ACCEPTED - Justmad's Intrigue Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Justmad's Intrigue Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2020
NJ
Minecraft name:

justmad1101

Character name: Asher Finton

Character history:
Please include minimum of 3 detailed paragraphs containing build-up for villainous intent and an early history of the character, from this players should be able to see why your character is like they are and what has caused them to do what they do.

Asher is a twin. His twin's name is Jasper. Their parents, Sigmund and Valkyrie, are northerners from the midlands who moved near Flintswood when their first child, Eir was born. They wanted to settle where they could be left alone and forgotten as they raised their child. However, with the plague still ravaging the world, this proved to be an impossibility. As Eir came down with The Great Death at twelve years of age, Valkyrie learned she now bore twins. Choosing the fates of both her husband and daughter, Valkyrie sent them off to find jobs in town to support the growing family. Unbeknownst to the family, with the plague killing the majority of the people around them, desperation was rising. After a month of this endless labor, Eir began to succumb to the Great Death. Her veins popping and skin started to calcify, she was confined to a bed for the remainder of her life. The day after Eir's burial, the twins were born into the curt-tails of these disasters. They spent their first few weeks crying for their mother, who was distraught with grief, but eventually came to their aid. There was one more disaster yet to occur. On his way home one night after laboring in some field all day, Sigmund was making his way home with what little coin he had made only to be jumped from behind by a man in a cloak. There was a slight altercation involving a blade that switched hands multiple times leaving both participants bloodied and dying. Sigmund dragged himself home, having outlived his assailant, and banged on the door. Valkyrie rushed over, cautious with opening the door at first until she saw her husband dead with his fist clutched around the coins outstretched towards her.

Unlike his brother, Asher was taller and even more fit. He grew up doing construction and farming, at age 12, to help provide for his family. At 16, his mom passed away from an unknown disease which forced Asher to find a more lucrative job. This would be the fighting ring that he would join just so he and his brother could afford shelter and food. This is where he learned to be an exceptional fighter and how to defend himself against all sorts of threats. One night, after leaving the hidden fighting ring in the middle of the woods, Asher stumbled upon an injured wolf. At first, he was poised to kill the beast for meat, but the look in its eyes was one of fear. It was just so... vulnerable. So, he chose to aid the creature. Upon bringing it home, both Asher and Jasper treated its wounds to help it heal. Soon, the she-wolf grew to be a part of their family, as if it was their mother's spirit watching over them. To respect where their parents' hailed from, they named her Bear, which was a rare beast that could be used for protection in the north. Every weekend, Asher, along with Jasper, goes to the empty graves of his sister and parents to place black roses, two to be precise, in memory of them.
Both brothers always pray to the spirit of Feynir to protect their family in the afterlife.

"I think it is time to move on from this wretched town. Bear can be our bodyguard out there, so we would be safe. With our skills, I think we'd be able to make it out there- and there can be a little excitement for once. You in?"
Says Jasper after catching Asher after a fighting match.
"Of course I'm in!" Asher replies as he catches his breath and wraps his knuckles. "When have you known me to back out from an adventure? Let's just go grab our gear and money from the house and leave at dawn."

Characters personal strengths and weaknesses:
Well rounded character balance is a big part of being an enjoyable villainous character. (I.e equal strengths and weaknesses)

Strength: Melee Combat, Can read and write, Strategizing, Hunting, Survival, Animal Handling, physical strength

Weakness: Range, Stealth, Uncharismatic, distrustful, Overbearing moral compass except in war

What tier of intrigue are you hoping to achieve for your character, and why does your character deserve that tier?
Please list each tier and a short explanation of why you feel your character has developed some of the attributes found within the tiers.

Trying to go for tier 2

Tier 1: My character has developed attributes found withing this tier because he grew up pickpocketing people and smuggling so he could make extra money for his family.

Tier 2: He has developed attributes in this tier because as seen before he is willing to do anything to survive and to make money to provide for his brother.

In what way do you believe you can contribute to the server’s roleplay by getting an accepted Intrigue application?
(Only include this if this is your first time making an intrigue application.)

I can contribute to the server's roleplay if accepted because even though Asher has dabbled in illegal trades, he has given most of it to the poor and to help him and his brother survive. Asher can be seen as a robin hood type character because of this.

Do you understand that villainous roleplay on the server is taken very seriously, as it comes with a lot of power? And do you understand that doing things your character is not allowed to do may lead to you getting blacklisted from making further villainous characters?

Yes, I understand that villainous roleplay comes with a lot of power and take it very seriously myself. I also understand doing something not allowed can get me blacklisted from making further villainous characters.

Do you also agree to your villainous character permanently dying if killed through roleplay?

I do agree because this is how I would do it anyway.

(Only applicable for intrigue tier 2 or above, if you’re just applying for tier 1 do not include this)

Additional information:
This section can be used for additional information about the application, if necessary.

Asher can be seen as more of Anti-hero because of his morals and how he approaches performing illegal acts.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
Your character Asher has been granted Tier 1 Intrigue status. You may now Pickpocket, and Smuggle (and Sell Illegal Goods).
You have not been granted Tier 2 Intrigue status at this time. If you can show that you are willing to act beyond simple self-defense and survival you can be given higher tiers. You can roleplay or provide me a more aggressive backstory to achieve this. As an example, in your section to show why you should achieve tier 2, you said he'd be willing to do anything to survive, but tier 2 is more related to aggressive actions rather than self-preservation. If you can show unprovoked aggression or even excessive violent behavior, you can easily be approved for higher tiers.
Please keep to the Intrigue rules as you commit villainous acts, and remember the reasoning laid out in this application for why your character commits these acts.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask me or another member of the App Team.
I look forward to seeing Temür in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.