Status
Not open for further replies.

MeteorD8

Apr 25, 2020
Universe-0228
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s): Meteord8

-

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here): 1c9dbcb4-890c-4ceb-a706-8b63cfead92d

-

What is your age? 23
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

-

Have you read the server rules? (Found here) Yes.

-

Do you agree with the server rules? I do.

-

How did you hear about Tale of Banners? Planteminecraft.

-

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable) I have played in some RP Minecraft servers here and there, but my main experience comes from D&D.

-

Additional Information: (If any) None that I can think of that might be important in the application.

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying? Playing, "acting" as a persona/character that you have created from the purpose of participating in a story.

-

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words: Disregarding rules and/or logic limitations to make your character gain the upper hand in a situation, or achieve a goal that would be otherwise impossible.

-

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words: Using outside knowledge, as in information that you have and your character doesn't and make your character utilise that information.

-

What is a "Mary-Sue" character? A character that is perfect, and does everything superbly. It has absolutely no flaws what-so-ever, and it's boring to play or witness. Usually a Mary-Sue character is a self-insert of the person creating it.

-

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used? Out Of Character, it is used when you need to talk when not in character, usually to chat or to clarify or ask questions.

-
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.
2020-04-25_23.59.54.png -
Name: Villaro Willoe

-

-

Culture: Korsian

-

Story & Biography:
Villaro grew up an orphan and alone. He was able to get food by working for stores as an extra hand, but since he was a child his pay was meager. While working with merchants for a long time he was able to pick up on the ways of being a merchant. Every day when he had free time he would sneak in and watch the richer kids get their lessons, and that's how he learned mathematics, which helped him drastically to help the merchants and increase his wage.

When Villaro was a teenager he met with an old traveling merchant named Kisras Willoe. Kisras saw the potential in Villaro and took him in as an apprentice. Every day they would travel to interesting and beautiful locations, but to keep Villaro sharp Kisras would test him multiple times every day, and every time it was on something different, mathematics, exchange rates, and other things. As the days turned to years Kisras began to fall ill and was unable to work, and so Villaro took over, as he did Kisras' last name as he was like a father to him at this point. However, nothing lasts forever, Kisras' sickness worsened and he eventually passed away. after holding a funeral for Kisras, Villaro took on the reins of the wagon and began his new life as an independent merchant with the knowledge and experience passed on to him from Kisras.

Villaro always seems to be planning something nefarious; he always has this somewhat unnerving grin on his face. To keep himself sharp and not lose any of his knowledge Villaro would always mutter under his breath numbers and random bits of trivia and information.
-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

I immediately run over to the woman, and check where she is stabbed. I rip off a piece of cloth and wrap it around the wound. If she can't stand up I'll make sure if she can stay awake long enough for me to get help. I run off into the tavern and tell them that a woman has been stabbed and someone needs to call the guards. I would stay until the situation is resolved or the guards tell me my presence is no longer needed.

-

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I would first inspect the stalls and see if i can find anything of interest to resell in the city. Having been in their position before, i would spare a few coins to the refugees who most need it. I would get something to eat, take care of my horse, run inventory on my wares and make sure everything is there, then sit around until i can go inside the city.

-

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what has felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few meters ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I will see if I have anything that I can sell to the villagers, or to at least gain their hospitality. I would tell them of my skills, and if they have any applications for them to utilize, if not will teach my skills of mathematics and the ways of being a merchant so they may use this knowledge wherever they may go, or whoever comes to them with valuable items. If they allow me to keep warm during the snowstorm, I would impart upon them an item that holds sentimental value to show my deep appreciation. This is good as i have created relations with this village that i may use later on.

Last edited:

Frigated

Admin
Developer
Sep 7, 2015
England

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.
There are only a few things to change for a final decision.
Make the following edits to your application:

Overall a very strong application, the only point I picked up on was:

1. Could you please expand upon your Mary-Sue definition. Feel free to research by looking at other accepted whitelist applications.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good Luck!

Frigated

Admin
Developer
Sep 7, 2015
England

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Great application! and a very strong knowledge of how roleplay works in game!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

See our Discord for more information on the release!

Status
Not open for further replies.