DENIED KingDenas Whitelist Application

KingDenas

Jun 13, 2016
Earth
OOC Information:
Please try your best to use proper grammar and correct spelling mistakes. This is a roleplay server and if accepted, writing will be your main form of communication while online.

MC Username- KingDenas

How old are you?- 13

What is your favorite color?- Red is a nice color.

Have you read and agreed to the rules?- Mhm.

Have you REALLY read the rules? If so which one do you most agree with?- General rule 9, not nearly enough people use it in my experience.

Are there any changes you would make to any the rules?(if so why?)- No, seems pretty articulate and well thought out.

How did you find Tale of Banners?- Just started looking through google search results :)

Do you have any experience with other roleplay servers if so which server(s) and for how long?- I was on and off Romecraft for about 2 years, and on Age of Adventure from about February of last year until around February of this year.
Definitions:
If you don’t know any of the definitions feel free to look them up just make sure you understand them and write them in your own words.

What is Roleplaying?-
Roleplaying is taking on the persona and mannerisms of a character, fictional or otherwise, and living as them either through LARP, a board game, or through online rp.

What is Metagaming?- Metagaming is using OOC information IC, such as if someone said in OOC chat "Meet me in the town square" and then your character went to the town square with the intent of meeting their character there.

What is Powergaming?- Powergaming is forcing the outcome of a situation, such as doing *stabs him* rather than *Attempts to stab him*

What is OOC, IC, and IRL?- Out of Character, In Character, In Real Life
IC Information:
Here is where you actually describe and create your own character. Be realistic! Follow the lore, and make sure your character makes sense and is someone you want to play as.

Characters Name-
Tytos of House Caunter

Characters Age- 19

Characters Race- Oserian

Characters Sex (Male or female)- Male

Characters Biography (This is where you can get creative. Write down your characters story from birth to present time. Use lore and follow the server timeline, and events. Must be a minimum of 2 paragraphs long)

Tytos of House Caunter, was born to Adhemar, a minor Lord, whose allegiance in the civil war lay with the Horwynes, who was tucked away far from the capitol. His mother died in childbirth with him, her first and only child, for which Adhemar resents him to this day. As a boy, Tytos was surrounded by tutors and nannies, anything to keep him away from his father, who was always marching with the army or too preoccupied to see his own son. Perhaps this contributed to Tytos'... nature. You see, without a strong masculine influence on his life, Tytos was never taught how to fight and was never a child to play outside. Instead he turned to books, and his tutors, for company and entertainment. He would spend hours reading about the tales of past Kings, or working at his studies.

When Tytos came of age, his father sent for him to join him on campaign against the Gritts and Rutherns. This delighted Tytos to no end, ecstatic with hope that his father had finally acknowledged him and allowed him to be his son, for once and for all. When Tytos arrived at the Horwyne camp however, his father found him to be weak, scrawny, and entirely effeminate. But when battle began, Tytos revealed his tactical skills. He led the army to victory. But Adhemar's advisors were jealous of the young noble's success, and counseled against him. Adhemar listened, and ordered Tytos to leave, and make a man of himself elsewhere, and to never return unless he commanded an army and held great martial prowess. This headstrongedness and the ease to which the advisors could manipulate Adhemar is perhaps what lead to their defeat at the hands of the Rutherns at Dunsgate, and allowing them to amass an army.
Character Traits & Ambitions- Tytos is very ambitious, but can be blindsided by attempting to appease his father. He wishes to make a name for himself as a scholar or advisor, but his father wishes him to lead armies into battle. He is a scholarly man, not much concerned with war or battles

Characters Strengths and Weaknesses- Tytos is a clever young man, and is very vindictive if you cross him, but showers gifts upon those who are loyal. He is an able administrator and commander, but could be easily overcome in battle himself. He is, at times, arrogant, and can be absorbed into things very easily, making him a bit... scattered.

Characters appearance (Be descriptive)- Tytos is relatively tall and very lanky, at 6', he would command an imposing presence if he were to possess a larger build, but instead his scrawniness makes for easy mockery of the young nobleman. He is not bad looking, per se, but is not especially handsome. He possesses blond hair, and piercing blue eyes, the former of which he keeps relatively long, giving him a somewhat daring appearance which is lacking on the rest of his body.

Please provide an in game screenshot of your characters skin here…..

Role-Playing Scenarios:
These scenarios will be used in order to test your role-playing abilities. Please answer any 3 of the 4 scenarios listed, and remember to complete these scenarios in as much detail as possible.

[1]

Your character finds themselves in the middle of an arena with nothing more than a robe on their back. As you character looks around there is what appears to be a spear on the ground approximately 15 meters ahead of them. They’re not the only person in this arena however, with several others scattered around the arena. Each member in that arena is trying to get that spear. How does you character survive this ordeal?

[2]

Returning from the tavern after a long night of drinking, your character passes through the streets and alleyways on the short return home. However, on the way you hear a woman in distress coming from around the corner. The woman is being robbed and is clearly distraught. What does your character do next?

Time Period: After Scenario three
Tytos stumbled towards the alley, following the sound, but as he turned the corner, he sees a large figure near the woman, brandishing a knife. Aware of his poor combat skill, he'd stumble, as quickly as he could back to the tavern. "Any man who wishes to enforce the King's Justice should follow me!" The taverngoers look at him, and break out in laughter. Tytos turns red with embarassment, and pulls out a sack of coins, looking towards two thugs nearby. He'd gesture to the gold, then to the door, and wordlessly, they follow him out into the night. They make haste in their drunken state towards the alleyway, where they find the robber turning the corner, Tytos would shout "Seize him!" and they rush forward, grabbing the man, who does not realize what is happening in time. Tytos turns the corner to help the woman, but instead finds a tragic sight; the woman's body, lying on the ground, stabbed in the stomach three times. "She's dead!" He calls out to the men. "We have to see the commander of the watch, no more blood should be spilt tonight."

[3]

On the road going passing from Oseria to Crosia, your character gets lost and ends up at Crookmire Swamp. Although lost, your character decides to stay the night in Crookmire and continue their travels in the morning. After a few hours your character begins to get hungry and heads to a local street vendor. The vendor offers you some baked goods, however warns of out of body experiences if they are to eat this food. What does your character do next, and how do they react to this situation?

Time Period: After Tytos' expulsion from his fathers' court

"So you intend to sell me food that will make me insane for a short time?" The steet vendor would nod with that winning smile on his face. Tytos grumbles, looking around for other food, but sees that the other vendors have closed up shop and gone to sleep. This was his only option, he sighed. "Fine, but how bad are these experiences?"
"Have you ever had my goods before?"
"Nay."
"They can be very frightening if you eat too much at once, but if you take a bit at a time it should last you through the night until you can find some normal food."
"Very well then, I shall take two biscuits please." The man would nod, handing over the biscuits as Tytos hands him two silver coins. Tytos returns to camp to find his personal guard drunk and passed out, and sighs heavily at this sight. He eats a biscuit and prepares for the experience... and nothing. He'd been cheated, and he was looking forward towards the visions. 'Oh well', he thinks, happy and disappointed at the same time, and drifts off to sleep.
[4]

In the midst of battle, your character finds themselves next a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly upset as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see your character with sword in hand, but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. What does your character do next?
Time period: The War of the Three Houses

Covered in the blood of his comrades, Tytos approaches the soldier, whose haunting wails echo across the field, or perhaps just in Tytos' head. He knows that if it comes to it, even he could defeat this emotional wreck, but he feels a strange compassion for him.
He'd pull out his canteen of water and offer it to the man, but he ignores it in favor of his fallen comrade.
"You'll die if you stay there"
"H-he's my little brother, I can't leave him here."
"Nor will you. We both want to get out of this battle alive, and get him a proper burial. You need to get him home and tell your parents, no? And who will do that if you're both dead?"
The man would look up towards Tytos, with confusion.
"We're on opposite sides..."
"Yes, but my personal cohort of guards is dead and I want to get out of this battle alive. If you'll join the Horwynes and swear fealty to house Caunter, I'll get you out alive and we can bury your brother and not leave him here on this godsforsaken field..."
The man would think on this for a moment, torn between honor and family. As this exchange takes place between the man and Tytos, a Gritt warrior comes charging at Tytos, having heard of the young lord's military incompetence, and recognizing him without his helmet. Tytos stumbles back, turning tail and fleeing, but then he hears the running behind him stop. He looks back to see the Gritt warrior run through by the man, who kneels before Tytos, pledging fealty to House Caunter and agreeing to join Tytos' personal guard for the remainder of the battle. They fought their way back to the Horwyne-Caunter command post, and sent out men to retrieve the man's brother, before parting ways at the end of the battle. At the end of the war, the man was killed by Ruthern forces at the Second Battle of Dunsgate, protecting Tytos to the bitter end, before Lord Adhemar Caunter surrendered to the Ruthern forces and was spared, unlike his liege lord, Lord Horwyne.

Any extra information you would like to add on your application? [Optional]: I sent a PM to Lastdash about the noble part, so I'm waiting on that.

Attachments

NTE_Killer4life

Dec 17, 2015
USA
Hey there! I am NTE_Killer4life and will be reviewing your application today. :p
Your application has been put on.... PENDING
  • The only issue I see is the Noble Status. Your backstory is very well written, but you should alter it to your character to be claiming to be a noble from somewhere else or simply a soldier. You cannot just have the noble rank thrown on your lap without any work.
Other than that, the application is very well done. You have 48 hours to alter your backstory and other parts of the application with the noble status.

Failure to do so will result in denial of your application.

Reviewed August 6th, 2016 TIME: 12:19 PM EST

Last edited: