Poland
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- Jorewin

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

- 07ccbc2f-99c1-435a-96ab-0e386212eb94

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes, with each and every one of them.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- Found it on planetminecraft while searching for an interesting role play server.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- Some pen and paper rpg's mostly in Polish.

Additional Information: (If any)

- I normally speak Polish, so i may be a slow typer.

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).​

What do you define as roleplaying?

- Well, for me it's creating a character and then trying to behave like this character, just like an actor.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- It's telling something like it already happend, without waiting for the response and consent of the other player.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- Not seeing the line between out of character talking and roleplay talking. If someone tells you OOC that he is going to rob a bank in your session, then metagaming would be for example to use this information and try to stop the robbery, basically your character can't know something that was said OOC.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- A boring character, but boring in a bad way. Overpowered, godlike, without any bad traits, and most importantly without a solid backstory to back it up.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- Out of character, chat or a conversation that you can use to talk while not roleplaying.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.​

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-1588000032987.png
Name:

- Merni Havenhelm

Culture:

- Flintfolk

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)

- Merni is the youngest son of the great Havenhelm family, the family once known for excellent quality herbs production. He was the only one that escaped the fire in which all the rest of the family died. When his tribe learned about it, they thought that because of jealousy towards his more talented siblings, and Marni's arsonistic tendencies, it was him who burned the house. At the age of 15 he began his journey around the nothern lands, trying to learn the secrets of explosives, leaving black marks on the ground of every place that he stayed in. The only thing that he managed to take with him was a book containing medicine recipies, but he lacked skills to prepare them, and the access to the recources was hard. Always on the road he started to learn how to fight, and after learning the basics, he became a guard for hire. This job provided him with money to travel further and work in hopes of making his dream of restoring lost abilities come true. Merni tries to avoid the confrontation when he sees it, fighting only when necessary (pretty often), as he is aware of his poor swordsman skills. It's hard for him to start trusting a stranger, because of the trauma of being pushed away, but he can be a good friend to the ones that he knows the most. During his constant experiments he managed to figure out basics of medicine, what helped him many times on the road. After some time he got a cart of himself and started selling goods of varied quality to people whom he met in towns and villages.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions

Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- It's too dangerous to sneak to a guarded city with a cart containing many weird substances so Marni tries to sell part of his experimental medicine to a wounded man who is laying in the floor. "Hello good man, may I interest you in some medicine to ease the pain?" says Marni presenting little bootle with green slimey fluid inside. "And why would I buy some weird stuff from a stranger who doesn't even have a licence? Especially when there is a town medic over there and he will take care of me sooner or later". "Well..." says Marni "You've got a point but It doesn't seem like you will be still concious when he gets here based on the lenght of that queue over there. My product is 70% alcohol. Can something like this hurt you even more than you are hurt already? What about this, I'm gonna give you a discount. Only half the price and that's my final offer.". "Egh.. fine, give me this and get out of my sight". After finalising transaction Marni nods, takes his cart and goes in a direction of another potential buyer...

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- "Well if I cook it for long enough it surely won't hurt me, but if you say so maybe a little discount for a hungry traveller?" After that Marni tries to find a place to do what he said he would do, but finding a dry spot on a wet swamp ground, turned out to be a much greater challange than he previously expected. Eating the food unprepared sounds like a bad idea, so he decides to do a little experiment and try to cook it with explosion. "Eghh why did i close this jar so tightly.... oops" The jar falls to the ground and breaks. The liquid starts to heat up and eventually produces a strong blue light and a hit wave, knocking Marni unconscious and burining all the food that he've bought potentially saving him from something bad that could happen as a result of eating it.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- Marni looks if he got time to do what he have planned to do, and after a moment of concideration, he kneels down near the mourning soldier, tries to split him from the dead body, and after doing so he talks to a man "Listen, we have to go if we don't want to end up like him, I will help you walk if you agree to, but otherwise I will have to leave you here. He is dead and nothing is going to change that", soldier still tries to mourn a fallen warior. Marni then takes one of his bottles hidden safely behind his belt and throws it on a dead body, which in return catches on fire immediately. The soldier starts to look at Marni with hate and says "What did you do?! I'm going to kill you for this!!!" The soldier despite his wounds begins to chase Marni who has already started running in the direction of the enemy in order to join the fight and try to get the soldier involved in it too..

Last edited:

Frigated

Admin
Developer
Sep 7, 2015
England

You’re almost there! Your application is pending. There are a few things that need to change for a final decision.

A very strong application & have strong understanding of all the roleplay aspects. I only picked up on two issue which was in your characters creation.

Please make the below amendments to your application:
1. You mention your character comes from a family who sells gun-powder. In our lore gun-powder has not yet been invented therefore this would be an un-viable history. Feel free to change the industry to something else and you will be accepted.
2. Could you find a more Medieval looking skin to fit the lore of your character?

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made this change and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible. If there is no amendment within 7 days the application will be denied & you will need​

Jorewin

Apr 26, 2020
Poland
I changed the skin, but I left my favourite head so I hope that's okay (I will change it if it's necessary). Also Merni's family produces medicine and herbs now, and Marni's hobby of creating somehow unstable products is more of a separate thing, but is also a result of failed experiments. I'm also aware that to make an actual fire on the server I would have to have some level of intrigue accepted so I'm not planning to do so in a near future.

Frigated

Admin
Developer
Sep 7, 2015
England

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

Just a tip for an immersive experience, the majority of user skins are of Medieval origin & mouths are central / lightly shaded so it fits with the servers aesthetic, this is your choice however.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

See our Discord for more information on the release!

Status
Not open for further replies.