ACCEPTED - LodroK's Whitelist Application. | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED LodroK's Whitelist Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LodroK

May 28, 2020
Germany
Whitelist Application Format

Copy and paste this application into a new post on the ‘Whitelist Applications’ section of the forums, place your answers next to the ( - ).

The application is made up of four sections and you must answer everything for it to be accepted.

The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-KordoL

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-e4b33075-469b-4aca-b677-87d4c0ce26db

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes.

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-I get bored and expand my horizon. I have found this via googling the term "Minecraft medieval roleplay"

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- I have been on roleplaying servers for a long time. Examples include:
Die Reiche Erethons (On here I was a regular fisherman who ended up leader of a cult, but then got executed.)
4Walls (On here I was a character who hails from the Nether Dimension and had destroyed any civilazation in the overworld.)
Unicacity (A fisherman who died thanks to street violence in his street.)
Lands of Ezarion (A ruler of an Archipelago that is still ongoing)

Additional Information: (If any)

-

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- Playing a role. If the role I'm playing ,is against what I believe in, I still will reflect the role I'm playing.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-I have experienced powergaming to only a small extend, but I can proclaim this: If your char is able to kill the entire party because of some ability, you are powergaming.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-I have sadly experienced it first hand. When I started, I did it and was fast reminded of this concept. Metagaming is the act of using knowledge outside of your roleplaying experience: If I see on discord that a character is sick and I go into rp and still hold the knowledge of it and use it, I am metagaming.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-Mary Sue is a character made by Paula Smith in her parody "A Trekkie's Tale". Mary Sue is a character with no flaws, being described as "average" and having abilities that should not apply to an "average" character. If your character is able to do anything whilst having no flaws and never losing in any way, that character is an Mary Sue.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-OOC means "Out of character". The OOC chat should be used when there are questions to be asked or for regular conversation. RP-Chat and OOC-Chat are different.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-

Name:

- Lodrok

Culture:

-Drahl, Crookman

Can your character read and write?:

-No.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

Lodrok was born and raised in the swamp of the Crookmire. Growing up he had few friends. Not because of shyness or anything, the Collective Lodrok was born in was
pretty small. He also was quite adventurous, always exploring the nearby swamp and always on board for any trips. He also enjoys the silence of nature. While in his adventurous trips into the swamps and the local administration citie, he would learn fishing, hunting and the art of making a profit (legally). His way of using the market to his advantage doesn't make him particulary wealthy as he rather sees money as something to gift his fellow friends and kin. Throughout his teens and early adulthood, Lodrok would fish with a net made out of Crookmen rope and also use a bolas made out of Crookmen rope for hunting. His catch he would sell at not a high price, but at a good price. The exposure of the markets have also made him quite font of humour, always ready to crack a joke or laugh about one. He himself also has grown slightly sour with his work everyday, as he also wishes to travel around more. This plagues his mind everyday, but he knows he does it for those who he cares about the most. This soon changed. One day, coming back from a bad day of hunting he heard from his friend's family that they have been into what the Oserians believe to be Illegal, so they have been executed by Oserian Guards. This turn of events has made Lodrok not quite fond of Oserians and also troubles him a lot, but he does not show it. Will only Tsarra guide him?

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-After out drinking some dirty Oserians Lodrok walks onto the streets and sees the events unfold. A bit concerned he asks if the person on the ground is okay and even though he does not like the Oserians in the tavern, he asks them for help.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-Lodrok looks around and sees the misery of the refugees. He figurs that a humours and hospital atmosphere is needed and starts handing some of the more unnecessary wares and start talking to the refugees about their misery and tries to help them like if they were his long gone friends.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-eat it. I am a Crookman after all and identify this food immediately as what it is.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-kill him. These Oserians should've not killed my friends if they don't stand losing a close one.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-Better than Oserians. Try to fake and northern accent and stay as friendly as possible.

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

A perfect example of character development within the server lore, well done!

The answers to your questions are a little short, but you answered all five questions and I can see you are capable when it comes to roleplay.

There is excellent use of server lore and history in your application, it was fun to read!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.