NJ
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-justmad1101

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-3a2ff3c5-4a93-4657-864d-cbac81439522

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-Friend

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-yes. Ex. LOTC (Lord of the Craft) and discord rp.

Additional Information: (If any)

-

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- to act like someone else in a game or chatroom

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- When someone doesn't listen and will not let something and happen to them

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- when you use outside information apart from what you got yourself

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- a character that is not flawed and is so perfect it is unbelievable

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- OOC means out of character and should be used when you are talking to someone out of character

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- https://www.minecraftskins.com/profile/4395818/justmad1101 (justmad1101's Minecraft Skins) (I could not get a screenshot)

Name:

- Asher Finton

Culture:

- Northern (Midlands Folk)
-Grew in Flintfolk

Can your character read and write?:

- Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits, and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)

- Asher is a twin. His twin's name is Jasper. Their parents, Sigmund and Valkyrie, are northerners from the midlands who moved near Flintswood when their first child, Eir was born. They wanted to settle where they could be left alone and forgotten as they raised their child. However, with the plague still ravaging the world, this proved to be an impossibility. As Eir came down with The Great Death at twelve years of age, Valkyrie learned she now bore twins. Choosing the fates of both her husband and daughter, Valkyrie sent them off to find jobs in town to support the growing family. Unbeknownst to the family, with the plague killing the majority of the people around them, desperation was rising. After a month of this endless labor, Eir began to succumb to the Great Death. Her veins popping and skin started to calcify, she was confined to a bed for the remainder of her life. The day after Eir's burial, the twins were born into the curt-tails of these disasters. They spent their first few weeks crying for their mother, who was distraught with grief, but eventually came to their aid. There was one more disaster yet to occur. On his way home one night after laboring in some field all day, Sigmund was making his way home with what little coin he had made only to be jumped from behind by a man in a cloak. There was a slight altercation involving a blade that switched hands multiple times leaving both participants bloodied and dying. Sigmund dragged himself home, having outlived his assailant, and banged on the door. Valkyrie rushed over, cautious with opening the door at first until she saw her husband dead with his fist clutched around the coins outstretched towards her.

Unlike his brother, Asher was taller and even more fit. He grew up doing construction and farming, at age 12, to help provide for his family. At 16, his mom passed away from an unknown disease which forced Asher to find a more lucrative job. This would be the fighting ring that he would join just so he and his brother could afford shelter and food. This is where he learned to be an exceptional fighter and how to defend himself against all sorts of threats. One night, after leaving the hidden fighting ring in the middle of the woods, Asher stumbled upon an injured wolf. At first, he was poised to kill the beast for meat, but the look in its eyes was one of fear. It was just so... vulnerable. So, he chose to aid the creature. Upon bringing it home, both Asher and Jasper treated its wounds to help it heal. Soon, the she-wolf grew to be a part of their family, as if it was their mother's spirit watching over them. To respect where their parents' hailed from, they named her Bear, which was a rare beast that could be used for protection in the north. Every weekend, Asher, along with Jasper, goes to the empty graves of his sister and parents to place black roses, two to be precise, in memory of them.
Both brothers always pray to the spirit of Feynir to protect their family in the afterlife.
"I think it is time to move on from this wretched town. Bear can be our bodyguard out there, so we would be safe. With our skills, I think we'd be able to make it out there- and there can be a little excitement for once. You in?"
Says Jasper after catching Asher after a fighting match.
"Of course I'm in!" Asher replies as he catches his breath and wraps his knuckles. "When have you known me to back out from an adventure? Let's just go grab our gear and money from the house and leave at dawn."

There is an application for Jasper because he applying as well to play my brother. His user is TrueParanormal.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-Hearing my brother call out to me, I nod in his direction and take off running after the hooded figure. Ducking and dodging through stalls just outside of the alley I manage to catch up to him and tackle him to the ground. After a short struggle, as this man is clearly not strong enough to take me, I rip his weapon away from him and pin his arms to the ground. Not allowing this jerk to have a chance at getting away, I slam his head into the ground and knock him out. Then, I'd take the stolen possessions and return to the woman.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-Angry at the situation, Asher joins his brother and looks for another way in. He begins looking for cracks and broken areas in the walls until Jasper points out where a less guarded wall is. After considering buying a rope from one of the merchants so my brother and I could climb over the wall, I decide it would be simpler and less suspicious to haul myself up the wall and pull my brother up after me. My brother suggests bringing some of the other poor souls but I decline and say that would be too noticeable. He would agree.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- Upon hearing the last bit of information she tells me about the food, I politely decline and begin packing up my stuff. I walk through the swamp until I can no longer see what I would presume to be some sort of witch or monstrous hag. As I set up camp, I would send Bear out to scavenge for some food. After I finish with the camp, I would aid in her search. Once a few hours have passed, we would stumble upon a carcass and decide to take that back, though it may be disgusting. At camp, I would craft a fire to cook with in order to avoid a disease that may be within the beast and for a half-decent dinner.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers' pocket. They continue to cry and start calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care about your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-Upon seeing this, my mind would go blank as I brought my ax down onto the soldier's neck. His death would be as quick and painless as I could make it. I begin searching the bodies for anything useful and pocket any money for myself. Once this grizzly task is done, I would head to the nearby woods to meet with the rest of the group and my brother. After actually seeing the battlefield, I would plan a strategy to take out the enemy forces-ambushes being my preferred style. It allows for both intense action and advantage! I would command for one of the men to disrobe themselves, so they seem to be just a simple peasant. They would then be told to wait in the open for the enemy to find, effectively distracting them. Once the opposing forces stop, I would charge with my allies from the sides and back, forcing them to fight multiple fronts and have a limited escape.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what has felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few meters ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection, you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- I approach the village cautiously to see if it is anywhere I recognize or have heard of. Upon, closer inspection I realize it is my parent's old village and begin to approach more leisurely. As I approach the people of the village come out of their house armed and ready for a fight. After seeing this I stop walking and call out to them yelling my parent's names. One of the older men lowers their weapons and walks towards me. Once he reaches he gives me a hug and pats me on the back telling me he's sorry to hear what had happened to my parents and sister. Seeing this the rest of the town lowers their weapons and invites me for a drink at their local tavern. We spend the night celebrating their lives before the passed and discuss what the future hold for my brother and me.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.