United States of America
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-Johntham

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-5889b709-4b6a-47f3-b207-f271babe9ee9

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-I looked up Minecraft roleplaying servers

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Yes, I played on RPGuilds for about 4 years which had high standards for roleplaying and was also a Medieval RP server

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-When a person becomes a character that is not them self and interacts with something as the character the person is playing.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-When a character in roleplay has unreasonably strong powers, abilities, or intelligence that far outmatches everyone and is not a written part of the lore. For example you cannot instantly kill a bear by flicking it.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Metagaming is when you use information that you gathered out of character (OOC) and apply it to your in game character. For example, if you see someone hiding because you see their nametag, it would be metagaming to intentionally move around the hiding person as your character in RP would not be able to see nametags.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-A "Mary-Sue" character is a character who is literally perfect and has no character flaws which goes entirely against reality, as literally everyone has a characteristic that is negative. This character is specifically tailored towards morally good characters. If you put a negative character trait for your already perfect "Mary-Sue" character, it cannot be "cares too much".

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-The abbreviation for 'OOC' is out of character. This means that you are not currently roleplaying as a character. This can be used to discuss combat, arguments, or other conversations that would not be appropriate in RP. Information collected out of character CANNOT be used in character unless you take the proper steps for your character to discover such information.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-https://imgur.com/a/UqDg64y

Name:

-Junica Ravenwood

Culture:

- Northener

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

Junica is the daughter of a shipbuilder and a town guardsman. Her father, the guardsman, taught her how to fight and to stand up for herself against others. Her mother, the shipbuilder, taught her how to read and write from an early age so Junica could grow up and learn how to build the best ships. She didn't get the best education due to this so she's a slow reader and often times gets words mixed up. Punctuation and spelling are not her strong suits, however she can get her point across while writing. Her mother would often take Junica with her to gather resources for the ship building because Junica's mother was very passionate about her work and had to make sure the resources were high quality. Junica never really liked these trips, however it taught her how to mine and chop wood. Junica's father died when she was 14 because her father went to a bar to stop a bar fight, however got caught up in it and got stabbed multiple times in the stomach. Junica never truly got over her father's death and she will lash out against anyone who is unappreciative of their parents. Thankfully for Junica however, her mother was able to take some overtime and the family remained financially secure. Junica and her mother fought often due to Junica's wanting to explore and see the world while her mother didn't want another death in the family because Junica was the only child. At the age of 17 Junica began working with her mother building ships, but Junica hated it. Junica gets seasick very easily and finds building ships boring and pointless. So, when Junica turned 19 she left the town and has been exploring abandoned ruins and taking up odd jobs in taverns ever since.

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- run after the thief and take out a dagger of my own. I lose him, however a minute later I see him stumbling with a key ring trying to get into a building. I run up to him and tackle him, the jewelry spilling all over the floor and his dagger landing a few feet away from him. I put my dagger to his neck and question him about the lady in the alleyway. This has attracted the attention of the guards, who now stand above me with swords pointing towards me as they shout "Drop the knife and let the man go!" I drop the knife and the man runs away with his keys leaving the scattered jewelry. I attempt to explain the situation to the guards, however I am tied up and brought to the local jail with the guards laughing and saying "Tell that to the judge."

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- I would first make sure my wares are secure, as a refugee camp seems like an easy place to rob traders. I then take out my journal and write about my day and express my extreme complaints in my writing. If someone were to read this journal they'd have a very difficult times because words are spelled wrong and my punctuation is all over the place, with some entries only being depicted with poorly drawn pictures. I sleep early, hoping that I can be one of the first people at the gates in the morning to be able to enter the city.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- look up to see the enemy forces advancing, knowing that I cannot keep him prisoner. I point the sword at him and thrust at his neck thinking "These monsters would have done the same to me these monsters would have done the same to me these monsters would have done the same to me these monsters would . . . " I stand there, looking down at the two dead soldiers and I take the sword of the soldier I had killed. I then run as fast as I can back to my military battalion's retreated position. I didn't get any sleep that night.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- I explain how I am from a nearby village, as I myself am a Northener. I ask for residence at a tavern or inn, however I realize that this small town does not have an inn with a place to stay. I go to a local shopkeeper and explain my situation so he offers me a night of food and stay at his house for a reasonable price. I thank the man and eat dinner at the table with his family, telling his two children stories about my adventures as a wanderer. I give the children small charms that I handmade for luck, and go to sleep on a pile of straw. The next morning I say goodbye to the family, and promise the children to see them once again. I pack up my things and continue on my way, having a better sense of direction since the snowstorm ended earlier that morning.

The End! Once you have completed this application and post it here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/whitelist-applications.13/ (Whitelist Applications)

Our application team will look at it as soon as possible!

Your application may be put onto pending when amendments are needed. Once you have amended the changes please notify the application team member by replying to the thread. The Application Team will then will review your application again. You have 14 days to make the amendments before the application is denied.

Thank you for applying for Tale of Banners!

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Your roleplay definitions are spot on.

Your biography does not contain any direct server lore but I can see from the amount of detail in your bio and responses that you have a good understanding of the concept of roleplay in MC.

Your character has red eyes and is wearing armour, I suggest changing the eye colour to a more realistic shade and keeping in mind that rules on armour on base skins may change in the future and I advise using a skin that represents items you may have in game.

Note your character will need to apply for an intrigue application before you can commit villainous actions on the server, this can be found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.