United States
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-kingn0x

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-684c4e59-5602-4913-97ed-93b5eb1d1946

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-searching for a whitelisted roleplay server

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Recently all ive played is LOTC, I used to play Age of Adventure an old pirate roleplay server, and quite a few old modded roleplay servers around 2014. I also play gmodRP (the more serious side not DarkRP) and have played some FiveM GTARP.

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-taking on a role as some sort of character

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Powergaming to me is when you give your character all these advantages such as making them a king or queen before ever even playing on the server. Or just making your character be able to knock someone out in one punch or something stupid like that.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Metagaming is when you use outside information that you didnt gather in character to use in character to your advantage.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-I have never heard this term in roleplay, but from what I've looked up it is a character who has almost no flaws and is perfect in every way?

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-Out-of-Character, i believe this should be used when talking to staff or just telling someone they are great at roleplay or something like that.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-

Name:

- Ulric Winfielde II

Culture:

-Oserians

Can your character read and write?:

-yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
- Ulric Winfielde the II was born into a middle class family in the Oserian Plains. As a commoner he worked along side his father, Ulric Winfielde, as a tailor. He learned to read and write as a child, and was growing up to become a good tailor, and was expected to take over his fathers tailoring business when he was of age. When he was around 16, he had become addicted to alcohol, alcohol was found almost everywhere in his town, so it wasn't hard for him to get his hands on it. By 18 he was kicked out of his own home.

Almost five years later, he is still an alcoholic, but trying to better himself. He lives as a peasant and works low paying jobs. He wants to change his life for the better, and work to become wealthy and never live in poverty like he did for those 5 years of his life.
Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-Walk up to her and attempt to talk to her, but slur your words pretty badly. I want to help her, but are unable to because of how drunk I am. She tells me to get away from her, so I then just try to find a place to sleep for the night.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-In the meanwhile I chat with the other refugees, we get drunk together and have a good time as we wait to be let into the city. I do not attempt to sell my wares for now, as it will be much more profitable once I am allowed entry into the city.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-As hungry as I am, I think to myself, "How bad can it be?" I wish I never had bought it, I gobble it down when I get back to where I decided to settle, and go to sleep. I have terrible nightmares that night, and wake up in the pitch darkness to the sound of branches crunching nearby. My head is throbbing, and I feel nauseous. The sound of branches crunching gets closer to me, as I attempt to stand up, but vomit all over the ground beneath me. I see a dark figure move in the bushes to my left, and I grab my shit, and run. I run and run while my head throbs. I eventually cannot run anymore, and fall to the ground and pass out.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-I look at the soldier, "You and him will meet in the heavens." and put him out of his misery with a quick slash to his head. I then head back to regroup with my forces not thinking much of it. This is war after all.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-I head into the center of town, and beg one of the strangers to let me rest at their home. They want me to grease some palms. I tell them I do not have anything of value on me currently, but I lie and say that I have a large shipment of wares passing by here within a few days, and will be sure to stop by and give them a large portion of it. They agree, and let me stay the night till the snowstorm has passed.

The End! Once you have completed this application and post it here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/whitelist-applications.13/ (Whitelist Applications)

Our application team will look at it as soon as possible!

Your application may be put onto pending when amendments are needed. Once you have amended the changes please notify the application team member by replying to the thread. The Application Team will then will review your application again. You have 14 days to make the amendments before the application is denied.

Thank you for applying for Tale of Banners!

Lena

Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

I enjoyed reading your application! A very well developed character that fits right in with the servers lore!

Your definitions are all very accurate, forcing your actions onto others without giving them a chance to react is indeed powergaming.

I also liked your open ended questions, good interaction and descriptions! ^^

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Our next major event will be on the 16th of May at 9PM BST!

Status
Not open for further replies.