ACCEPTED Itazura's Application to join the odd server

ITazura

Oct 12, 2019
USA
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Itazuraa

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer -f18fae51-ad3e-4430-a4b5-30bce3e27ec4

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 16

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer -Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Searched for it looking for a good rp server to play on

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Yes

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - I'll keep this short I am sure whoever is reading this has better things to do then read my "amazing" stories ect ect.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Character interaction between npcs, other players, and the environment .

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Building to a strict advantage making your character as op as you can even if its "technically not cheating" it just makes rp interactions unfun.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Using knowledge your in game character would not know about to give yourself an edge in a game.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - I'll be honest I have never heard that term before. But my guess would be a prodictable and normal character something that has been done millions of times?

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - 1570860649132.png

Name:

Answer - Ozwald Fletcher

Answer -20

Culture:

Answer - Northerner

Story & Biography:

Answer -
Ozwald Fletcher, a young man of the age of 20. He was born into the world to Colan Fletcher and his wife Moranda Fletcher who already had a child of the age of 3 named Loyal. 2 years later his twin siblings where born, his younger brother Vell, and his younger sister Arya. There in a small fishing village on the ocean shore of the north he spent most of his childhood. Even with the constant struggle against the storm they were able to make due, and compared to some Ozwald had a very joyful childhood. It was not until the age of 9 that his life changed for the worse. It was getting colder in the North, and food was becoming more and more scarce, so on the hasty decision from his father, they began to travel south too Oseria. Packing what few belongings they had they began their journey. However at only a few days away while traveling through a mountain pass disaster struck. A large sheet of ice broke free from the mountain ledges higher up, causing a large portion of the snow-covered peak to come crashing down upon there path. Moranda and the 3 children stuck on one side, Ozwald and his father stuck on the other. Luckily they had planned for this sort of event. In the event that they were to be split up they would all meet up at the town of Downwater. So as Ozwald and his father made their way back down the mountain path and up a different rout his mother and siblings continued on. And because of this arrived a week later (this trip in total took over a year). They arrived to an armed border denying anyone entry, they had made it 3 days too late. Oseria had closed its borders to the rest of the world. They searched the refugee camp for weeks, but eventually gave up, the rest of there family had made it through and they were left there on there own. They charted a course for home. Colan hoped that if he were able to save up enough money they would be able to bribe their way into the country and so he worked ten full. It was not for another 2 years that his father felt ready to try and make his way back however that year was the coldest year yet. They found themselves blocked off from even trying to go north. This cold famine lasted another 3 years in which time Ozwald became a man and shortly after his 16th birthday when the weather was finally beginning to warm enough for them to make the trek through the mountains his father fell terribly ill. For the next year he spent his time looking after his father. The wise man of the village took him in after his father succumbed to his illness. With him he studied the art of healing and was taught to read and write. Two years later he set off on his own determined to find his mother and siblings, if they still lived that is. He took what little he had with him, the location of his father’s fortune having died with the man was lost too him but that did not stop him from making this journey. Upon arriving at the border the situation had not improved it was still closed and the corpses of those who had starved while trying to get in still lay there rotting and becoming one with the scene. It took him months but he eventually found a way in through the many underground caves leading through the mountains. And that’s where we join him now as he stumbles out of the cave and into the light of the blissful morning sun.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: I call out to the gaurd or anyone else whom might be near by before rushing into the ally allowing someone else to deal with the theif. And even if he is not caught ones life is more important then ones valuables. Rushing to the woman I would examine the wound. Doing my best to stop the bleeding and tend to it in any way I could I would call out and comfort her until propper medical aid could arrive or someone that could help me carry her off to find someone that could help.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: I would search out story tellers. All stories have value make believe or not and all hold my interest. I would sit and listen, and ask questions when appropriate. If there was no one of this sort I would tell stories about my travels. Doing my best to lighten the mood of the crowd and make them forget their troubles.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer:

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer:

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: Great them as family, those who come from the North remember the North. Even after so long away from home the traditions and customs of my people have not been forgotten. I am sure that once they realize I am one of them there will be no issue and I can pay my way through the night and for food by doing what ever work needs done or entertaining the occupants of my logging.

Small note:
As he studied in medicine for years it would make sense for him to know the basics of the healing arts perhaps become a small time physician.

Last edited:

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

Though your application is by no means the best in records, I'll allow you on the server as you seem like you know what you're doing regards to roleplaying(from what I can tell by the in-character parts and my conversation with you). Though I have a couple notes to make...
1. Generally, you should spend more time on ToB applications should you ever write another(intrigue, noble or staff). I definitely like to spend my sweet time on them.
2. Instead of guessing terms, try researching them -- you still have a chance to look into Mary Sues before logging on the server. :)
3. The current skin on your application is unacceptable, but I assume you've already fixed it per my request through private messaging.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.