ACCEPTED Jeda's Whitelist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeda

Feb 4, 2017
Knoxville, OR
OOC Information:
Please try your best to use proper grammar and correct spelling mistakes. This is a roleplay server and if accepted, writing will be your main form of communication while online.

MC Username- Jeda_UW

How old are you?- 25

What is your favorite color?- (I can't really chose but mostly its) Pink, blue (true blue), light green (mint mostly) and Purple

Have you read and agreed to the rules?- Yes sir/ma'am

Have you REALLY read the rules? If so which one do you most agree with?- No meta, appropriate skins, no excessive swearing.

Are there any changes you would make to any the rules?(if so why?)- Maybe no sexual talk in the global/public chat?

How did you find Tale of Banners?- Searching up: Fantasy Minecraft Server(s)

Do you have any experience with other roleplay servers if so which server(s) and for how long?- ThroneCraft, for about a month or two.
Definitions:
If you don’t know any of the definitions feel free to look them up just make sure you understand them and write them in your own words.

What is Roleplaying?- Roleplay is a concept when you create characters and create stories with other people. They can be of any genre and are fun to develop stories with.

What is Metagaming?- It's like breaking the fourth wall with your character, they can see others thoughts and emotions without it being made known to them in any way besides the reader and writer.

What is Powergaming?- I believe it's what people back in the early 2000's called GodModding? When you have an over powered Character, i believe. An unbalanced character who forces actions onto other characters without the writers consent.

What is OOC, IC, and IRL?- OOC: When you are talking out of characters (mostly in parenthesizes) IC means In-Character, to be in character, to rp or continue to rp. IRL means In-Real-Life, as in Real Life exp.: I have a quiz irl tomorrow.
IC Information:
Here is where you actually describe and create your own character. Be realistic! Follow the lore, and make sure your character makes sense and is someone you want to play as.

Characters Name-
Saoirse
Characters Age- 18
Characters Race- Oserian
Characters Sex (Male or female)- Female

Characters Biography-
Soairse was born in the year 1129, to her mother, Marinda, and her father, Avery. She was born in their home in Oseria, in a small cottage that was one room, but quaint for a starting family. However before Marinda could have any other children, Avery soon had an affair with a woman from Dunsgate, and left her and Soairse to live alone. Marinda didn't know how to farm, Avery did, so instead of starving, at the age of 6, Saoirse and her mother started to make quilts and small things like hats and aprons to sell to vendors in Dunsgate and further on. Soairse had seen most of their land before she was 10! When her father left, it left a big, traumatizing foot print into her memory. She didn't like to see her mother scrap and work her fingers to the bone on quilts that would only sell for a measly loaf of bread. Her mothers quilts and wares had love in them, and many people only saw her as someone not worth their time. After that, Soairse vowed to protect her mother on the road and to swear off trusting humans ever again. On her trips she had stolen and pickpocketed, when she was founded, her mother said something she would never forget: "Don't let this world make a fool out of you, i know you can do better." She had to try harder for her mother.

Soon, around 17, her mother grew ill, and now is slowly dying. Her mothers wish is for her to: Go and live. Do not let anyone run your life, or hold you as if you are a wild bird in a cage. Be you, be Soairse; Soarise has now been wandering the lands, trying to find out what her true purpose is. Human life is fleeting, she knew her mother would die someday. She had to go on living, she had to find a purpose. She didn't realize, however, that it would be a journey of self growth and learning to trust and love others. She would learn to not hate humans, but have compassion and an open heart.

Character Traits & Ambitions-
Strong: She is stronge willed, and hardly falls to temptation. However, this doesn't mean she is never tempted. She is quite tempted with theft. She grew up mostly stealing, but as she got older, she held it back on herself from her pick pocketing days when her mother found out she had been doing it, and was caught doing it.

Quiet: She doesn't speak often, if not at all, she's not really mute, however if she has first met you, she won't speak, she mostly expresses her emotions through her eyes and expressions. When she laughs she tries to silently laugh, she doesn't cackle.

Cautious: She hardly trusts others, she is alert to things like trickery and even theft, most of the time. She is a very light sleeper and always sleeps with a dagger by her side. Her mother often wonders why she is so secluded this way, there shouldn't be any real reason for it, right? She's not insomniac, but hardly sleeps a full night, most sleep she gets on average is about 4-6 hours, she's always in bed when it's dark and up when it's dark. She will check out where she is sleeping frequently, not because she's scared but because her Caution and other trait go well together--

Alert-- Her senses are Keen and she is quite agile, Her speed may not be the best but she sure has a lot of endurance, which helps her stay more alert and focused on tasks at hand. If she is delved into a book, not even a bear bashing on a door would deter her from finishing a chapter.

Kind and Protective-- Despite being so hot headed, cautious and doesn't trust others easily, to the ones she is close to, she is kind and protects. However, as her mother and her travel quite a bit, she stop and help an old man who has fallen or a child who scrapped their knee. She sees elders and children, as well as animals and nature, very innocent and worthy of help. She, however, does not trust men, older woman or even girls or boys her age. She protects her mother at all costs, even if someone she has never seen comes up and asks for directions, who is over 20. She always loves to wind down at night and cuddles to her mother. If only she could break that shell and be more kind to those who need it as much as her...

Characters Strengths and Weaknesses-

Strengths: Agile, endurance, dagger and bow. She is very keen on tracking as well. She will rescue children and elders as well as animals from harm. She is kind and protective of the ones she loves, you wouldn't want to be on the other side. Passion to do what's right, and because of her mothers wisdom and life, Soairse has also learned how to sew, but not knit. She is terrible at it.

Weakness': She is too quick to judge, she acts instead of ask. She can be too sensitive and strong willed. Her passion is both a weakness and strength to her. Too much passion could lead her to destruction. She needs to learn to be more of a rational thinker instead on acting and doing things all for emotions sake.

Characters appearance (Be descriptive)- Dark red hair, mute-pale blue eyes, she's short and built curved but muscular, she has long shaggy hair to her hips, her skin is tan from being out in the sun so much and her stature is short, around 4'6''. She wears all brown, with her legs and arms covered.

Please provide an in game screenshot of your characters skin here…..

Role-Playing Scenarios:
These scenarios will be used in order to test your role-playing abilities. Please answer any 3 of the 4 scenarios listed, and remember to complete these scenarios in as much detail as possible.

[1]

Your character finds themselves in the middle of an arena with nothing more than a robe on their back. As you character looks around there is what appears to be a spear on the ground approximately 15 meters ahead of them. They’re not the only person in this arena however, with several others scattered around the arena. Each member in that arena is trying to get that spear. How does you character survive this ordeal?

Soarise looked around her, they were covering almost all corners of the Arena. She had to get that spear, it was life or death, quickly she dashes for the spear, just as others had begun to do. Lowering herself close to the ground, she tries to pick up space. Someone kicks her legs, and she falls. She slides in the sand face first.

Grunting, she gets up to see the person who kicked grabbed the spear and tried to fight off the others. One gets stabbed in the leg, another smacked in the face with the butt of the weapon, at this, Soairse moves. She removes the robe and dashes towards the fray. She quickly throws the robe over one persons face and pulls them backwards, using the rob as leverage, knocking the man over. She gets up and jumps, grabbed one end of the spear.

The person throws her, but she isn't down so easily this time, she gets up and whistles to the man. After taunting him with expressions, she finally convinces him to angrily throw it. Putting the robe in front of her, she lets the spear go through it, and with this is able to catch it more easily on the other side. She twirls the spear so the head stands up towards the sky and she runs for it. Victor in the end.

[2]

Returning from the tavern after a long night of drinking, your character passes through the streets and alleyways on the short return home. However, on the way you hear a woman in distress coming from around the corner. The woman is being robbed and is clearly distraught. What does your character do next?

Soairse heard the woman scream, and turned to look, but hardly blinks as she turns to walk off again. However, when the woman screams louder, she can't take it anymore. She turns and rushes the man, blinding him with her arms wrapped around his head. He lashes and cries out, trying to make her let go, even slamming her up against the wall didn't work, though it almost did threaten to take the wind from her lungs. She climbs up higher until she has full leverage to his head, and then punched a vital point that was under the collar bone but above the breast, when the man is caught off guard and he is forced to submit, she grabs the purse and gives it to the woman. Then she rushes to lady to run, without saying a word.

[3]

On the road going passing from Oseria to Crosia, your character gets lost and ends up at Crookmire Swamp. Although lost, your character decides to stay the night in Crookmire and continue their travels in the morning. After a few hours your character begins to get hungry and heads to a local street vendor. The vendor offers you some baked goods, however warns of out of body experiences if they are to eat this food. What does your character do next, and how do they react to this situation?

Soairse, if hungry, doesn't think to well. However, she doesn't think this is quite likely and foolishly will buy the food and eat it, despite the aftermath, she hardly regrets it. At least she didn't starve.

[4]

In the midst of battle, your character finds themselves next a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly upset as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see your character with sword in hand, but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. What does your character do next?

Soairse, even in the heat of battle and bloodied, wouldn't hesitate to kill them. However, if it wasn't for the very fact that the man had no fear of death, and held his dead companion, she would have struck him sooner, without a weapon a man was weak, and it would have been easier to cut him down where he sat. However, out of this respect and bravery of facing death, not caring if he had died or not, she couldn't bring herself to slaughter someone with such a daring heart. She may not understand much of human compassion except her mother, but she did understand a soldiers heart. No Fear of death. Like a wolf. Her hand shakes, trying to cut the man down, but she stays her hand. Her heart was saying it wasn't right, after all. She just let them go and goes after others who are more deserving of a painful death.

Any extra information you would like to add on your application? [Optional]:

If i had made minor mistakes i would like to know, i rather fix my mistakes than to just be denied. However, i am not the owner, i just ask for some help as well, this is slightly my first time doing this. ThroneCraft had nothing like this. Not as detailed anyways!

Thank you for the oppertunity!

NTE_Killer4life

Dec 17, 2015
USA
Hullo, I am NTE and I shall be reviewing your application today. I apologize for the long wait. I have been dealing with "things" irl that have been keeping me from my computer for long periods of time. I hope you are aware that the server is not yet complete and it will be a bit of time before anyone is able to roleplay on it. I do hope you are patient enough to wait until that day comes.

One note I should add. You did not need to do all 4 of the scenarios.

The application has been...

ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Tale of Banners, the wonderful world of Esna.

Status
Not open for further replies.