IV39

Sep 13, 2020
York
Minecraft Username(s):

IV39

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

bccb9946-60fc-4d9d-95df-5b8577ab2aee

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

I do

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

I was looking for a realistic minecraft server and i came across this one

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

I have played games like dayz, survive the night and Arma 3 with all have there fair share of Rp
Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

To immerse yourself in a role and become and live as the character would to make a story for you and those around you come to life

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

An over powered character who doesn't really play fair and may also be someone who tries to force others into rp situations they may not want to be in

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

To use external/ outside knowledge to effect your character and there choices

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

A perfect character with no flaws or weakness, players/ characters like this normally make rp with other less interesting and can make things like growth and character development pointless or not even happen at all.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

Out of character, when your not speaking in character
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

Its a mask, has an actually face aswell

1599958851976.png

1599958876199.png

Name:

IV

Culture:

Northern

Can your character read and write?:

no

Story & Biography

He was the son of a traveler who went from place to place around the Northern Summit, getting into fights was the norm for him. There wasn't a day that went by when he didn't have a black eye or a gash from a knife wound on him. He was though eventually thrown out on his own, after he had gotten into a heated argument with his father over a young bear cub. His father had no intention of keeping such a beast around with them, so he simply snapped the bear's neck. IV filled with rage, broke both his fathers hand and his younger bothers nose, and proceeded to run off. Although he had no job nor family, living was no different for him, as he'd grown up hunting for food himself as soon as he could remember.

As expected from someone like this, he was soon picked up by a group of outlaws in the Flintfolk region. Although they were only small time outlaws, he had a lot to learn from them: how to act and blend in was the biggest of them all. But only a year or two later and he was doing things and crossing lines that even the outlaws wouldn't dare to do. But that would all came to an end when he broke into the local priest's stable and decided to kill all of the horses leaving behind 'IV' on the wall out of blood. The priest soon released a capture warrant for this 'IV' for 100 Kura. The group of outlaws after seeing this, chose to give him over as he was simply out of there control. So the same night they knocked him out and handed him over to the priests. The priest knew killing him wasn't the way of 'The One' , so he improvised. He had his face dripped in alcohol and lit on fire, until he had passed out from the pain, he then put out the fire and threw him out onto the streets. A week or so later, mask maker had crossed the path of IV and out of his pure disgust after seeing his face, he made him a simple mask so he could cover his melted face. But that didn't teach IV his lesson, oh no, he wanted more.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition.

-IV watches as the thief fleas from the scene of the scene, takes one look at the finely dressed women, covered in blood. And decides to run after the theif. Soon catching him up, he tackles him to the ground, as he then starts to beat the man mercilessly, until he no longer moves. He starts to dig around the mans clothing taking anything of value on him. And then, he continues on his way.
Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I would spend my time looking for a way to sneak out of the camp and into the city.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-IV Stare at her for a moment, and without a word he takes the strange looking food and runs for it.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-IV walks towards the man, axe's in hand and with a smile under his mask. The cry and despair of the man, music to his ears. He drops both his axes and starts to beat the last man with his fists until there was no more crying and screaming, just silence. He gazes up and sees another force moving towards him. Delighted by such a thing, he picks up his axe and starts hacking off the mans head. He proceeds to throw the head towards the on coming men, as he charges in right behind it.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Wager anyone who would accept to a fight and if win i get to sleep in there house and if i lose id give them everything i had on me

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your powergaming definition is good in a general sense, but needs to be expanded upon for a multiplayer roleplay game.

2. Your mary-sue definition is short. Try to touch on specific effects of the mary-sue, such as how they affect people around them.

3. You do need to show me the head of your skin, please send me a message in discord or on the forums with the head. You could also attach it here if you do not mind.

4. Your character biography fails to use any server lore. We do require the use of at least two items of server lore. One can be a location, and one must be something else such as religion or animals. You can find the lore here. https://taleofbanners.com/forum/categories/official-canon-lore.158/ (Official Canon Lore)

5. Your answers to the questions are all very short. Please answer at least three questions as if you were in a multiplayer rp scenario. Use emotes, quotes, and act like your character would. Don't just dictate the actions of the character.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.