United Kingdom
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- LakeRunnerHD

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

- 265036a6-1d43-43d5-8eb3-9b0672471cfb

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- Google (Searching for RP Servers)

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- Playing on TheSpiffingBrits Hardcore RP server.

Additional Information: (If any)

-N/A

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- Where you play as a character in a fictional setting. All your decision making, etc is done as what that character would do, rather than yuorself.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- Where you priorities your actions over the general flow of the server. Such forcing yourself upon someone to find out dirt on another person in the villiage

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- Whereby you use outside knowledge (not known by your character) to gain an advantage in game. I.e: Using google to look up specific information to help you get something you might not have been able to get.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-A character who is perfect in every way, and will look out of place. Especially in a fantasy setting. E.g: a character who always hits their target.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- OOC stands for Out Of Character. Whereby you break character. Only when you need to say something you don't want your character to say.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- Characterr.jpg

Name:

-Alexia Valguard

Culture:

-Northern

Can your character read and write?:

- Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
- Alexia (Lexi for short) was born into the Valguard Family. They are one of the many families who work in the iron mines. Lexi grew up in the mines, helping her parents where she could. Once she turned 18, she started working full time in the mines. She was very lucky, and was taught to read by a merchant passing through the mining village. Both her parents were killed by a group of hungry Grulk when she was 20. The memories still haunt her to this day. She has some trust issues, and hates when people interrupt her.

She spends the majority of her time in the mines, and he rest at home, reading. Her ambition is to earn enough money to leave the mines and head to blistering hot deserts of Esna, and work for a gem miner. She would much rather work in the heat, than the cold.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- I call out to my friend who I was drinking with. They rush to the woman's aid, whilst I chase after the perpetrator. I catch up to him and leap onto him. This knocks him to the ground. I quickly sober up and disarm him. I proceed to knock him out. I throw him over my shoulder, pick up the jewelry and return to the woman. I give her te jewlry back and take the hooded man to the nearest guard.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- I sneak around the walls looking for a way in. I stumble across what looks like the sewer out of the city. I proceed to jump in and wade my way through into the city limits. After some time, I find a ladder leading out, so I proceed to climb out. I soon realize I am in the guard courtyard. Several guards turn around to see where the stink is coming from. So, I proceed to make a quick getaway. Luckily i manage to lose them through several alleyways. I then proceed to acquire new clothing and sell my wares. To exit the city, I find another entry point to the sewers and make my way out of the city.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- I approach the village cautiously to see if it is anywhere I recognize or have heard of. Upon, closer inspection I realize it is my parent's old village and begin to approach more leisurely. As I approach the people of the village come out of their house armed and ready to kill me. After seeing this I stop walking and call out to them yelling my parent's surname. One of the village people approaches me and realizes who I am. The atmosphere quickly changes, and I'm given the help I so desperately need.

Lena

Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Your definitions could use some work but I can see you understand the general idea of them.

Your application has a few spelling mistakes but I can see a good understanding of English language. Please keep in mind other players may expect a high standard of spelling and grammar when on the server.

Your character may want to apply for an intrigue application which can be found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)

All in all an acceptable application! Welcome to the server!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.