ACCEPTED Lijart Reinald - Character application (SSELESSTIN)

Nov 14, 2020
Montreal, Canada
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

• SSELESSTIN

Full UUID for your Minecraft account(s) (Found here):

• 4409cf36-d19a-4854-bfaf-97698efb13ef

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

• Yes I did

Do you agree with the server rules?

• Of course

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

• I was looking for a medieval roleplay server and I just found the website on internet.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

• I have a lot of experience with roleplay but not in Minecraft, this will be my firs time

1. Garry’s mod SCP roleplay (Moderator for a 40 player server, The server is dead now. This was my first roleplay experience and it was in french)
  2. Another Garry’s mod SCP roleplay in french. Never moderated on this one. I had about 40 hours on it
  3. Discord Naruto Roleplay as a moderator for 40 players. This was my first long roleplay with an in-depth character and in English. (6 months)
  4. Discord Death note roleplay as the owner for 40 players for about 2 months.
  5. Discord Demon slayer roleplay, this was my first roleplay with very long monologues (3x 30 paragraphs in a week)

Additional Information: (If any)

• I haven’t roleplayed in almost a year
  • I Am 15, I have school and my schedule on the server will get impacted by it.
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

• Performing a character to be part of stories.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

• Forcing a roleplay action on someone else without their permission. (For example in a fight, if I was to decide what my opponent dodge and what doesn’t it would be powergaming.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

• It’s using information that your character shouldn’t have known. For instance, if my character is killed and that the killer isn’t made known, I shouldn’t be able to know (with another character) who killed my previous character.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

• I didn’t know about this one so I looked it up: It is a character that has socially extreme traits before even roleplaying. This doesn’t let place for other characters to grow beside them.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

• “Out of character” means any situation where someone isn’t playing his/her character. It is often used to design discussion that isn’t currently in roleplay.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

Name:

• Lijart Reinald

Culture:

• Oserian

Can your character read and write?:

• With difficulty, yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits, and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

Lijart grew up in a family of hard workers. His brother and he were working on the farm to provide for their father who was sick with pneumonia. Their mother was taking care as much as possible of her husband. The price of food had gone way up after the recent famine of 965, however, crops we’re hard to grow and therefore they weren’t making that much more money.

When his father died due to sickness he left to go study with the monks, Lijart was always very religious and followed The Path of the One like everyone he knew did. Studying with them would mean learning how to write and read which was his main goal. This way, he’d be able to get a better job in the city to help provide for his family. He learned everything there was for him to learn as a religious member of the cult. At 27, he learned that his brother had died from pneumonia therefore he had to stop his studies to go help his mother at the farm.

After a few months of working at the farm, his mother killed herself. Weirdly enough, Lijart wasn’t in shock. He already knew that his mom had depression since her husband died and the death of her son hadn’t helped at all. Lijart took over the farm for two years before leaving it all to go back to his religious studies. However, he wasn’t able to go back with the monks because they had refused his request to rejoin. They already had enough students and Lijart was too old to continue as a religious man in the city. His only hope was to become a priest outside the city but as he didn’t finish his studies he wouldn’t be able to.

He left for a better life, doing any jobs for a certain amount of money or food. He currently wanders from Dunsgate where he lays his hands on whatever merchandise that he could eventually resell and doing whatever job that has a nice reward. He also travels a lot threw the Oserian plains helping farmers with their land for a reward.

-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

• I scream, not out of fear but to alert everyone. “HELP, SHE’S HURT” I then run for the murderer not worrying too much about the women as my character doesn’t know what to do in this situation. My character is still running for the murderer but he doesn’t have a weapon and he’d like to avoid any fight as he doesn’t know how to fight. Lijart also calls for help, “THAT’S HIM! HE’S GETTING AWAY!” he’d run for the murderer just so other people could spot him. Once, the guards will be after him he’d leave.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

• My character is not patient at all, he was planning on selling the pottery quickly and leave but it apparently won’t be possible. He tries to sell the wares to the others in the refugee camp and they’re bought quickly. Some busy merchant immediately buys them to resell them. He then uses the money to buy new clothes.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

• I don’t buy it, I don’t know much about the people here but I heard the rumors...She is probably one of those bandits. The meal might be poisoned and I don’t want to take the risk even if it means starving. Lijart leaves the place being careful thinking about the bandits. He then finds a good spot where he will be able to sleep, he’ll look for food tomorrow...
Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

• Lijart never wanted to be there, however, he does know that his comrade will have died for nothing if they lose this battle. He takes his swords with two hands and rushed towards the enemy to finish them. As his swords goes down his enemy neck he mumbles a brief “sorry” and finishes the opponent. He then goes back to join the formation preparing for the next attack as a tear of sadness goes down his cheek.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection, you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I ask for food and lodging not paying attention to the look they’re giving me. Am begging them, trying to negotiate a price for the lodging. I don’t have anything on me and I plan on leaving before the sun rises.

Last edited:

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Admin
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1.Your bio does not use any server lore. You need to use two items from server lore at least. One must be something other than a location. This could be something such as a type of organization, a religion, or an animal for example.You can find accepted canon lore here:
https://taleofbanners.com/forum/categories/official-canon-lore.158/ (Official Canon Lore)

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Nov 14, 2020
Montreal, Canada

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1.Your bio does not use any server lore. You need to use two items from server lore at least. One must be something other than a location. This could be something such as a type of organization, a religion, or an animal for example.You can find accepted canon lore here:
https://taleofbanners.com/forum/categories/official-canon-lore.158/ (Official Canon Lore)

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Changes have been made.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.