Jun 21, 2020
Scotland
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- appocalypsedude

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-5119075d-cbf7-471f-9b0c-78be42e7e991

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-I have

Do you agree with the server rules?

- I do

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- I searched for minecraft roleplay servers and came across this one, was drawn in immediately after doing some quick analysis.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- I've played on several MC RP servers before, light DnD experience with friends from time to time and I've played on Garry's mod RP several times

Additional Information: (If any)

-

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- Creating and acting out a character of your creation, acting as they with given traits and characteristics.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- Using everything at your disposal for your own gain, an example being using skills that you possess but your RP character might not to win a certain scenario simply for the sake of winning, acting out of character and coming across as a try-hard

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- Using information your character would otherwise be unable to know in RP situations, and using that information for a unfair advantage.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
A character with little to no weaknesses, seen as perfect with zero flaws.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- It means 'Out of context' and should be used by players when not speaking in character or role play, usually as a way to communicate with other players when not in character.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- 1592773655004.png

Name:

-Torvald Gunderson

Culture:

- Northern (Midlands-folk)

Can your character read and write?:

- He can read but is in the process of learning to write on his travels.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

- Raised in the cold, unforgiving North alongside his two brothers, Torvald has spent most of his life learning from his father on how to survive in such a bleak land. Taking an interest in blacksmithing at the young age of fourteen through daily observations of the village blacksmith, much of his current motivations and goals can be derived from this original hobby, slowly building up the courage to learn from the smith himself, starting out a striker. While progress was slow, and not without failure, his skills grew as did his confidence. Now, as he sets out a year after his father Gonrik's death alongside his brother, he hopes that the skills he has amassed over his childhood will allow him to stake out a living among the cold lands of the North, ever seeking to improve his trade.

Torvald is a reclusive man, standing at 6ft 7 he much prefers to keep to his profession, however two years spent wandering the North with his brothers has started to open up his otherwise stalwart exterior, no doubt due to the need for companionship in these trying times. He is suspicious of outsiders despite this, and will remain on edge nonetheless. He is red of hair which he keeps long, and has a pale complexion much like all Northern folk, along with blue eyes and a well muscled body. His hand are very rough from several years spent in the forge and he has several small scars from the two years spent wandering the North. He is honorable and understands the spirits well, believing that tradition is vital in Northern culture and should be encouraged where possible. His relationship with his brotherr is a close one, having spent his childhood growing up together with () they have forged an inseparable bond, although friendly bickering and taunts are common with the three brothers.

Torvalds blacksmithing skills are improving as he travels the land, much of his initial experience being built upon through his encounters with others of his trade, always eager to learn from those superior to him to in the art. He has forged many different items such as decorative pieces and agricultural tools, but the forging of weapons and armour will always hold a special place in his heart. He has learned the basics of hunting on his travels, and knows enough to survive on the land if needs be, as he has been forced to in recent times. He is skilled with an axe through practice in his spare time, but his technique could use improvement where his strength is not enough to succeed. He enjoys drinking much like all Northern men, although he isn't known to completely lose himself to the drink.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- Rush to the aid of the injured woman, checking her wounds and doing my best to ensure she won't die from her cut. Shout for assistance once the woman isn't in a critical condition and look to pursue the thief if possible, although some time has probably passed since checking on the woman, but at the end of the day her life would matter more than some jewelry, and Torvald would be satisfied that she is safe.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- Understand that the man is defeated and has no intention to fight, it might be possible that he has no will for it. I would quickly assess the surrounding area and find fellow warriors to join, knowing I would be no match for the large group of enemy warriors. Giving one last look to the soldier on the floor, Torvald would back away to the friendly soldiers that would no doubt be nearby, hoping that the day he held a dead comrade in his arms would never come to pass.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- Quickly identify myself as a fellow Northsman and introduce myself and state my intentions. If the villagers are still wary I would explain that I only need shelter from the blizzard and would gladly pay for my stay. Understanding the wary nature of the North folk (being one myself) I would keep a respectful distance and observe all the rules and traditions of the village, as is required of a Northman raised in equal conditions.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.