Jul 29, 2020
Panama city beach florida
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

Lichking9099

Full UUID for your MineCraft account

11be1c5f-580e-4222-b997-a21234819dda

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules?

yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

I was looking for medieval servers.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

No I do not.

Additional Information: (If any)

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

It is when someone is acting like someone or something they aren't, for entertainment.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

It is trying to maximize progress in an unfair way.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

It is when someone uses knowledge they have that the character they are playing would have no knowledge of.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

It is a character that is made to be better than everyone else just because their creator want's them to be.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

OOC means out of character, and should be used when you want to say or do something that your character wouldn't naturally do
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 4.59.42 PM.png
Name:

Niclause

Culture:

Oserian

Can your character read and write?:

No

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

Niclause was born in the Duchy of Avendale, to a poor barber and his wife. they had a relatively peaceful life, but even still he lusted for adventure. one day a bandit came to rob them, his father too afraid of them to say no cowardly said "yes sir, take all of our money." that was when his mother rushed out with a pitchfork and stabbed the bandit in the stomach. or so she thought she realized that he was wearing protective armor only after it was too late, the bandit rushed an killed Niclause's mother with a dagger and his father with the pitchfork his mother tried to kill hime with. This whole time Niclause was tending to the farm. When he got back he was horrified, not only was he stranded with no parents who cared for him, he also no longer has any money, food or clothes he only had the clothes he was wearing. Even though he knew there was nothing he could do he still blamed himself. Ever since that day he vowed to work to rebuild his life and start a new.
-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

I run and call for help frantic and not knowing what to do. after I calm down people have already noticed what has happened and are trying to help the girl. I just sit there stunned as I thought of my parents. after this is all done I go back to the bar and drink till I pass out.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I see If I can sell the things I was bringing to the merchants. after tons of failed attempts someone finally took pity on me and bought it for half the price I asked for. I was still thankful because at least I got some money. I spend the rest of the time sleeping with the others.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

decline and try to find some other food. after a while I find a small rat on the ground. I cook it over a torch. After a while I deem it edible, thinking this must be better than that food the lady was offering I take a bite and instantly spat it out it was so gross I couldn't keep it in my mouth. I somehow forced it down my throat. I felt it wouldn't last long so I went to sleep before I could puke it out

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

I spare him because I have little opinion on the war and why would I kill a man while he is grieving a fallen comrade. as the enemy troops approach I hide as best I can and narrowly avoid getting caught because of the man I spared leading them somewhere else. I fall asleep eventually while crying and begging my god for my life. I awake to the clashing of steel and I run while their distracted.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I get on my Hand and knees begging for shelter, after Minutes on end of me pleading one kind person invites me in. I fall asleep very quickly and when I wake up the rest of the village wants me to leave, plead again but this time they don't let me. I go back out and somehow I walked in a circle and I got beat up by the villagers as I return.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your powergaming definition is lacking in the multiplayer roleplay context. Expand on it in this way.

2. Your mary sue definition is short and doesn't explain the full context of what a mary sue could be.

3. Your bio does not use our cultural lore, and in addition is quite short. Expand on your biography and use the information found in the cultures to help you with this.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Time has expired for the response.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!