

- Mikal Hawklight

Culture:

- Follower of the Oserian Culture

Can your character read and write?:

- Yes

Story & Biography
- The story of Mikal starts deep in the Oserian plains he lived with his younger brother Ivan who was a farmer to the luscious plains, daily business went as usual as Mikal and Ivan tended to their farm animals day and night however one fatefull night whilst Mikal was away scouting the plains for potential areas to agricultured a band of bandits raided Mikal and ivans precious farming home and took everything, Money, Food, Cattle and worst of all the took Ivans life and left his strung out body laying in the middle of the field, Mikal came home to discover all the destruction that had occured when Mikal layed eyes upon his lifeless brother something sparked inside of him... A drive to find out who or what had done this and bring them to justice! However Mikal knew this was a task much more difficult then previously predicted as Mikal was going up against a band of ruthless criminal murderers which Mikal later found out to reside in Flintswood, Mikal knew he couldn't do this alone he needed to recruit some security.. some back up incase things took a tedious turn.

Mikal finally was able to stitch up some battle worthy leather uniforms as he would be going up against the bandits who slayed his brother and robbed him of everything he owned, Mikal finished his Frothy Topper and swung open his door ready to embark on his new journey, Mikal sadly wasnt able to recruit any security to help back him up and ran into the direction of Flintswood.

(I didn't really know what to do here so I hope i've done it correctly.)

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.
Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- Tend to the womans wounds immedietely, I would rip any fabric I had on my person and apply pressure to the wound. I would then flag down a passerby and ask them to aid the woman whilst I tracked down the attacker, I would look for boot prints as the man was running he'd have obvious prints where he had stepped and I would follow them until i found him where I would then restrain and wait for the appropriate guards to take him away.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- I would use my time to see if I could secure any deals on the wares I would have been selling in the city, If I was on my way to sell some items I would have a rough estimate of how much I would ask for and or be offered, if no deals were to catch my eyes I would sit away from anyone else to prevent any chance of being mugged and patiently wait for the guards to let me enter the city.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- I would stomach the meal and be thankful that an old crone who was obviously less equipped then me due to the fact she was in ragged clothing, I would then offer her anything I had that could be of use.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- I slowly push down the wounded soldier and reassure him it was all going to be alright and that he'd be joining his friend in the heavens shortly, I would take my weapon and kill him in the most merciful way possible, this was a man with no motivation to fight, he had no reason to fight back and that deserves a merciful death. Once slayed I would then retreat to friendly territory to avoid the enemy forces.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- Take up refugee anywhere I would be accepted and not make any problems for the village regardless on whether they let me situate there for the night or not, I would offer work or even my own belongings to be inside and out of the snowstorm, I would offer to cook and or clean for the people who let me reside there and after the night I would leave being very thankful and hoping that their opinion of me had changed, of course not the whole village would accept me but that small handful would.

The End! Once you have completed this application and post it here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/whitelist-applications.13/ (Whitelist Applications)

Our application team will look at it as soon as possible!

Your application may be put onto pending when amendments are needed. Once you have amended the changes please notify the application team member by replying to the thread. The Application Team will then will review your application again. You have 14 days to make the amendments before the application is denied.

Thank you for applying for Tale of Banners!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.
There are only a few things to change for a final decision.
Make the following edits to your application:
1. Google and research the definitions listed to gain a thorough understanding, then add them to the application.
Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Due to a lack of response your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!