Apr 25, 2020
Sweden
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

Answer- John_Snow13

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer- 7ac7ade0-3688-40a9-9f5f-6dc48a28bac8

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer- Im 18, turning 19 in August.

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes i have read and understand the rules.

Do you agree with the server rules?

Answer- Yes i agree with all the rules.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer- I was bored and looked up fantasy rp servers on google.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

Answer- I have experience in RP on other games like Arma and Gmod, perhaps not the same as MC rp but still rp.

Additional Information: (If any)

Answer- None i can think of.

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer- Taking the role of a character who you are not in real life.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

Answer- Making RP decisions that makes it so you win or get it the way you want by extending the power your character actually has.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

Answer- Using knowledge the player has but not the character, for instance if you learned something trough discord dms and use it in an RP situation.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer- A Mary Sue character is a character that is too perfect and has more or less no flaws.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

Answer- OOC stand for "Out of character" and is used when the player wants to take a break and get out of RP.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- 2020-04-25_13.47.58.png 2020-04-25_13.47.58.png

Name

Answer- Imrahil Cliffvale

Answer- 25

Culture:

Answer- Northerners

Story & Biography: Born the only child a night plagued by a most terrible blizzard his parents named him Imrahil meaning white flame in a language now forgotten. Trained in the ways of survival and swordsmanship from an early age by his father to manage in the frozen highlands of the north. At the age of 18 his village was visited by a plague who caused the death of most elders and older members of the community, but also caused the death of his beloved father and mother.
Overwhelmed by grief and anger Imrahil packed his bags and left the village to live in the wild to find a purpose in life. After a month of harsh survival in the wilds he had come to the conclusion he must live on his fathers legacy that was swordsmanship, and so he grabbed his longsword by the hilt and traveled south to unknown lands he had never visited before to take up work wherever he could find it, as long as it involved combat.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer- I just got out of the tavern so im most likely intoxicated, fighting is never a good idea when drunk. I let the thief run away with her belongings, after all life is of higher value than materialistic things. I run up to the woman and rip some cloth of my shirt and carry her to my lodgings, after putting her somewhere comfortable i clean her wound with alcohol. After she has awoken i leave her to rest and set out to investigate the crime scene so i might be able to get her valuables back.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer- Surviving in the wild for many years i have grown accustomed to waiting, i walk into the camp and talk to the locals for a place to stay. When i get shown to a tent for a small fee i make sure to stock my wares in a safe place and sit down with some refugees and talk about some of my stories. Perhaps i make some friends aswell, it is never a bad idea to have friends all around the continent.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer- I take the food but i do not eat it, i will not risk my life for a hungry stomach, and so i sleep unfed. In the morning i will continue the hunt for food and only eat the crones gift is absolutely necessary.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer- In mercy of the soldier i cut him down with 1 deadly blow and close his eyes and leave the battlefield. Better to save him the despair of being crippled and full of grief, may he be reuinted with his fallen brother wherever they end up.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

See our Discord for more information on the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.