ACCEPTED - Liliana (Izzygrace0612) Whitelist Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Liliana (Izzygrace0612) Whitelist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzygrace0612

Jun 19, 2020
United States, New Jersey
Minecraft Username(s):
izzygrace0612
-

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-770919ce-6afe-49fe-b3b8-55aa27c9a09b

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- Yes I have, very thoroughly.

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes I do

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- My friend TrueParanormal mentioned a RP server on minecraft and I was intrigued.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- No official experience

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- I would define roleplaying as the act of taking on a new persona and interacting with others using said persona.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- Giving your roleplaying character as much power as possible, making them over powered. In an online roleplaying aspect, it is a player that has the aim of maximizing progress towards a specific goal, which can be considered disruptive to other players.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- Using information to your benefit that your character shouldn't know.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- A character that is deemed static or boring due to its immaculate nature.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- 'OOC' is also known as out of character, which should be used for any type of conversation outside of roleplaying scenarios
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/14637205/medieval-lady-pt-2/ (medieval lady pt 2 | Minecraft Skin)
this is my skin!

Name:

- Liliana Eve Arkwright

Culture:

- Drahl

Can your character read and write?:

- yes, but self taught so it is a bit on the rougher side.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)
In the Grand Principality of Eslwhine there was a young family, the Arkwrights. Jemaline and Brutus Arkwright were both herbalists, expertly studied in the craft. They were well known in the area, and were a go to couple for anything medicinal. But as a herbalist, you had to be careful, because travelling with herbs was possibly deadly. The couple later on had been given the gift of a child. Liliana Eve Arkwright, she grew into a lovely young woman, her parents never believed that she had to read so during the late hours she would sneak into the library and teach herself to read as well as study different medicinal practices like her parents had. As she grew older so did her knowledge of literature, medicinal practices. Her parents had set out on a journey to The Grand Dutchy of Amendale to distribute herbs to a sick drahl located in the outskirts, they knew the risk so they left their daughter behind.

The couple set forth, and little did they know it was a trap. The Oserians had planted the note to catch them for their "evil witchcraft" and deemed their crimes fit for execution, leaving an orphaned Drahl, Liliana. After later finding out the news she left her home land and sought shelter elsewhere in the Northern Lands, continuing to study her medicinal practices as well as her fighting skills, just in case, for future purposes. Her main weapon is the sword or a bow, but she is a pacifist by nature, and hates to use force against others. She continues to see the world with a naïve attitude, believing everyone is good until proven otherwise. But she is intelligent, being able to tell when something is off.(She is also 18 years old).

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-Liliana stands there in shock, as the man runs past her, sobered up back into comprehension. She looks towards the left "Oh my!" She runs tripping towards the collapsed woman tearing through the bag she has slung across her torso. "You're going to be just fine love" She pulls out the herbs and the strips of cloth she has on hand, for safety precautions. Liliana stands up and runs towards the streetway of the alleyway "HELLO! I NEED HELP!" trying to alert anyone in the area. She really needed a second set of eyes since her visions were blurring. "I'm not leaving you, not until you're okay." She smiled, with hope laced through her teeth, and her eyes glazed with despair.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- Liliana walked into the camp, anticipating the entry into the Korsian city. She browses the shopping stalls admiring the different goods that are displayed in each booth. After a couple of hours she became bored with watching the never changing windows, and walked towards the refugees and began to talk. Liliana was always an inquisitive one, trying to learn the most that she could in any moment. She learned the stories of the refugees and all the skeletons in their closets. She learned of each of their rich histories, and admired the perseverance in the souls of each one. "Thank you all, for sharing your treasures with me, I will carry them with me, forever." She stood up, waving her new acquaintances goodbye, walking towards the exit.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- Liliana looks down at the man, dropping her sword. She kneels before him, in a respectful manner, joining him in the mourning of his lost companion. She came to realize the concept a soldier and how they are still people, and how people don't deserve this. She reaches her hand out and places it on the soldiers shoulder "I am here for you, let me help you." She smiled at him, her eyes greeting his in understanding. Pulling out her medical supplies, she dressed his new wounds. "Let's bury him, he deserves it." She stands up aiding the soldier in burying their fallen comrade. She shed a tear for not only the soldier, but for humanity, and how it was tearing itself apart.

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your power-gaming definition is lacking in a social scenario. Please review other sources for online role-playing and its use in a multiplayer scenario.

2. You say your character is a Drahl but worked in an abbey. Abbeys are an Oserian cultural inheritance. I recommend you read through the server lore more to find out the religious differences between the two. You may find you have more in common with Oserians, or with the Drahl. If you want, you could say you grew with the Drahl medicine women and men instead. Whatever you think is best.

I can tell you are really excited and want to give this a try. If you need help, don't be afraid to ask for assistance from me or anyone else with these things.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Interesting change of roleplay backstory. Shows me you are adaptable and care about other's roleplay considerations. Excellent application!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
2. You say your character is a Drahl but worked in an abbey. Abbeys are an Oserian cultural inheritance. I recommend you read through the server lore more to find out the religious differences between the two. You may find you have more in common with Oserians, or with the Drahl. If you want, you could say you grew with the Drahl medicine women and men instead. Whatever you think is best.

I have to make a correction on this. Abbeys are a significant part of Drahl culture, and where the Oserians gather their influences from. This was purely my bad.

Reactions: UltimateZZV
Status
Not open for further replies.