ACCEPTED lakshmana's application

lakshmana

La-la da-dum dee da.
Oct 6, 2019
Aus
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - lamellar, forgot another username. Will inform once I have it.

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 746db61e-fe8c-44a1-a461-ce415ca28411

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 19

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - I have

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - I do not agree with one rule, being the PVP. I'm no advocate for or against PVP when it comes to role-play, I understand there are venomous people who are just wanting a rush of adrenaline instead of dealing with role-play combat. I would suggest that instead of it being forced upon at five people, it would be preferable if it was raised to at-least eight or ten. Main reason is, if this is an actual high-quality role-play server people should be put under the impression that they are capable of role-playing by default, and not some crazed player verse player lunatic. Second reason is, event-team members can and have put up with larger magnitudes of players, if they and participants are equipped to deal with large event fights, why should 10 or 8 be any worse?

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I searched up medieval fantasy RP servers.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - 5 years.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Refer to my suggestion to the rule.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Integrating yourself into a character and arc that flows dynamically therein creating a story, where by no means is connected to the feelings of someone out of characterly.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Doing something in character that is impossible and/or goes over the red-lines set by their race, ability or event taking place. An example being, Thomas equipped his sword and decapitated Lara with one foul swing. Problem lies where he gave the other person no chance of counter-play.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Taking information that is provided in an out of character sense, and using it in role-play without prior knowledge. For example meta-gaming the entire lore of the server, and applying it to an omni-potent character.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - Playing god, perfection, unrealistically playing yourself in an out of character fantasy.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -

1570351428811.png
Name:

Answer -Aania

Answer -

Culture:

Answer - Mildly Korsian

Story & Biography:

Answer -
Borne of two parents along a coastal region of the Sandlands. The birth of Aania was nothing short of a festival, as were many child-births wherein she was to grow up. Music, foods and activities alike but to the newborn Aania it was all a blur of-course. Bathed in lightly perfumed oils, dotted with incense and ink. Within her early years, she grew accustomed to the constant twang of metal being beaten by the mallet of a hammer, within the peripherals she caught vision of sparks from the smithy. It was not unruly for a girl to be invested in some smithing, as some in her area grew up to become jewelers or boast fine wood-working skills- yet she wanted the metal.

Over the years, it became apparent she was the odd one out, instead of learning how to use carpentry tools the girl was learning how to refine a shape and treat it with oil. It came to fruition that she became soon adept with the craft to the extent that she was allowed to craft a request from a nearby person of Importance. When she reached her early teenage years, she was invited to test her mirth in a sparring competition where all could compete, where she lost despite the tone put upon her body through smithing. Where lessons were learned, she was invited into a local militia where she trained as a foot-soldier for three years, nomad-lifestyle that took her from her hometown to the far-reaches of the swamp.

.. .. tbc

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Aania quipped for the woman's aid, reaching for a small roll of linen wrought about a leather thing. The sun-kissed woman had not forgotten to identify who had stolen the damsels things but went about applying pressure to the wound.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer:
Both opportunities are taken, at first Aania approaches upon one of the many poverty-stricken men, asking them variety of questions before moving on to the shops after giving a silent prayer.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer:
Pass it by, giving a silent nod of thanks.
Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: Even in the middle of a strewn battlefield of limp cadaver, the woman showed mercy. With blade and shield in hand, she took to the defenses and assisted the men and women of her ilk.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: Being used to walking but not the frigid temperature, Aania feels forced to take the opportunity. Not wanting to look as a burden, the woman provides several compromises such as assisting with the locals until the weather passes.

GreenHarmony

Wet Bread Crumb
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

First and foremost let me say your application's been a nice read. To answer your inquiry about the five person PvP rule, it's in place because my and other admins' experience deems it so. I have moderated enough crowd fights - ooc chatter overshadows the actual roleplay and makes it hours longer than it should be. On the counter argument, I can think of five roleplayers I know that could deliver such a fight well without issues and without even needing any staff intervention, but the odds of those five people meeting and delivering that soothing experience are low. Players are generally rooting for their character more than the overall story/roleplay experience. All things considered, no one will force PvP upon any crowd which can agree to not take it to PvP but rather roleplay it out. Majority vote still takes the cake, though.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.