A Trash Can
Part 1 of 4
OOC
MineCraft Username(s): MochiTart

How old are you? 13, but turning 14 in less than a month

What is your favourite colour? Most shades of purple

Have you read the rules? Yep!

Do you fully agree to the rules and... Yes
If yes, which is your favourite? Probably no racism. It just happens to be a pet peeve of mine.
If no, what would you change?

How did you hear about Tale of Banners? I searched it as "minecraft fantasy roleplaying servers"

What is your previous roleplay experience? I haven't played any other roleplaying servers on minecraft (many of the ones that I found didn't fit my style or weren't orientated to roleplaying enough), but I have played lots of D&D with my older sister, and have played many MMORPG's independent from minecraft (though from the looks of it not as roleplaying centered as this server will be)

Is there anything you would like to add?

Part 2 of 4

Terms & definitions

What is roleplaying? Acting as a character in a story

What is powergaming? Being only focused towards an endgame goal and focusing on nothing else. For example, a starter player might want to join a top ranking guild or faction.

What is metagaming? Using information that is outside a character's knowledge to give it an advantage.

What is a Mary-Sue?
I've only heard the term a couple of times, but I'm pretty sure it means the "perfect" character, who doesn't have flaws or anything. Basically an overpowered character.

Part 3 of 4
Character
MineCraft skin's screenshot: http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/d5...IY6QMxYDeHbOsM_dSPqtxdV-6EkXm54dQa818DNdJzv2I

Name: Arynn

Race: Oserian

Story & details:
From birth, Arynn has lived a rather peaceful life but a restricted life. Despite appearing as a normal village girl, Arynn was always made fun of for being too polite and kind. While the rest of the children ran around causing trouble, Arynn stayed at home watching from the window in the cottage. One day, when a group of bandits decided to raid the village, Arynn was inspired, and surprised, of her father's and swordsmanship to be able to fend off the local raiders with the help of a few other villagers. The same night, Arynn begged to be taught by her father, but he adamantly refused her request.
About a year later, when Arynn was just barely a teenager, her mother died from giving birth to a younger sister. At this point, her father finally decided to train Arynn in the ways of fighting. However, Arynn found these training sessions much more intense, and she felt even more restricted than before. Arynn always cried in frustration every time her father managed to disarm her, and cried even harder when she realized she wasn't even strong enough to wield a proper sword. Her early failure to become a swordswoman only led the other children in the village to bully her more, despite them not knowing how to wield a sword, or any weapon for that matter, at all.
As Arynn grew older and matured, she became less clumsy and stronger. Each strike slowly became more precise, and she slowly grew faster on her feet as well. Overtime, it was eventually she that disarmed her father, and the tears she once shed turned in to pure focus and determination.
On a fateful night, her father had left with a hunting party. However, the hunting party returned with severe wounds. When Arynn realized her father did not return, she knew exactly what had happened. Arynn grew furious that the party had refused to even bring a body back, refused to even bring back anything to remind her and her little sister of. Her father was all that was left to take care of both Arynn and the younger sister, but now he was gone too. That same night, Arynn went to the blacksmith and stole one of his better swords and left the village, leaving her sister with the physician's family, the only family that treated her nicely. After taking a couple of rations from the house, Arynn left and tried to find a new life.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spare(if applicable).
Q1
You find yourself in an arena surrounded by high sandstone walls. Much like all the dozen of strangers in the arena, you only have a robe - the single weapon is a spear on the ground, in the very centre of the arena. You are a short sprint's distance from it - closer than most of the others - but even so the others have already spotted it and are running to grab it. They seem to be ready to fight for their lives. You...

Arynn, who was never adept at wielding a spear, realized that wielding the spear herself would make her useless and pathetic looking. She then decided it was best to avoid the others until she figured out a better plan. But one thing she knew for sure was that if she didn't fight at all, she would leave this arena as a ghost. As fallen corpses and blood began to fill the arena, it wasn't long before it was just her and the spear wielder left.
As the spear wielder charged towards her, Arynn realized that he wasn't very fast. and was soon able to whirl around him and kick him in the back. The spear wielder grunted and stabbed Arynn in the arm, who let out a shriek of pain. However, while the spear was still in Arynn's arm, Arunn quickly took the spear's handle and pulled it out of her own arm with a cry. Arynn was able to pull the spear out of the wielder's hand, and with her foot, she swept him off of his feet. With a cry, Arynn took the spear and thrust it too the fallen stranger's chest, and removed it once he stopped thrashing. Exhausted, Arynn fell to her knees and rested against the spear, who's head stuck to the ground tip up.

Q2
You're heading home after some drinking at the tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Despite wanting to give the thief a good beating, Arynn knew that the woman's life was more important than the jewels that the thief had taken. Arynn quickly went to the woman's side to assist her in her wounds. Seeing that she was traumatized, Arynn gave a few soothing words before she decided to help bring her to the nearest physician. When Arynn went back to the alleyway to see if the thief was anywhere around, she didn't see him at all. Letting out a sigh, Arynn decided she needed a good rest after she returned home.

Q4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You...

Despite being the enemy, Arynn could not bring herself to kill the enemy soldier. She knew the pain of losing a loved one, and she was not proud of being cruel. To Arynn, there was nothing rewarding about killing someone who was already defeated. Leaving him there wasn't any better of an idea, as she would be as letting him die to some other soldier. Finally, Arynn decided to move the soldier and his dead friend to a safer spot under a tree. Giving one last glance at the scene, Arynn left to find another enemy worth fighting.

Verando

Application Team
Staff member
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
Hello! I am Verando and I will be reviewing your application today. You're application has been..
ACCEPTED
I would like to see an expanded background, as yours is a little cliche, but its nothing a little character progression cannot fix, and as such...
Welcome to the world of Esna.

We are hoping to release early next year. PM me or any other moderators if you want more information on anything. Especially lore related.